SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    Wizard,

You keep saying I'm bearish - when in fact, I really don't care which way the stock goes. Please show me one place when I told anyone to sell AAPL (or any other stock). My only claim is that behavior of many Apple fanboys is not rational, and there are dozens examples to support that claim. To me, no company deserves a cult behavior, and you prove me right again and again with your hysterical and irrational responses. But I guess you won't let the facts to confuse you.

You said that I cost novices potential fortunes. The truth is that I helped HUNDREDS of traders to make thousands of dollars, via my articles on SA or my subscription service. I was #1 contributor in options category before SA discontinued options articles. I was getting dozens grateful emails every days from readers who made tons of money following my approach.

All my trades are shared in real time and can be fully verified. I don't buy AAPL, but I don't short it either. But I never claimed that my style is the only one that can make money. Unlike you, I also never claimed that I "know" where the stock is going - while in fact, you have no idea.
    Sep 20 03:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    There is one simple difference between me and you (and rest of the Apple fanatics).

Technology changes so quickly and is so unpredictable. We both have NO IDEA where AAPL stock (or any other stock) will be 5-10 years from now. But I fully admit that I don't know, while you pretend to know and even throw numbers (I have seen all kinds of crazy numbers).

History repeats itself. Not always, but many times. Those who don't learn history will make the same mistakes over and over again.
    Sep 20 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    If I told you that I have, would you believe me? Probably not, so why bother?
    Sep 20 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    fritz68,

It is interesting that you selected my AAPL trades from my SO track record, but ignored the trades I shared with SA reader in my articles:

The Bull Credit spread from December 13, 2011 produced a 42% gain in 6 weeks.
    The Iron Condor from January 10, 2012 produced a 28% gain in 2 weeks.
    The Bear Call Spread combined with the weekly RICs from February 14, 2012 produced a 15% gain in 5 weeks.
    The Iron Condor from March 5, 2012 produced a 18% gain in one week.
    The Long Butterfly from March 19, 2012 produced a 35% gain in three days.

There is no doubt that my AAPL trades in the last year or so were less successful than before. But they were part of well diversified options portfolio. The portfolio as a WHILE produced average annualized return of 121%, according to pro-trading-profits.

It is always convenient to pull few isolated trades and ignore the big picture. But at least you had a chance to see my full track record, which I will see as a positive. And you had a chance to see that unlike other services, I don't hide my losses. ALL trades are in the track record for everyone to see.

As for your comparison to buy and hold - why not to compare to those who bought on September 2012 and are barely breakeven by now?
    Sep 20 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    I'm wondering who is insulting whom? And no, I did not delete any of your comments. I'm just not sure what are those numbers and what you are trying to prove? Are those your trades? AAPL options? Do we have any reliable way to know that you actually made those trades? Are you willing to share your trades in real time, like I did when SA allowed options articles?
    Sep 20 01:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    Once again, you claim that I'm AAPL bear, which I'm not. Personally, I couldn't care less which way the stock is headed. I made tons of money with AAPL playing it with options, and will continue to do so. Just FYI, I own iPad and very happy with it. I owned iPhone and replaced it 6 months ago with HTC, and find it at at least equal quality as iPhone, at significantly cheaper price. But at my next upgrade, I'm open to consider all products, including iPhone, and will make my decision based on what is the best product at that time. This is the difference between smart consumer and Apple fanatic who will buy Apple product no matter what. The price could be higher, the competitor might be better at that time - the Apple fanatic will not care.

You view the lines for the new iPhone as excitement, I view it as a cult. Apple might fix some small software bugs, what about hardware bugs? And why wait for them to fix it? meanwhile you are stuck with defective product. It happens to any product, iPhone is no different. What is so urgent that it cannot wait couple months and you need to spend hours in line or overpay double on eBay?
    Sep 19 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    I'm not sure why you say I was wrong. You probably didn't bother to read some of the links I provided. As mentioned, I never called to short AAPL. I warned against the euphoria and the extreme sentiment in 2012, and I was right. All I'm saying that the current sentiment reminds me 2012. Will the history repeat itself? I have no idea. The same way as you have no way to know where AAPL will be in the next 5-10 years - yet you sound so sure that it goes higher. It's almost like you can predict the future. And this is what scary.

4 million iPhones pre-ordered in first 24 hours?? You might find it encouraging, I find it scary. Any rational person knows that any high tech product will have many bugs and defects in the first few batches. It's a well known fact. It's true for cars, electronics products, and smartphones are no different. No rational consumer will order any of those products in the first couple months of their production. Yet it seems that Apple fanboys ignore this simple consumer rule time after time. To me, this is a first sign of a bubble.
    Sep 19 02:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Record iPhone 6 Pre-Orders Versus No China In 2014 [View article]
    I have a simple question for all Apple fanboys.

Any rational person knows that any high tech product will have many bugs and defects in the first few batches. It's a well known fact. It's true for cars, electronics products, and smartphones are no different. No rational consumer will order any of those products in the first couple months of their production. Yet it seems that Apple fanboys ignore this simple consumer rule time after time. What is it in the new iPhone that you cannot live without another couple months? Why people would pay on ebay double the retail price for iPhone 6 plus - http://bit.ly/YZ1Rco? Isn't it a bit of insane?
    Sep 19 02:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    Willy and Wizard,

Your comments just continue proving me right regarding the fanaticism and blindness of Apple fanboys.

FYI:
    I was NEVER Apple bear. I NEVER called to short AAPL and never was short AAPL myself. All I'm saying is that the stock sentiment is now exactly like in 2012, and your comments prove it. In fact, if you look at some of my articles back in 2012, I warned against the exact same sentiment when the stock was at $650-700, and I was right.

I'm not an Apple bull or bear. I don't care about the company fundamentals. I don't want to predict where the stock is going in the next month, year or 5 years. If I can predict where the stock won't go in the next month, this is good enough for me.

But many of my readers profited from the non-directional AAPL trades that I shared - ALL of them made double digit gains. Here are few examples:

The Bull Credit spread from December 13, 2011 produced a 42% gain in 6 weeks.
    The Iron Condor from January 10, 2012 produced a 28% gain in 2 weeks.
    The Iron Condor from March 5, 2012 produced a 18% gain in one week.
    The Long Butterfly from March 19, 2012 produced a 35% gain in three days.

So Willy, why would I be grumpy? I'm making triple digit gains with my non-directional stuff year after year without really caring which way AAPL or any other stock goes.

Sep 19 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    This is hilarious:

Dear iPhone 6 users: welcome to 2012!
    Sep 17 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    When AAPL wasn't a bargain? Was it a bargain at $705 2 years ago? According to all Apple fanboys, it was going to $1,000 in no time.
    Sep 17 02:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    Welcome back Rocco! It's good to read your excellent articles again.

As Dan Nathan wrote:

"What I hate most about the stock right now is the sentiment. In my experience on Twitter, you are a total DICK if you talk negatively about Apple. Which is hilarious to me because I remember the last time this Apple stock pundit was the recipient of such venom (spoiler alert: Sept 2012). Many Apple investors are irrationally confident despite the risk that history may repeat itself again. My view very simply is that the news-flow is subsiding, the sentiment is peaking, and there is a possibility that the stock could actually go down from current levels."

Comments in your article just confirm it. It was very balanced and realistic article, very far from bashing. But to Apple fanboys, if you don't write that the stock will double in the next couple years, you are a clueless dick.

The four most dangerous words in investing are "this time it's different" - Sir John Templeton.
    Sep 17 02:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    I don't know why I even waste my time arguing with you. You won't let the facts to confuse you.

I suggest to all Apple fanboys to read the post from Dan Nathan - http://bit.ly/1pixG4Z:

Oh and for those of you who think that AAPL’s stock can’t go down because of buybacks, it is important to note that on September 3rd the stock lost almost $30 billion in market cap in a matter of hours"

Dan Nathan is a very smart guy. Unlike many talking heads here whi do just that - talking, Dan is an actual trader with excellent track record. Maybe it's worth listening to what he is saying.
    Sep 16 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    iPhone 4 is only 4 years old. Some people don't want to be forced to change phones every 2-3 years. They feel perfectly fine with a 4 years old phone. Even if it's only 1% of the users, they should be able to use their old phone as long as they want, and be able to upgrade to a new version of software. I was in software development for 20 years, we were always required to support hardware even 6-10 years old.

As for the competitors - they might do the same, I didn't check, but Apple claims to have higher standards. This is why they charge premium prices, right? So it's okay to break backwards compatibility only because competitors do it too?
    Sep 15 08:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    Compatible phones for iOS8 include iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, and 6 Plus. This means that only 4 of the existing phones will be updated with the new OS. iPhone 4 and earlier versions are not compatible. Breaking backwards compatibility is considered one of the worst things in software development. But of course Apple fanboys don't really care, like they didn't care about other iPhone issues (battery drain etc.)

According to Apple fanboys, "it's not a bug it's a feature"
    Sep 15 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment