Stephen Coleman

View Stephen Coleman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The next iPhone (AAPL) could single-handedly account for 4.4% of the chip industry's 2013 sales, says RBC's Doug Freedman, who estimates 171.7M units will be sold next year. Among the expected beneficiaries: Qualcomm (QCOM), whom Freedman thinks will obtain $18 per iPhone shipment; Broadcom (BRCM), expected to get $6.50/iPhone; and SanDisk (SNDK), expected to get $9.50/iPhone if its NAND flash chips are used (previous). [View news story]
    SNDK is 10% of my holdings. I guessed that SNDK WAS THE PLAY, based upon Tim Cook's comments in Apple's April earnings call. I hope that I am correct. In two days, we will know.
    Sep 10 08:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Problem with iPhone Killers [View article]
    The App store is a moat. So is iTunes. Great post!
    Oct 26 10:55 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big in Japan: Apple Retail Experience [View article]
    Welcome to the REAL world. Apple is an ecosystem for those who demand and receive excellence at all times in all things. Apple sometimes fails but is swift to admit its failure and boldly committed to correcting its error. For example, last year the "moblie me" launch was ham-handed. Now, "mobile me" is under new management and it works brilliantly. Apple has a culture that rewards perfection, kindness, and simplicity. I own a PowerBook G4 that is five years old and I just had it reconditioned with a new motherboard, new hard drive, and they reloaded all of my software for me. For $300 I have a "new" computer that they say should last for at least three more years. Apple's confidence in its quality is the most endearing part of being in the Apple ecosystem. They want me to be satisfied. I am euphoric!
    Jun 15 06:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Replacing P/E in Valuing Apple Stock [View article]
    Toni+:

$300 by yearend was a layup. I believe that $600 is the real number.
    Aug 13 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Replacing P/E in Valuing Apple Stock [View article]
    Squawk:

I want The Street to keep using the P/E. I want that useless metric, as it relates to Apple, to live long and falter. That way, I can buy Apple on the cheap for my clients. I am not seeking converts. I was just sharing my thoughts with a group of people who are quite discerning and, mostly, devoid of bluster.
    Aug 3 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Replacing P/E in Valuing Apple Stock [View article]
    Auto:

The year-over-year comparison follows. In the twelve months ending June 30, 2007, Apple generated $4,587,000,000 in cash. In the twelve months ending June 30, 2008, Apple generated $7,007,000,000 in cash. Apple Inc.'s year-over-year growth in cash was 52.76%. That result is far more true than the reported EPS growth of 31%.
    Jul 31 12:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Taking Notes From Disney [View article]
    Jason:

For the second time in less than a week, I found your written words fascinating and substantial. Thank you.

Apr 23 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expecting Apple to Reach $300 in 2008 [View article]
    I have enjoyed your comments. May we all live long and prosper.

Apr 4 10:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Inc. Will Hit $200 per Share in 2007 [View article]
    Lucky you. It has been a great run. And, we have far to go.

MacTel refers to the Intel-based Macintosh computers. Good fortune to you.

Steve