SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    Good luck with "know the future" thing.

If the market corrects by 10%, you still believe AAPL will be at 150? Well, I can guarantee you that if there is a correction, the stock will hit 100 before 150.
    Jul 21, 2015. 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    AAPL might recover (probably will, unless the whole market tanks).

BUT the price action shows you how ridiculous it is to pretend to "know" the future.
    Jul 21, 2015. 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    AAPL is down 8% After Hours.

I guess future IS uncertain after all?

Where are all the fanboys who "knew" that Apple will CRASH the estimates and the stock will reach $140-150 in no time?
    Jul 21, 2015. 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    I don't pretend to know anything. This is why I trade non-directionally. People who pretend to "know" where the stock will be in the next week/month/year are just misleading you. Like another SA contributor who pretended to know in May that the stock will hit $140 in 4 weeks (and continued repeating it every week).
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    "They also have the best marketing of all the other companies."

This is true for sure. And this is HUGE part of their success. But as a consumer, I'm not ready to pay for their marketing machine.

"I still worry when I hear the ebullient and thoughtless praise of Apple on these blogs."

Usually this is the biggest warning sign. When everyone thinks he can put 70% of their portfolio in AAPL stock and just become rich in no time, it's not a good sign. Equivalent to taxi drivers start giving stock tips.
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    Well, you can say the same about car reviewers. Subaru is a top ranked car today in almost every category, but most people still continue buying Toyota or Honda. What does it prove? That most people like to have what their friends or neighbors have? It's people's mentality. For some iPhone is a status symbol (this is true especially in countries like China, so not surprising why big chunk of their sales come from China). In Europe where people know to appreciate good value the Android is much more popular.
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    I never hold my trades through earnings. And AAPL in general is not very suitable for earnings trades.
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    64G probably not, but iPhone base model is 16G and is more expensive than Samsung 32G base model which is probably what most people would want.

I'm using Android and never had any issues. Didn't noticed that user experience any better or worse than iOS. Different? Yes. But definitely not worse. Just matter of personal preference.
    Jul 20, 2015. 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    Correct. In 3 years, not 3 months.
    Jul 19, 2015. 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    According to 90% of professional reviews, Samsung S6 is at least as good as iPhone (probably better) and cheaper, with more storage. Just one example. There are at least 2-4 other smartphones that are at similar levels of quality and are 30-40% cheaper.

I had iPhone 4 and switched to HTC ONE M8 last year. I don't find it any less secure or more difficult to use.

Yes, Apple products integrate well - assuming all your products are from Apple. If you have Apple TV, you need to own iPad. I have Roku and I can add any private channel. With Apple TV, I have only the channels they give me. If I want to add a channel, I need to watch it through my iPad. This is not freedom to me.
    Jul 19, 2015. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again [View article]
    "Apple Earnings Will Blow Past The Pundits, Again"

Pretty amazing how some people pretend to "know" the future. Experienced traders know that the only certain thing in the stock market is uncertainty. Same "experts" predicted in 2012 that AAPL is going to $1,000 in matter of few months.

The simple truth is this: Apple makes excellent products. BUT: they are no longer above the competition. How long will it take even to the most fanatic Apple fanboys that they can buy a similar quality product for 20-40% less? This is why the stock price doesn't take off.
    Jul 19, 2015. 11:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is The WWDC The Catalyst To Break The Stock Above $133? [View article]
    So far AAPL follows the exact pattern of previous years of WWDC: slight rally ahead of the meeting, then selloff in the first few hours of the meeting and then slight recovery. Playing probabilities worked out, once again. Not fantasies or wishful thinking.

Of course, to long term holders it's just noise, rightfully so.
    Jun 8, 2015. 03:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is The WWDC The Catalyst To Break The Stock Above $133? [View article]
    "This censorship needs to stop."

This is where we are in a full agreement. And my comment was edited.
    Jun 7, 2015. 05:35 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is The WWDC The Catalyst To Break The Stock Above $133? [View article]
    Richard,

Take a look how good Apple article looks like - http://seekingalpha.co...

That article is based on facts. The stock went down every single time during WWDC. This is a fact. Will it happen again this year? Nobody know, but if you want to play probabilities, you better to bet on the downside and not upside during the WWDC.

btw, according to options market, the stock has 9.6% probability to close at or above $133 by the end of the week.
    Jun 7, 2015. 10:35 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: May Has Come And Gone And No $140; Where We Stand [View article]
    70k, correct. Same principle - split doesn't change the company value.
    Jun 3, 2015. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment