Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Apple? Google? What? [View article]
    Thanks thirtyfour. I see no problem with speculating and whatnot... I just think readers need to be very careful and understand when what they are reading is a writer's thoughts of what might be good, and what a writer is reporting or analyzing that has or certainly will happen.
    May 17 01:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Apple? Google? What? [View article]
    They have not indicated in any way that they are, to my knowledge.
    May 17 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Apple? Google? What? [View article]
    I am 100% against SIRI going global. I would sell out completely if they made a commitment to this right now. I think it would be a very very poor idea.
    May 17 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Apple? Google? What? [View article]
    I think you have the right perspective. Partnership, not so much a merger. We'll see how it plays out. Content and delivery medium(s) is key here.
    May 17 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Apple? Google? What? [View article]
    Ok well those were different times. 1996? compared to now? Come on... was SIRI even in cars back then? Did it have as many shares outstanding? Totally different perspectives, plays, markets, etc. SIRI is not going to $60 anytime soon or even going up by 15X like that. I would bet 100% of everything I own that SIRI will not run to such heights in 4 years. not even 10 x.
    May 17 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Apple? Google? What? [View article]
    Well it has two possibilities with P... demise or buy out. I mean, the user base is large. If P can position itself with enough paying subs they become a target for acquisition. I think they are trying to do that now... advertising model is terrible.

Though I still think SIRI is positioned better with full coverage. I am driving through Maine today, and trust me... data connection is absolutely terrible, and there are plenty of people on the roads here. SIRI sats are a "big deal" for now.
    May 17 01:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Apple? Google? What? [View article]
    Eh.... maybe 2016? It's hard for me to project when / if an essential double may happen here. More comfortable with 1 year out projections.
    May 17 10:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Apple? Google? What? [View article]
    Well... $10 a share would give SIRI roughly a $60 billion market cap or something like that. Way too high. Could it get there over the years with buybacks and increased performance and such? Sure.... but not *soon.*
    May 17 06:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.59 And Rocking - Time To Run? [View article]
    Of course I do... I know the author and while I like the guy and think he has some good ideas I find those articles very frustrating. It's an idea in the author's head, nothing more, and I think such things (while some find them fun to talk about) do a huge disservice to investors unless clearly presented that they are just ideas in the author's head.

For some reason people are either not comprehending that the article is wild speculation, or people are hearing whispers through the grapevine second, third, fourth, 100th hand and by then it becomes AAPL / GOOG *ARE* in a bidding war for SIRI and will take it to $100.

Zero. Nobody is buying SIRI. Partnership? Sure. BUYING the company or entering into a bidding war for it? HIGHLY UNLIKELY and something for the WILD SPECULATION pile :P
    May 16 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Testing New Highs On Volume [View article]
    And you figured that out? Just like you figured out all that nonsense from your comment history? ;) Your calls have been absolutely pathetic and wrong over and over and over and over....

...and over again.

Still short from $1.87?

How's your computer model working?

For those wondering who 'dukeufinstu' is :

" We are a group of students engaged in a multi year project that monitors the XM and SIRI boards. The students come from backgrounds in finance, economics, computer sciences and mathematics.

There are a number of people that post under our user name.
    The group does not have its own email address nor are we permitted to interact with any poster except through the board.

We do post on both boards. We do not take sides on any issue. Our goal is to stimulate debate or ask questions that will enhance the debate. We do not want to become part of the debate.

As part of the project, we have developed a computer model that we hope will become the gold standard for predicting price movements in both stocks. We have a long way to go before we achieve that status but we hope our predictions will prove helpful to those who read this board.

You should also know that we rate the top ten posters on both boards for knowledge on sat radio, accounting and financial matters and overall credibility.
    "

The kids need to go back to school. Their project is "broken" and the mad scientist has escaped its confines.
    May 16 09:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.59 And Rocking - Time To Run? [View article]
    Stern is years away from retirement, if he does. And he's talked about retiring since before he joined SIRI.

Not concerned about it in the least, as it has no effect on SIRI now. I know you said it's not relevant for short term... well, in three years or whatever it can be discussed. Why bother throwing it out there now? Just gets people worked up.
    May 16 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.59 And Rocking - Time To Run? [View article]
    SIRI doesn't need announcements to justify runs. It should see fairly steady appreciation. I should have exited my options as planned " a penny or two" before 3.60 yesterday. I did sell my margin shares and rebought at 3.50. Coulda gotten better prices today but I'm happy with 10 cents. The options are my core / longer term though and I really don't want to "trade" them. Rather just hold 'em here unless the market turns sour.
    May 16 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.59 And Rocking - Time To Run? [View article]
    Lot of things fell today that recently blew up. Market could retrace to 160 SPY here and be completely fine. Would actually be very healthy for it to do so... although it's fine if it zips sideways as well.

People are crazy / reactionary to this kind of stuff. I should say the guy trades on direction very short term so he's not saying it's a bear market, was just looking for a correction of a few points. That was at 162 SPY though.
    May 16 08:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Testing New Highs On Volume [View article]
    Answered ya on mine but just in case you don't check there first. Someone just decided Apple should buy SIRI and wrote about it. I say 99.999999999999% chance it never happens. Some may find it fun to talk about though.
    May 16 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.50 Fireworks In May? [View article]
    Yes I do.

Someone started a rumor. :) lol.... nothing more than that. Just an idea in someone's head.
    May 16 12:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment