SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    "Actually, if you understood options you'd know that GLD can slip to $112.68 and you'd still break even and of course we're not advocating putting 100% of a portfolio in a single trade"

Correct. But if it goes to 112, you lose 100%, don't you? And this is what I mentioned. If you don't put 100% of a portfolio in a single trade, then why you compare performance of a single trade to my monthly return on the whole portfolio? How is it even relevant?

"Also, there is no rule against linking to your own site in comments"

Few of my comments have been deleted by SA because I did that.

"Why is it OK for you to tell me to go to your SA articles when you willfully ignore mine"

I don't ignore yours. All I asked for was your track record. A very simple request. If not list of all trades, then at least monthly performance.

Take a look: http://bit.ly/1BiA1ty
    "Look at the performance of the service. Is it easily accessible? Does it list every trade or is it summarised? Are the results clear, understandable and unambiguous? Can you download them on a spreadsheet to run your own analysis? Are the results real or potential? In other words, did trades actually exit at a certain price, or is the performance based on the maximum possible that could have been attained as the price fluctuated?Never subscribe to a service that does not post actual, trade-by-trade results in a clear, understandable way."

Not my words.
    Jun 17, 2015. 08:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    You keep posting examples of your trades. I don't need examples. I go back to my initial question. I want to see ALL your trades performance. FULL track record. Similar to what I post on my performance page. Similar to what any decent service does.

First red flag is when a service doesn't publish a track record. I mean, if the track record is so good, why would you hide it? Why would you give just a random list of winners and not a full list? Is it too much to ask from a service that costs thousands of dollars?
    Jun 16, 2015. 10:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    And yes, you are right, the other two services are still open. They are newer services and have different profile, so we can take more members than SteadyOptions flagship service.
    Jun 16, 2015. 10:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    I didn't post a direct link because contributors are not allowed to post links to their own commercial websites. So thank you for doing it for me.

You are saying you cannot find any trades? How about scrolling down on the performance page, where you can see all 2015 trades. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and there are links to previous year trades. Again, ALL of them, not cherry picked. Posted in real time on members area.

As I mentioned, I used to post trades in my SA articles before the options category was discontinued. They are not hard to find - just go to my SA profile and click on Articles. There are trading ideas in almost every article.

As for 47% gain on GLD - are you serious by comparing a gain on a single trade to monthly return on the whole portfolio? Would you place your whole portfolio into a single trade? We make our returns by allocating only 10% per trade and keeping around 50-60% in cash most of the time. And we do it without predicting the direction of the market or single stock.

What you "forget" to tell your readers is that if you are wrong and GLD goes to 112, which is only 1% move, you lose 100% instead of making 47%.

Sorry, I forgot - you cannot be wrong. But this is the difference between you and me. I structure my trade the way that even if I'm wrong, I don't lose much. In fact, only small percentage of our trades has lost more than 15-20%.
    Jun 16, 2015. 10:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    "Maybe its where that phantom Apple link went?"

If you keep repeating it, it doesn't make it true. That link was simply a seekingalpha.com... link that got cut after ".co" Try to cut and paste "seekingalpha.co" and you will see that somehow it take you to that covered calls website. Nothing to do with me.
    Jun 16, 2015. 09:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    Link to my trades? It's right on my website. I'll help you to find it: it's the sixth tab from the left. ALL my trades. Winners and losers. Not cherry picked. Not after the fact, but in real time, fully documented and archived, with screenshots of my fills. Could you help me to find a similar page on your website?

Why would I need to do a commercial for my service? If you go to the subscription page (the fourth tab from the left), you will see "Closed to new members". All I did was asking you a simple question, and you turned it into a personal attack against me.

Whatever makes you feel good..
    Jun 16, 2015. 09:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    They claim that SA audience is more "investing" oriented, as opposite to "trading" oriented. This is why they discontinued the options category (at least this was the official reason).
    Jun 16, 2015. 05:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    Dear Phil,

It was a simple question. Not sure why it caused such an aggressive reaction.

I have been sharing my ideas with SA readers on a regular basis till SA discontinued the options category. Since then I'm not writing articles anymore because my specialty is options. I don't write about things that I don't know.

Our philosophy is that we are good enough to post a full track record on our website. Every single trade, going 4 years back. Could you point out where yours is? And we do it for a price which is fraction of what you charge. In fact, we had to close our membership to new members due to overwhelming demand. Have you ever done that?

So Phil, we are not really competitors.

We don't provide any big promises. In fact we don't provide ANY promises at all. Everything is based on facts and clear track record, verified by third party.

"I like this comment, http://seekingalpha.co... , where the link goes to another site you're promoting."

That link was supposed to go to SA article by another contributor. It even says "Take a look how good Apple article looks like". You can clearly see that the link starts with "http://seekingalpha.co". I have no idea what is the website that it links to. Definitely not mine.

Your articles are in fact nothing more than promoting your service. How else can you cause people to pay you 4k/year, with no track record provided?

I'm a trader, not a marketer, so I will pass on your marketing job offer. We became one of the most successful options services after less than 4 years in business, with zero marketing and zero advertising. Only hard work, honesty and full transparency.
    Jun 16, 2015. 05:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    Is there any place that people can see your full track record and not only trades that are up 112%?
    Jun 16, 2015. 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What The Great Recession Taught Me About Dividend Growth Investing [View article]
    Great article Chuck! A good reminder what to do (and not to do) during the next bear market. And have no doubt, it will come at some point. At this point, probably sooner than later.
    Jun 11, 2015. 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is The WWDC The Catalyst To Break The Stock Above $133? [View article]
    So far AAPL follows the exact pattern of previous years of WWDC: slight rally ahead of the meeting, then selloff in the first few hours of the meeting and then slight recovery. Playing probabilities worked out, once again. Not fantasies or wishful thinking.

Of course, to long term holders it's just noise, rightfully so.
    Jun 8, 2015. 03:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is The WWDC The Catalyst To Break The Stock Above $133? [View article]
    "This censorship needs to stop."

This is where we are in a full agreement. And my comment was edited.
    Jun 7, 2015. 05:35 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is The WWDC The Catalyst To Break The Stock Above $133? [View article]
    Richard,

Take a look how good Apple article looks like - http://seekingalpha.co...

That article is based on facts. The stock went down every single time during WWDC. This is a fact. Will it happen again this year? Nobody know, but if you want to play probabilities, you better to bet on the downside and not upside during the WWDC.

btw, according to options market, the stock has 9.6% probability to close at or above $133 by the end of the week.
    Jun 7, 2015. 10:35 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mean Reversion And Directional Investing [View article]
    Reel is absolutely right that no strategy is immune to all market conditions and no strategy will work all the time.

This is why it is important to use a mix of strategies to balance your portfolio. For example, we are using mix of straddles, condors, calendars, butterflies etc. We call it a "total portfolio approach". In case of sharp market moves, straddles will protect us because they are gamma positive and vega positive. When the markets are calm, condors will perform much better. Our Steady Condors portfolio is up 31% in 2015.

I like the diagonal approach very much. It allows you to be wrong (not too wrong) and still make money.

Reel, with SPX below 2100, is your thesis still intact? You expect it to go back to 2120? Or you are adjusting?
    Jun 5, 2015. 03:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: May Has Come And Gone And No $140; Where We Stand [View article]
    70k, correct. Same principle - split doesn't change the company value.
    Jun 3, 2015. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment