Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
    This ends immediately :P
    Dec 26, 2014. 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I wish I could say the "would you believe" was intended :P
    Dec 26, 2014. 12:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Christmas List For Sirius XM [View article]
    Executives are unlikely to want a share price to go down during a buyback. Executives are not a majority owner (typically).
    Dec 26, 2014. 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Christmas List For Sirius XM [View article]
    It's just very strange for someone to just have discovered "podcasts" as they have been around for over a decade? It's not like this is some new tech.
    Dec 26, 2014. 12:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Christmas List For Sirius XM [View article]
    Ooh good reminder on Young Frankenstein... would you believe I have never seen that ? =/ Need to put it on the list.

Never saw Get Smart either... though I figure Inspector Gadget was pulled from that and I did watch that as a kid.
    Dec 26, 2014. 11:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    hahah!
    Dec 25, 2014. 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Christmas List For Sirius XM [View article]
    "And, for Ol Blue Eyes, ask anyone at CES if they are going to come out with a decent table top system"

RECORD THIS ON VIDEO PLEASE! ;) (very important)
    Dec 25, 2014. 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Christmas List For Sirius XM [View article]
    He may have bought at $60 years ago. Ya never know.... podcasts and all...
    Dec 25, 2014. 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Christmas List For Sirius XM [View article]
    And The Beatles are 7 years earlier than mine.

Mel Brooks at least overlapped. And God bless that man for Blazing Saddles, even if it was before my time.
    Dec 25, 2014. 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Oh jeez I'm the last one to care lol :) I can take swipes :P
    Dec 25, 2014. 04:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Different generations :P Spaceballs' line was a joke off that joke :P
    Dec 25, 2014. 04:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thought that was Spaceballs :P
    Dec 25, 2014. 03:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Too much :P lol

Yeah premiums were pretty crazy EOY last year. Even the $3.50's are down considerably.

Premiums on the $2.50s are a few pennies here. Almost makes sense for me to roll forward now and take a hit of a few cents on the larger lot. Even the $3's look attractive long side for 1 year of time.

It's what happens when the stock goes a whole year and consolidates, I guess.
    Dec 25, 2014. 03:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Christmas List For Sirius XM [View article]
    Take analyst targets as points where they would change opinion, not as "this is where the stock is definitely going to go." I think people make that mistake far too often... assuming an analyst's target is where they think the stock will be for sure in 12 months exactly...

I think one can be less careful with 2015 than with 2014.

I still would not suggest ATM or OTM options except with fun money. Heck even my $3's are a very small position and those were ITM / ATM at purchase.

AAPL was attractive at $400. I wouldn't be a buyer of AAPL here from an investment standpoint. Trade, sure.

I can't fathom why you can't do spreads. They are the same class as a covered call. If you can go long a call then there is no reason they should keep you from writing a strike higher up against it. It's actually more conservative with lower risk... If they won't let you do an ITM spread but will let you do a straight OTM call buy then I'd find another platform.

I wouldn't expect them to let you do a cash covered put write if they won't let you enter a spread.

Only dip I see from here is to fill the little gap a few pennies below on an intra day basis. Got my buy set $3.42... figure it comes before the end of the year.
    Dec 25, 2014. 12:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Christmas List For Sirius XM [View article]
    Jan 2015 was $5 area (more specifically $4.85) sell target. Same as $4.25 for Jan 2014. It's the target at which I would change my position and sell out from hold and add under the 50 day MA.

SIRI has hit my "sell" point, roughly, twice in the last 5 years. $2.40 in 2011 and $4.18 in 2013. Anyone and everyone should have easily been able to sell at $4.17 in Oct of 2014 if they chose, especially considering $4.25 for Jan 2014 was an entire quarter away.

Likewise SIRI has hit my strong buy areas 7X (other than the obvious 2/2009) 12/2009, 8/2010, 10/2011, 2-7/2012 4,10,12/2014.

I'm not sure anyone is interested in my targets :) Not many sold in 2013 near $4.18. Most were happy to sell out in 2014 for far less. (and still more are "just waiting for it to hit $3.60 again so I can sell out...") Next time it gets to where I would consider selling I would expect the same :)
    Dec 25, 2014. 12:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment