SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
    Dear Wizard,

We trade/invest in different ways. My proof is my public track record. 107% average annual return in the last 3 years (including commissions), verified by independent third party. Where is yours? Start posting your trades in real time like I do, and then we can talking and comparing returns.

That's right, to be successful in my style, I don't have to know anything about the fundamentals of the companies I trade. Only options Greeks and price patterns.

But you know what is the difference between us? I never said that my style is the only right one (despite the fact that we are consistently ranked among the top ten newsletters). You on the other hand call everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion a moron. So who lives in denial?

Yes, I sell subscriptions, what's wrong with that? By insulting my way of living, you now insulting the whole industry of investment advisers, hedge fund managers, mutual fund managers etc. Now ignorant and arrogant is this?
    Oct 3, 2014. 07:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Willy,

Keeping insulting people only because they have an opinion different from yours doesn't make you less hollow than the people you insult.

As for your comment about companies killing people - I don't see how this is relevant. But based on this argument, people should sell half of the companies in the S&P. Oil companies are poisoning the environment. Tobacco companies cause lung cancer. Financial companies caused dozens suicides in 2008 sub-prime crisis. Auto-companies kill people on roads. Should I continue?

Is Apple any better? Aren't they abusing thousands of workers in China?
    Oct 3, 2014. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Apple Investors Be Worried By Recent Developments? [View article]
    Apple has nothing to worry about. There are enough fanboys who will buy ANY Apple product, no matter what. They will buy it even if it doesn't work. Then they will say "it's not a bug, it's a feature". Apple PR did an excellent job over the years to dismiss all the problems they had. Any other company having such issues would probably go out of business.
    Sep 28, 2014. 02:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Short Interest Jumps 44% [View article]
    The bending issue continues the "tradition" of Apple iPhones: basically EVERY iPhone had some kind of issue (battery, antenna etc.) According to the same tradition, Apple's first reaction is to say "it's not a bug, it's a feature". Of course at some point they will have to recongnize the problem and fix it.

Which proves two things:
    1. Like with any other product (car, TV etc.) you should NEVER buy a new model in the first couple months of the release.
    2. Apple fanboys will continue to ignore this basic consumer rule and jump on all Apple products in the first day/week of its release. They will also continue to defend Apple and say that "this is a non-issue".
    Sep 27, 2014. 04:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    purpleboarder,

You still don't get it? To GP/Willy, people like you and me who don't agree with their blind and unconditional bullish view on Apple - we are almost traitors. Enemies of the state. Nothing that we say matters. I'm a fraud because I'm not Apple fanboy.
    Sep 26, 2014. 03:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    Just tells you how meaningless is the $2 dividend for a stock that can move $7 in matter of hours.
    Sep 22, 2014. 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Apple just lost the global smartphone war to Google - http://linkd.in/1C51tXU

A Close, Disturbing Look at a New York iPhone 6 Line (Video) - http://on.recode.net/1...

Apple fanboys, you really need a wakeup call.
    Sep 22, 2014. 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    So according to you, if I don't know enough about Apple, then I'm a fraud? This is a very strong argument. You are missing one point again and again: I don't need to know anything about the company to successfully trade its options. In some cases I don't even know the company name. All I need is options pricing and IV.

It might be hard to you to believe that some people are just that - honest. Do you really believe that someone forced me to close my service to new members?? You might want to spend 2 minutes of your precious time and read why I did it - http://bit.ly/1C4chFI. Not many services are ready to sacrifice potential growth in their revenues by limiting the number of members. But I'm committed to provide the highest level of customer service, and this is the main reason.
    As for you - after you started with personal attacks, I highly doubt that anything that you say about yourself is true. But who cares anyway?
    Sep 22, 2014. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    When all your arguments are gone, this is your argument now? That I'm a fraud because I don't agree with you?

You might want to check your facts. Not only most people are not cancelling, but due to overwhelming demand, I had to close the service to new members.

But once again, I guess you won't let the facts to confuse you. And btw, thanks for keeping the conversation going. Got another six registrations for the waiting list today.
    Sep 21, 2014. 11:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Willy,

Please don't tell me what I should or should not do. My opinion is as legitimate as yours. I don't need approval from you. I get approval from hundreds of people that I help to become better traders. You don't like my trading philosophy - fine. I know it's not for everyone.

To be a fan is a good thing. To be a fanatic is not. See the difference? It's okay to like Apple and buy its products, based on OBJECTIVE evaluation. It's not okay to blindly defend everything that Apple does.

It is my legitimate right to warn people against extreme sentiment when I see it, like I did in 2012 (and was right). But when Apple fanatics like yourself and Wizard start to attack me personally for my opinions, it just proves my point.
    Sep 21, 2014. 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wizard,

"Apple survived the subprime crisis nicely" - really?
    The price in Dec.2007: $203
    The price in Jan.2009: $78
    That's 60% down, compared to S&P being down 40%.

Of course you will tell us that you were able to buy at the bottom in Jan. 2009 and made a good money on the recovery. I know, you are much more successful than me. You made millions with AAPL. You know everything about Apple, I know nothing. Your portfolio was up 50% when everyone else was down 50%. Selling subscriptions and helping hundreds people to become better traders is beneath you.

The only problem with those claims is there is no way to verify them. We don't even know your name because you hid behind your anonymity.
    Sep 21, 2014. 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wizard,

You still failed to show a single post where I recommended to short AAPL. You failed to show a single post where I said that I KNOW where the stock is going. Unlike what you are saying, I was right in 2012 when I warned against extreme sentiment and euphoria - the stock was down almost 50% from its highs. This is a fact that you cannot deny.

But you are right. What do I know. You are financially independent investor who made millions from AAPL stock and is going to make more millions in the next 5-10 years. I'm just a simple guy who is running the highest ranked trading service.

As for my credibility - thank you, but my track record speaks for itself. In less than 3 years, I built an options service ranked #1 for members satisfaction and consistently ranked among the top ten newsletters (out of 400+ newsletters) by Pro-Trading-Profits for performance. Hundreds of happy members, the most transparent track record.

So at this point, we will just have to agree to disagree.

I will continue trading options and making outstanding returns for myself and my members, you will continue buying AAPL stock, even at 52w highs.

I will continue doing smart consuming (which to me means doing my homework and not jumping into ANY product at the launch date), you will continue blindly buying Apple products no matter what.

We both know NOTHING about Apple and where its stock will be in 5-10 years - the only difference is that I fully admit it while you pretend to KNOW. I just don't need to in order to continue making money. Another difference between us is that you think that you are better than me because you are an "investor" and I am a "trader". Guess what? Wrong again. My proof is in my track record, open for everyone to see. Where is yours?
    Sep 20, 2014. 08:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wizard,

You keep saying I'm bearish - when in fact, I really don't care which way the stock goes. Please show me one place when I told anyone to sell AAPL (or any other stock). My only claim is that behavior of many Apple fanboys is not rational, and there are dozens examples to support that claim. To me, no company deserves a cult behavior, and you prove me right again and again with your hysterical and irrational responses. But I guess you won't let the facts to confuse you.

You said that I cost novices potential fortunes. The truth is that I helped HUNDREDS of traders to make thousands of dollars, via my articles on SA or my subscription service. I was #1 contributor in options category before SA discontinued options articles. I was getting dozens grateful emails every days from readers who made tons of money following my approach.

All my trades are shared in real time and can be fully verified. I don't buy AAPL, but I don't short it either. But I never claimed that my style is the only one that can make money. Unlike you, I also never claimed that I "know" where the stock is going - while in fact, you have no idea.
    Sep 20, 2014. 03:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    There is one simple difference between me and you (and rest of the Apple fanatics).

Technology changes so quickly and is so unpredictable. We both have NO IDEA where AAPL stock (or any other stock) will be 5-10 years from now. But I fully admit that I don't know, while you pretend to know and even throw numbers (I have seen all kinds of crazy numbers).

History repeats itself. Not always, but many times. Those who don't learn history will make the same mistakes over and over again.
    Sep 20, 2014. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    If I told you that I have, would you believe me? Probably not, so why bother?
    Sep 20, 2014. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment