Stefan Bordonaro

View Stefan Bordonaro's Comments BY TICKER:
  • LPath Inc. A Small Biotechnology Company With Big Potential [View article]
    Alex, thank you for your insight on Lpath (LPTN). I also find the company to be a valuable long term investment. Lipidomics may be a nascent field, but biologically active lipids (that which Lpath specializes in) pose to be viable therapeutic targets/entities. I am quite fond of the science behind Lpath. The company is high risk and there will be a large amount of hurdles with such a novel science, but the returns could be phenomenal if successful. Personally, I think the company will end up getting acquired due to their number of patents and the fact that they are considered a “leader” in lipidomics.
    Jan 11 10:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Portola Pharmaceuticals: One To Definitely Get On Your Watchlist [View article]
    For any future or past readers, I wanted to correct a point mentioned.

Boehringer Ingelheim's Pradaxa® (dabigatran etexilate) will NOT work with Portola's PRT4445 antidote.
    Dec 22 04:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sweeter Deal On The Horizon For Prolor Biotech? [View article]
    Thank you! Prolor turned out to be a better arbitrage trade then I originally thought. I'm glad you got something out of the deal.

Aug 29 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Akorn Inc: Growing Under The Radar [View article]
    I was quite surprised by the acquisition of Hi-Tech today. I really like how Akorn is positioning itself. You're right, the acquisition will definitely cushion Nembutal sales.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    Aug 27 06:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Akorn Inc: Growing Under The Radar [View article]
    Thank you for pointing that out. I agree, there could definitely be material effect to the sales of Nembutal. What do you think a realistic number would be for the reduction of sales? I'm thinking a reduction of revenue for 2014 by $40 million to account for Sagents entry. Do you you think this is a sufficient value? I would really appreciate your feedback.
    Aug 26 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Akorn Inc: Growing Under The Radar [View article]
    Hello, if you don't mind me asking, I'm curious what you mean by your question?
    Aug 26 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Daiichi Sankyo's Edoxaban® has jumped on the boat.
    Jun 26 04:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good morning, I am not very familiar with Biolase, but after just a quick look the first thing that comes to mind is cash. I think they are running a bit low on cash, but as I said, I just gave it a quick look. As for Portola, the problem with developmental companies is properly evaluating them. Most of the time, analysts find themselves valuing a company by a possible rate of success and potential sales should a product ever come to market. It all comes down to the possibility and projected earning should things be successful. Portola is most likely rising due to speculation towards results expected in the 3rd or 4th quarter for PRT4445. Should the results be positive, that would definitely cause the stock to heat up for a bit. The thing is- the next major catalyst wouldn't be till 2015 and so I suspect a slow decrease in the price over time. Overall, if you like Portola, I would suggest being patient and keeping an eye on it.
    Thank you very much for your comment and read.
    Jun 25 09:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello, thank you for the read. The only reason to buy now would be to speculate an increase should the results of PRT4445 be positive (which I suspect them to be). Overall, this stock is a trade stock, not an investment.
    Jun 24 05:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sweeter Deal On The Horizon For Prolor Biotech? [View article]
    Merck is a 138 billion dollar company that has been around since the 40s... Merck can throw 1000's of scientists onto a project with hardly any concern for funds. You are not comparing apples to apples here.
    May 12 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sweeter Deal On The Horizon For Prolor Biotech? [View article]
    Well, I appreciate your opinion. I found what you were talking about in reference to Summer Street."Summer Street downgraded Prolor Biotech two notches to Sell from Buy citing delays in the initiation of Phase III trials. The firm lowered its price target for shares to $3 from $6." The delay definitely makes sense to initiate a sell. This price target could have been them anticipating skittish investors fleeing the boat. A majority of analysts are quite bullish about Prolor (though in all honesty, I don't really listen too much to price targets set by analysts). I simply included that in my article to just point out that I'm not the only one out there who feels the company is worth a bit more.

Personally, I find CTP itself to be a very attractive protein additive. I honestly don't know why BMY passed up the technology. The applicability of the protein portion is practicably limitless given its simplicity and natural occurrence. Perhaps BMY would reevaluate CTP and Prolor given the designation of orphan drug status for hGH-CTP in both the US and Europe. Who knows? As an investor though, I wish the company would at least shop around a bit before committing to Frost's roll-up. Whether or not they get a better deal is of course, speculative.
    As for Opko paying too much, I have to disagree; but that is an opinion, not a fact. This is because the company is still in developmental company that has really yet to show its worth.

Now you bring up an interesting point. As for Prolor being an Israeli company, are you implying that his offer is "high" strictly because Prolor sits on Israeli soil? If that were true, Frost than would be hypothetically going against the best interests of his shareholders at Opko (paying too much for a company he feels is worth a lot less, but pays more simply because it's a company in Israel). This, I highly doubt. I understand that he’s a legend in Israel, but there is nothing rational about spending 100s of millions more (of his own and shareholders money) for a company simply because it's in Israel. If he knew the company was going to eventually going to be cheaper, why not snatch it up then? As you mention above, the company would eventually have to raise more money through another offering. If that is so obvious, why should Frost buy the company now? I do agree that the possibility of another offering could arise in the future.

As for licensing: http://bit.ly/16sgZjw
    Page 25

Oppenheimer seems to think 2031 for the licensing expansion. No offense, but I believe Oppenheimer is a more credible source.
    Thanks again for the read and comments!
    May 12 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sweeter Deal On The Horizon For Prolor Biotech? [View article]
    Thank you, glad you liked it! I will be quite surprised if this deal does through without some sort of alteration. The man may be a legend, but you can't tell me their is no concern in his head towards this whole transaction. At this point, its all speculative, but there is the possibility of an alteration in the deal. As for the Opko shares after the transaction, I have yet to decide if will keep them. Opko does have a large amount of risk, yet with all the insider purchases, I believe the price will be stabilized. It will be interesting to see how this transaction plays out.
    Thank you for your opinion and comment!
    May 3 08:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sweeter Deal On The Horizon For Prolor Biotech? [View article]
    I do not know a Larry Bordonaro. I am fairly aware of how Frost goes about forging companies. His strategy is exactly how he created IVAX. In a way, I guess I am quite glad that Frost believes in Prolor as a strategic investment for Opko. What I'm concerned with at this point is the possibility of shareholders voting down the transaction. Perhaps the company will get shopped around or maybe Frost will throw a few more bones to shareholders to keep them quite. Either way, there appears that there is a possibility of a nice gain. Perhaps with all the insider buying, the shares of Opko will far exceed their current $7 levels and so that slight 11% gain as mentioned will become slightly higher. I am still trying to figure out what I would do with my Opko shares should this transaction occur.
    Thank you for the read and your opinion!
    May 3 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sweeter Deal On The Horizon For Prolor Biotech? [View article]
    I agree with you 100%. I am hoping and counting on a higher offer, either from Opko or from another major firm. As I mentioned above, I said that Opko "at first glance looks overvalued." What I meant was that when you first look at some simple fundamental aspects of the company, the metrics point in the overvalued direction. Their pipelines and future is what is really dictating their current valuation. Personally, I do not think Opko will lower in share price too much during this transaction. Its going to be difficult to have a major Opko sell-off at this time if insiders continue to purchase shares. My theory on this is that Opko shares will stay relatively in the $7 range throughout the Prolor transaction.
    May 3 07:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Sweeter Deal On The Horizon For Prolor Biotech? [View article]
    You bring up a good point. Opko at first glance looks very overvalued compared to Prolor. Personally, I rather Prolor over Opko shares. I purchased my initial batch of Prolor shares back in Nov. 2011 and I have adjusted that position during peaks and drops. I was not thrilled when I first read about this takeover. The only reason I purchased more shares was because I do not think Frost is going to allow Prolor to slip away if shareholders vote down (or intend to vote down) the transaction. To purchases shares at this point is highly speculative. My only point is that there is very little downside compared to the possible upside. Personally, I think Prolor is defiantly worth at least $10 per share. The reason I address this is because the reward is quite large compared to the risk. Should the transaction fall through, I would lose 11% and some of my earnings, but should the deal increase to $10, I would earn a nice little gain of 58% on my increased stake. As I said, my current theory is highly speculative. I would not suggest that someone invest strictly in Prolor. This is surly a strategy for a well diversified portfolio and I would suggest investors to research the matter further before making a trade.
    Thank you very much for your comment and view.
    Congratulations on your Prolor investment!
    Best of luck to you and your holdings as we progress through this transaction!
    May 2 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment