SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • A Good Option Strategy: Exploiting Earnings - Associated Rising Volatility [View article]
    1) It depends on the stock. Going with further expiration is more conservative strategy since it has much lower negative theta. I usually try to pick options that have at least 2 weeks to expiration.

2) I'm using ONE software for backtesting. You can also use TOS, but ONE is much more powerful. We also do a lot of backtesting on steadyoptions.com forum to find the best strategy.

3) Straddle would be more conservative in terms of percentage gain or loss. I rarely use strangles anymore, they are much more aggressive.
    Jul 28, 2015. 09:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Myths And Misconceptions Of Options Trading [View article]
    I think the important thing to understand is that there is no one strategy that is better than others. Everyone has to find what works for him. I found what works for me, but I never claimed that this is the only way to make money with options. The beauty of options is it's flexibility. You can use them in many ways (leverage, hedging, income etc.)
    Jul 25, 2015. 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Hedge Your Long Portfolio [View article]
    We usually would cover the short puts few days before expiration and roll to options expiring in 2-3 weeks, with new strikes. In any case, you are fully protected by the long options.

Read more here - http://bit.ly/1VESzv0
    Jul 24, 2015. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    Good luck with "know the future" thing.

If the market corrects by 10%, you still believe AAPL will be at 150? Well, I can guarantee you that if there is a correction, the stock will hit 100 before 150.
    Jul 21, 2015. 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    AAPL might recover (probably will, unless the whole market tanks).

BUT the price action shows you how ridiculous it is to pretend to "know" the future.
    Jul 21, 2015. 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    AAPL is down 8% After Hours.

I guess future IS uncertain after all?

Where are all the fanboys who "knew" that Apple will CRASH the estimates and the stock will reach $140-150 in no time?
    Jul 21, 2015. 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    I don't pretend to know anything. This is why I trade non-directionally. People who pretend to "know" where the stock will be in the next week/month/year are just misleading you. Like another SA contributor who pretended to know in May that the stock will hit $140 in 4 weeks (and continued repeating it every week).
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    "They also have the best marketing of all the other companies."

This is true for sure. And this is HUGE part of their success. But as a consumer, I'm not ready to pay for their marketing machine.

"I still worry when I hear the ebullient and thoughtless praise of Apple on these blogs."

Usually this is the biggest warning sign. When everyone thinks he can put 70% of their portfolio in AAPL stock and just become rich in no time, it's not a good sign. Equivalent to taxi drivers start giving stock tips.
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    Well, you can say the same about car reviewers. Subaru is a top ranked car today in almost every category, but most people still continue buying Toyota or Honda. What does it prove? That most people like to have what their friends or neighbors have? It's people's mentality. For some iPhone is a status symbol (this is true especially in countries like China, so not surprising why big chunk of their sales come from China). In Europe where people know to appreciate good value the Android is much more popular.
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    I never hold my trades through earnings. And AAPL in general is not very suitable for earnings trades.
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    64G probably not, but iPhone base model is 16G and is more expensive than Samsung 32G base model which is probably what most people would want.

I'm using Android and never had any issues. Didn't noticed that user experience any better or worse than iOS. Different? Yes. But definitely not worse. Just matter of personal preference.
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    Correct. In 3 years, not 3 months.
    Jul 19, 2015. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    According to 90% of professional reviews, Samsung S6 is at least as good as iPhone (probably better) and cheaper, with more storage. Just one example. There are at least 2-4 other smartphones that are at similar levels of quality and are 30-40% cheaper.

I had iPhone 4 and switched to HTC ONE M8 last year. I don't find it any less secure or more difficult to use.

Yes, Apple products integrate well - assuming all your products are from Apple. If you have Apple TV, you need to own iPad. I have Roku and I can add any private channel. With Apple TV, I have only the channels they give me. If I want to add a channel, I need to watch it through my iPad. This is not freedom to me.
    Jul 19, 2015. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    "Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again"

Pretty amazing how some people pretend to "know" the future. Experienced traders know that the only certain thing in the stock market is uncertainty. Same "experts" predicted in 2012 that AAPL is going to $1,000 in matter of few months.

The simple truth is this: Apple makes excellent products. BUT: they are no longer above the competition. How long will it take even to the most fanatic Apple fanboys that they can buy a similar quality product for 20-40% less? This is why the stock price doesn't take off.
    Jul 19, 2015. 11:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil prices drop as Iran nuclear deal reached [View news story]
    I wouldn't count on it. Israel handled much worse situations and didn't break.
    Jul 14, 2015. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment