Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM Looks Like A Classic Value Play [View article]
    "Doesn't a PE ratio matter anymore?"

Did it ever? Not trying to be rude but P/E is used almost exclusively by those new to the market who don't know any better... or don't want to dig any deeper than the most superficial ratio available.

In SIRI's case I explained some things here :

Sep 1 01:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release [View article]
    Plenty to work through between $3.63 to $3.80 or so. Continued slow grind towards $4 *area* leading into Q3 call.

Just watch the 50 day for support as a general rule. Might not hit it, though between now and Q3. Time to buy was at / under it right after the Q2 call when people were listening to the calls of "sell sell sell!" No meaningful pullback since.
    Aug 31 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thx Bald guy!
    Aug 30 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release [View article]
    I actually just checked and unfortunately NANA is not a stock =/ Though I would argue that everyone should bet the farm on NANA :)
    Aug 29 08:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release [View article]
    Remainder of the ASR was to be paid at small premium to a grid (at least to my understanding) so there may have been some incentive to purchase vs. the short and then re-short under the ASR to SIRI and pull a few percent.

I'd assume with a few months left the bond holders may wish to lock the position and remove uncertainty at or near expiration.

The one thing I am 100% certain about? Be nice for these things to be gone in December.
    Aug 29 05:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release [View article]
    "With Sirius stock trading at around $3.44 and a P/E of 61, I don't believe any sane person can say with a straight face that this stock presents any value."

This is the better question :) What went wrong with this? There must be a lot of insane people from $3.44 to $3.64 here since the call.

And I agree with Austin. Impish. For Christmas you are getting the bundle of sticks.

Aug 29 04:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "does he need to?"

I don't need to do anything :) I am Stephen Faulkner. :D
    Aug 29 03:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release [View article]
    I believe what you are looking for was exchanged above with JRF77.
    Aug 29 03:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I can't just respond with "LOL" :P
    Aug 28 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release [View article]
    "Why people belive this who pomp hot air in this ghosts?"

You made this comment a little bit ago. Still curious what it means.
    Aug 27 09:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release [View article]
    Generally but you can't take open SI in a vacuum. If it's all hedged it really doesn't mean anything as far as they "have to cover." Then again in the case of something like hedged vs. converts that will turn into shares, if the converts are shorted against then it could negate future sale impact after conversion.

I figured SIRI (well, LMCA / Malone) would take this out in advance, especially given current objectives, or my perceptions of current objectives.
    Aug 27 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release [View article]
    The thought did cross my mind. Obviously the remainder of the ASR is only a small portion of trading volume.

In all honesty the ASR could have been split up because the holder was ALREADY short a portion of the stock / shares promised under the bonds and needed time to cover that position in the market before delivering.

Covering a pre-existing short and then re-shorting back to SIRI under the ASR would have resulted in a wash as far as outstanding interest is concerned.

These shares did not all have to be provided in one lump, as far as I am aware. So this could have been done in trickle fashion since the last report.

Dinner was nice :) Dinner is ALWAYS nice with Nana :)
    Aug 27 12:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    "Brilliant analysis"

Thank you! :)

"Can we look forward to another article tomorrow explaining what happened."

Unfortunately no. Taking my Nana out to dinner tonight :)
    Aug 26 04:57 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Expect Significant Short Increase At Next Release [View article]
    Interesting. No increase in short interest. Unexpected... hmm...
    Aug 26 04:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment