View as an RSS Feed
Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control
- Sirius XM's share price has often been referred to as "manipulated".
- It could easily have been, given certain outstanding issues.
- Long-term investors should find greater future benefit due to a well-executed share repurchase program so far.
Sirius XM: Thoughts On Manipulation
- For years investors have claimed Sirius XM's share price is manipulated.
- Sirius XM's share price likely is manipulated, as are all stock prices.
- Investors should accept manipulation as an unavoidable reality and instead invest on their own opinion of value.
Sirius XM: Retail Holders Now Own Less Than 15%
- Retail holders of Sirius XM are primary sellers into the company's buyback.
- Concerns and fears that Sirius XM would quickly and recklessly repurchase shares and thus 'overpay' have not come to fruition.
- Sirius XM could eradicate most of the remaining retail holders within 12 months.
Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release
- Short data is disseminated on August 26th for the prior reporting period.
- Sirius XM's short data should increase significantly due to an outstanding agreement with bond holders.
- It's not a cause for alarm, and is actually quite positive going forward.
Sirius XM, Liberty Media And Pie
- Pie is good.
- More pie is better.
- As Liberty Media's share of Sirius XM's pie grows, it can offer more, for less.
Sirius XM: Does EPS Matter?
- EPS is the metric by which many companies are judged at first glance.
- Sirius XM has posted flat earnings per share recently, and should continue to do so for some time.
- To the informed long term investor, this should not be a concern. Focus elsewhere.
Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Keep Selling Your Shares
- Last year I wrote an article about why I want Sirius XM investors to sell their shares.
- Today the story is no different, and going forward the story remains the same.
- Sell your shares or even short them so that Sirius XM may repurchase as many as possible at current prices.
Sirius XM: Q2 Profit Up 7.7% Year-Over-Year If You Look Closely
- Many have been reporting Sirius XM Q2 profit as down by 4% year-over-year.
- Certain issues dragging on the share price are "ghosts."
- Discounting one-time issues, Sirius XM's net income improved at roughly a 7.7% increase year-over-year.
Sirius XM: Important Reason Found For Massive Short Increase In Q2 Report
- Sirius XM's short interest rose by a large amount in May of 2014.
- Until Sirius XM's Q2 report the question of "why?" was left unanswered.
- Thanks to Seeking Alpha reader "denco1" the answer has been found.
Sirius XM: You Won't Believe What I Found In The Q2 Report
- Sirius XM delivered an excellent second quarter report.
- Analysis shows the company performing in strong fashion.
- Some minor concerns are just that, minor concerns.
- Immediate market reaction appears confused, but shouldn't be. Full steam ahead.
Sirius XM: Right On Track For A Break Towards $4 Per Share
- Sirius XM stock is behaving as expected.
- $2 billion added to existing $4 billion in share buybacks.
- Look for a break of $3.50 on a good Q2 report, and a move towards $4 per share.
Sirius XM: $4 Per Share Will Depend On Q2 Report
- Sirius XM is under significant accumulation.
- Short interest in Sirius XM has spiked on increasing prices and declining trading volume.
- It's a slow grind until news, likely the Q2 report, presents a catalyst.
- I expect the report will catalyze to the upside.
This Is Why Sirius XM Is Up Today
- Sirius XM reached $3.47 in trading on 6/18, rising nearly 5% in the past 3 trading days.
- Without news to drive the activity, investors should consider ongoing issues.
- It's simply supply and demand.
Sirius XM: Short Interest Explodes By 56% Over The Past 2 Weeks
- Sirius XM has shown decreasing short interest for several months.
- Typical short interest difference between reporting periods are less than 20 million shares.
- Most recent data shows Sirius XM's short interest increased by an abnormally large 56%, or nearly 111 million shares.
Sirius XM: Buyback Return Requires Long-Term Horizon
- Sirius XM is currently in the middle of a large-scale share buyback.
- I expect buybacks to continue beyond the 'to date' $4 billion authorization.
- If done properly, returns can be expected long term despite short-term neutrality.
Sirius XM: Stop The Madness And Just Buy It
- Sirius XM is historically undervalued both from a fundamental and technical standpoint.
- Recent nonsense headlines are wildly speculative, and generally useless.
- Stick to appropriate measures of historic valuation and use weakness to load up.
Sirius XM: Reverse Split Request Denied
- Recent daydreaming has caused some to wonder (again) about Sirius XM instituting a reverse split.
- Sirius XM, in present form, will not be doing a reverse split.
- Majority owner Liberty Media would see no benefit from a reverse split.
- Investors would be better off focusing on reality and not what they would do if they ran the company.
Sirius XM: Important Points In The Q1 Report You May Have Missed
- Sirius XM reported EPS of $0.02 for Q1 2013.
- Earnings were reduced due to one time issues.
- Share repurchases of 39,500,000 were made in March at $3.26 per share.
Sirius XM: At $3.15, Still Trading In Tandem With Liberty At $125
- It's a ratio.
- Liberty's offer, originally valued at $3.68, would now value Sirius XM at $3.15.
- Since the offer is off the table, focus on what matters, not on wild speculation.
Sirius XM: When Does This 'Thing' Get Out Of The Mud?
- Sirius investors have considered the stock to be a 'pig' for months.
- Maintaining perspective on the company is key to purchasing in times of fear.
- What started the decline may be coming to an end.
Sirius XM And Liberty Media: What To Expect Short-Term
- Liberty Media removes offer for Sirius XM equity swap.
- Short-term turbulence expected as arbitrageurs unwind.
- Removal of deal very positive for both equities.
- Sirius XM: Deal Or No Deal? You Win, But You May Be Waiting
- Sirius XM: Focus And Discipline Is Required
- Sirius XM: $3.38? Liberty's Deal Is Not A Sure Thing
- Sirius XM: Short Interest Rapidly Falling While Liberty's Triples
- Sirius XM: 'I'm Smarter Than The Market?'
- Sirius XM: Vote 'NO' On Liberty's $3.68 Offer
- Sirius XM : Liberty Media's Offer Is Attractive Despite $3.68 Offered
- Sirius XM: $4.25 By January? Was I Wrong?
- Sirius XM: The Smoke And Mirrors Of 'Declining Growth'
- Sirius XM: Showing You Why I See $4.50
- Sirius XM: $3.70 Equals Disappointed Investors? I Disagree