Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Fair enough! :)
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Apple, if anything, would have concerns with other dash-stack providers, not with the radio options available.

Apple should be more concerned with Google / Android which is open / works with nearly everything than with spending money to keep SIRI out of the dash.

You're thinking the money is in the little radio. It's money. It's not *the* money. Apple isn't going to force an auto maker to make concessions, and no auto maker is going to go with "only Apple."

Again if you think I am wrong here, sell. Sell that stock.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Stressful, yes, but she has you and you have her. End of day, that's a blessing.
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Nice to see intelligent comments and less Apple talk :P thanks! :)
    Mar 3, 2015. 07:43 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Also I apologize in advance to CN if you do decide to do that...
    Mar 1, 2015. 04:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    There is no reason for an auto maker to take SIRI from standard and move it to option. The auto maker does not go out of pocket to put SIRI in so it would be what.. a "free" "option"? Makes no sense.

150 Billion? Apple is going to pay $150 billion to force auto makers to push SIRI to option status? Why don't they just pay $40 billion and buy SIRI? (THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO THAT lol... this is not meant to generate discussion ... God help us...)

Might be optional to have Android OR Apple but I don't even think that is going to happen. Why would anyone buy a car and put in a system that can only be sold used to part of the population?

There's way too much talk about this out there, and finding intelligent talk about it from people who understand the industry is like finding a needle in a hay stack. It's all blah blah blah blah here's MY opinion because I think Apple / Google is amazing and they are going to take over the world and in a few years everyone will have smart cars driving themselves and data will be unlimited and free and there will be a big huge war in the dashboard like all those articles and the guys on CNBC say and ummm.. no SIRI because 8 tracks remember? and clunky satellites and ...

I know I know I'm a pain in the behind. Just not concerned with all this. Takes 12 to 14 years to penetrate the dashboard. It will be a SLOW CRAWL and can be taken as it comes from the investment side of things.
    Feb 28, 2015. 05:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $4 Per Share Will Depend On Q2 Report [View article]
    I "disappeared" before 4.18. Several weeks. Last article before it 9/11/2013. Though the frequency of what I wrote declined in August. I get busy with work at that time of year and there wasn't much to write about other than the stock was going up... gets old :) Never really disappeared as in stopped commenting, though. Been around.

Nobody needs my articles :) lol. If I say my sell target is 4.25 area and it hits 4.18 people get mad, it never hit 4.25, the other guy was right, need to stop listening to Faulkner, he doesn't know... he made a mistake... he messed up... etc etc. If I say subsequent repurchase area is 3 and it goes to 2.98 people get mad... coulda bought for less, the other guy was right, need to stop listening to Faulkner, he doesn't know... he made a mistake... he messed up... etc etc. Tie that in with the perma-bear and perma-bull (the overzealous ones) comments and it's a big ball of frustration for very little pay (last article was about $135, only worth it if I didn't comment or I did an article a night in 30 minutes and kept the running conversation jumping articles to maximize income). Too many comments, too much speculation, I get frustrated and come across as "mean"... get nasty messages from people because they think Apple is going to buy SIRI and I said it's a waste of time to think about...

Oy... too much :) The back and forth was enjoyable for awhile but I don't get anything out of it and I doubt many others get anything out of it either. Will share thoughts here and there... but 9 times out of 10 I have something I could write about I don't bother anymore. I start writing and then I think eh... someone will argue about this or that or someone will come back in 6 months and say I was wrong because it hit 4.24 and not 4.28 or something.

SA does have a pilot program to put articles behind a pay wall. That I may do and offer opinions on short, mid and long term price objectives / trades. I actually do very very well with trading and have started trading SIRI this year (4 trades so far with a pilot on a $250K margin account up $87,328 as of Friday's close, all trade entry and exit points, stops, etc. disclosed days before they are done so it's not like it is a "I bought here and sold here a few days ago and made a killing" type thing. 2 months... I think that's pretty darn good.). It's too difficult to put all possibilities and expectations into an article like this but stuff behind a pay wall would be quite easy where I don't have to inject filler material to make it flow / follow a template.

Anyways I'm all over the place here. Never really disappeared. When I mention "disappear" I mean those who vanish... who knows if they got tired of the site, died, lost all their money, or heck maybe they made it big and are off enjoying life. Can only judge performance by what they last mentioned, though, and everything this TBrasc guy was pushing tanked out hard in the following months while the market took off... complete opposite of his bearish position... so my assumptions need to be based on that.
    Feb 28, 2015. 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $4 Per Share Will Depend On Q2 Report [View article]
    Case in point is TBrasc's comments in this article and around the time of this article. Long time SIRI holder who sold his shares at 3.36 to play around with metals, miners, commodities... all of those things have been absolutely destroyed by the stronger dollar yet he would be up 15% from that point with SIRI in 6 months. The poor guy even went into Oil...

I have watched such commenters come... and go... over the years. They're in, they're out, they're flipping this and that and making a killing and haha you dummies holding SIRI everyone should do what I am doing and I bought this and this and this and everything is up over the past 3 days and ....

Then one day they just vanish. And when do they vanish? When all this stuff they said they are buying starts to roll over or crash out. Do they hold those things on the way down like they held SIRI from $4.18 to $3.36 before they cut out of their quick flip on a loss, or significant loss?

Remember you mentioned GPRO awhile back... people could have bought that and ridden it up... but now it's under the price it was just after it was opened for trading. Would people have known how to exit that? Would a long time SIRI holder have known to get into GPRO at $45 and exit at $90 or would they have looked for $135, and why? Technical? Fundamental? Future prospects? Current sales? Christmas season? Cool Youtube videos of people who make a living riding bikes down mountains?

I honestly hope everyone makes a good deal of money in the market and that that provides a nice life for them and their families, but as far as my writing and ... um... advice, if you could call it that, I just focus on SIRI and long term view with short term estimations to assist in adding to shares. I've started trading shares / options as of this year on mid term month to month swings... we'll see how that goes... but my IRA stuff is still all as it was... 100% longer term. (If anyone wishes to see what I am doing I've been communicating intentions in advance on siriusbuzz forums... will mention my buy at least 1 day before and my sell target, and a stop if I enter it, so it's impossible for me to just come in days later and go "I bought here and sold here and made a killing..." )
    Feb 27, 2015. 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $4 Per Share Will Depend On Q2 Report [View article]
    Price didn't agree with me. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. But I don't let short term price dictate my long term sentiment... if there's a disconnect it's a reason to buy / sell. SIRI provided a great point to add in October.

If SIRI is $6 at some point next year or something(2016)... I'll be less concerned with "darn I shouldn't have held from June 2014 to Jan 2015, I could have flipped out and then back in later and made a killing on other quick trades in the meantime!" and more concerned with "darn, I didn't really add as much as I should have on that pullback in October 2014 when SIRI provided a great entry point way below my opinion of value."
    Feb 27, 2015. 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Apple is not going to be able to get car makers to go exclusively with Apple in dash. Car makers are not going to cut out non-apple users from their customer base. Apple is not going to pay money to get exclusivity and force the auto maker not to install Sirius and not to install their own system and not to install Android capability. It's not going to happen.

It's not.

I can understand how one would THINK this MIGHT happen and be concerned about it but the reality here is that it won't happen and it's really not a concern at all.

Again, Apple is not going to pay auto makers so that they stop installing SIRI.
    Feb 26, 2015. 10:57 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Yes but he says cash will always go to the executives. If you believe this why would you buy the stock? Buy another stock where you believe the cash will not go to the executives? I don't know how much 250k is to this individual but I would consider that to be a large amount to put into a company you believe will just pump cash to executives?

I bought first right around the current price before 2009, but a relatively small amount. My honest answer is I bought initially because I had Satellite Radio and enjoyed it and decided to start investing by investing in what I knew and liked.

The drop forced me to do research and I am happy it happened earlier in my investing career.
    Feb 26, 2015. 01:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $4 Per Share Will Depend On Q2 Report [View article]
    Oh jeez I don't want it buried / forgotten :) You can link it on my most recent article if you like!
    Feb 26, 2015. 12:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    If you believe that then why did you buy the stock in the first place? Why did you feel the stock was worth $6.65 per share in 2006? What did you expect it to be worth today?
    Feb 25, 2015. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $4 Per Share Will Depend On Q2 Report [View article]
    They are. Imagine someone followed TBrasc out of SIRI and into Gold, Silver, ... OIL... my God.. =/ Haven't heard from him. Hope he is ok.
    Feb 24, 2015. 07:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $4 Per Share Will Depend On Q2 Report [View article]
    It's good for the buyback!! ;) ( just what u wanted to hear!)
    Feb 23, 2015. 11:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Totally without, eh? Well, we all have our opinions :)
    Feb 23, 2015. 02:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment