Stefan Radacovsky

View Stefan Radacovsky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Awilco Drilling: Hold This Attractive Dividend Payer Through 2015 [View article]
    Author is misinformed. Awilco carries enough cash on it's balance sheet specifically for big refurbishing in 2015.
    Dec 18, 2014. 10:15 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Awilco Drilling Earnings [View article]
    My understanding from reading company's reports is that this fund is specifically maintained to fund refurbishing of both rigs' blow out preventers in 2015. This will make them again competitive with the newbuilds (sort of). So this fund wil cease to exist after 2015 and no it won't be used to fund dividends.
    I have no idea where you came up with things like structural cash fund and underspending on capex... The purpose of the funds was clearly communicated.
    Nov 14, 2014. 05:37 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zacks' Bear Of The Day: Tesco [View article]
    This article is a little bit late after a 40% decline.
    Sep 25, 2014. 04:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Ukrainian Crisis Matters To Fertilizer Stock Investors [View article]
    Bravo! The article nicely connects dots between economic, political and financial facts.
    Dec 9, 2013. 05:57 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Süedzucker: A Cheap Food Giant With A High Yield [View article]
    The cane vs beet price info comes from some other article. I think the major reason why cane could be cheaper is that it is easier to harvest(?) and grows in areas where the labor price is much cheaper than in Europe.
    Dec 2, 2013. 04:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Süedzucker: A Cheap Food Giant With A High Yield [View article]
    I read an article about britsh sugar producers. They use imported sugar cane and would be much cheaper than mainland producers if not for the import duty on sugar cane. http://yhoo.it/1buU0r1
    I can't foresee how much would profitability decline if EU would lift all bans and support.

K+S: I looked at the company at the beginning of the year and passed because I thought the price had run up considerably at that time. Boy, was I lucky :-) In the wake of Belaruskali and Uralkali spat I did a deeper analysis. I chose to buy Uralkali as they are the lowest cost producer of potash and they should win in the end. So far it has been a roller-coaster but as I bought at the bottom I am still in green.

These days I look at 2 companies: Television Broadcasts Ltd and TGS Nopec Geophysical.
    Nov 29, 2013. 11:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Süedzucker: A Cheap Food Giant With A High Yield [View article]
    Very good analysis. I analysed Agrana this year and realized I don't understand EU policy and quotas good enough. It was my reason to pass on Agrana. Sudzucker looks even better so I wish you good luck. For me, the EU involvement is a big turn-off. I have had my bad experience with regulators (EON).
    Nov 29, 2013. 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aegon, N.V. Preferred Stocks: Opportunities And Risks [View article]
    Of course, you are right.
    Nov 25, 2013. 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aegon, N.V. Preferred Stocks: Opportunities And Risks [View article]
    I think your data is incorrect. AEK'S call date is 2042 according to http://bit.ly/IgtmpJ
    Nov 25, 2013. 09:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere: Why I Think This Cyclical Is Undervalued [View article]
    Hi Tom.
    Thanks for answer.
    I get what is capex and why it is necessary. That is the reason why I was puzzled when you were comparing it with depreciation. In my opinion depreciation should more or less reflect non-growth capital expenditures (i.e. capital expenditures used to replace old equipment).

Contrary to you, I would search for companies that properly depreciate their PPE i.e. depreciation ~ capex. Those are the companies that aren't trying to do any accounting shenanigans and artificially inflate reported net income. On the other hand this screener would penalize also fast growing companies.
    Nov 24, 2013. 08:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deere: Why I Think This Cyclical Is Undervalued [View article]
    Why is having capex higher than depreciation a good thing? For one, it makes net income look artificially higher. I don't understand...
    Nov 22, 2013. 11:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Danger Zone: XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) [View article]
    Ha, I was just investigation XBRL today. Piece of crap imo.
    Nov 8, 2013. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mosaic Could Easily Double Once Uralkali Dust Evaporates [View article]
    Hopes and dreams
    Sep 20, 2013. 02:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fertilizer Stocks Need To Go Lower [View article]
    Thanks for reply. I think I read it somewhere in Yara's presentation that high coal price makes some(?) chinese producers unprofitable compared to producers who use natural gas.
    Aug 27, 2013. 12:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fertilizer Stocks Need To Go Lower [View article]
    Chris, do you see crop production or Chinese coal supply as a bigger driver of prices? I am asking as I want to do sensitivity analysis based on some inputs. Question is how to set weights for inputs.
    Aug 27, 2013. 09:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment