SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • In The Next Correction, Will You Be A Winner Or A Loser? [View article]
    Not, it's a concept of buying long term puts and paying for them by selling short term puts with specific ratio. Read the link.
    Sep 17, 2014. 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In The Next Correction, Will You Be A Winner Or A Loser? [View article]
    Great article.

After 5 years of bull market, many investors have a short term memory loss. They think it can go on forever. When they wake up, it's too late.

Take a look how you can fully hedge your portfolio with minimal or no cost - http://bit.ly/1i9K990
    Sep 17, 2014. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    When AAPL wasn't a bargain? Was it a bargain at $705 2 years ago? According to all Apple fanboys, it was going to $1,000 in no time.
    Sep 17, 2014. 02:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    Welcome back Rocco! It's good to read your excellent articles again.

As Dan Nathan wrote:

"What I hate most about the stock right now is the sentiment. In my experience on Twitter, you are a total DICK if you talk negatively about Apple. Which is hilarious to me because I remember the last time this Apple stock pundit was the recipient of such venom (spoiler alert: Sept 2012). Many Apple investors are irrationally confident despite the risk that history may repeat itself again. My view very simply is that the news-flow is subsiding, the sentiment is peaking, and there is a possibility that the stock could actually go down from current levels."

Comments in your article just confirm it. It was very balanced and realistic article, very far from bashing. But to Apple fanboys, if you don't write that the stock will double in the next couple years, you are a clueless dick.

The four most dangerous words in investing are "this time it's different" - Sir John Templeton.
    Sep 17, 2014. 02:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    I don't know why I even waste my time arguing with you. You won't let the facts to confuse you.

I suggest to all Apple fanboys to read the post from Dan Nathan - http://bit.ly/1pixG4Z:

Oh and for those of you who think that AAPL’s stock can’t go down because of buybacks, it is important to note that on September 3rd the stock lost almost $30 billion in market cap in a matter of hours"

Dan Nathan is a very smart guy. Unlike many talking heads here whi do just that - talking, Dan is an actual trader with excellent track record. Maybe it's worth listening to what he is saying.
    Sep 16, 2014. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    iPhone 4 is only 4 years old. Some people don't want to be forced to change phones every 2-3 years. They feel perfectly fine with a 4 years old phone. Even if it's only 1% of the users, they should be able to use their old phone as long as they want, and be able to upgrade to a new version of software. I was in software development for 20 years, we were always required to support hardware even 6-10 years old.

As for the competitors - they might do the same, I didn't check, but Apple claims to have higher standards. This is why they charge premium prices, right? So it's okay to break backwards compatibility only because competitors do it too?
    Sep 15, 2014. 08:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    Compatible phones for iOS8 include iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, and 6 Plus. This means that only 4 of the existing phones will be updated with the new OS. iPhone 4 and earlier versions are not compatible. Breaking backwards compatibility is considered one of the worst things in software development. But of course Apple fanboys don't really care, like they didn't care about other iPhone issues (battery drain etc.)

According to Apple fanboys, "it's not a bug it's a feature"
    Sep 15, 2014. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    Agree.. this would be huge and justify buying the watch.
    Sep 14, 2014. 01:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    I'm not short and not long AAPL or any other stock. I trade options only, non-directionally, and pretty successfully if you look at my track record http://bit.ly/MXsvon.

Are you one of those who bought AAPL at $705 2 years ago? Here is some friendly advice from someone who a bit smarter than most of those posting here (including myself): the situation now seems very similar to September 2012 - http://bit.ly/WJmreM.
    Sep 14, 2014. 01:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    Nice and convenient, I agree. But to pay $350 for that convenience? And to give up the beauty of the traditional watch?
    Sep 13, 2014. 08:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    Willy,

Please don't put words in my mouth. Where did you see me saying that people who buy Apple products are shallow? I myself own iPad and had iPhone till 6 months ago. But my buying decisions were based purely on value for money, not social status. Most Apple fanboys will buy any Apple product no matter how it stands against competition and no matter the price. This is cult.
    Sep 13, 2014. 03:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    They make each new IOS not backward compatible with the previous iPhone because they want you to upgrade to the new iPhone. Any software developer breaking backward compatibility in any software product would be fired immediately. In Apple products, it's not a bug, it's a feature.
    Sep 12, 2014. 10:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    bmrw,

Are you comparing iwatch to Rolex? Really?

Someone who wants a really stylish and quality watch will buy Rolex or another real watch for 1-2k.

Someone who just needs the time can buy a decent watch for $100.

If someone pays $350 only for the convenience not to "fetch the phone from your pocket" - well, I rest my case.

But if people are ready to pay, it just proves how shallow our society became.
    Sep 12, 2014. 03:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    It is still not clear to me why would anyone pay $350 for a watch, Apple or not Apple. What can it do that your smartphone can't? Blood pressure?
    Sep 12, 2014. 09:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's iPhone 6 Market Impacts [View article]
    Very good observation Giorgio.

iPhone costs about double (for 2 years plan) than many other smartphones which are as good or slightly better. The ONLY reason to buy a smartphone today is a social status.

I had iPhone for 3 years, switched to HTC few months ago and couldn't be happier. Why in the world would I pay $200+ for iPhone when I can get HTC for $99??

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
    Abraham Lincoln

Obviously, so far Apple succeeded to fool all the people all the time due to its monster PR machine, but it's only matter of time till more and more people realize the bluff.
    Sep 10, 2014. 04:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment