Stephen Faulkner

• Sirius XM's $1.325 Billion Short Position Must Be Repaid [View article]
    lol thanks redcloud ;)
    Mar 21, 2013. 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks RC ;)
    Mar 21, 2013. 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    Interesting you mention NOK. There's a chat room I have been frequenting lately and the guys in there trade NOK but I am not so sure any of them are "investors" per se. I don't really follow the company, though. I do remember reading this, which sounded interesting :

There's more info on it around the web.
    Mar 21, 2013. 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    There is no reason for Sirius to break any news that could be favorable to the stock price until they are required to do so. This is assuming news is *obviously* material... upping of sub guidance and reporting of interim company progress between quarters is unlikely.

I expect things to be quiet.
    Mar 20, 2013. 07:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    Eh.. no. Last year it took until May to drop it under $2. Decline started after the blowoff top on April 1st.

Don't get hung up on what SIRI did last year in X timeframe and assume it will do the same this year.
    Mar 20, 2013. 07:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I do not, no.

Trajectory of support line gives roughly 34 trading days until support reaches $3.25. Will be interesting to see if the price bounces around in that range for most of it.

SIRI always has a bunch of options that expire worthless. Don't focus too much on out of the money calls :)
    Mar 20, 2013. 07:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    Good question...! I suspect that what's good for LMCA is good for us at the moment.
    Mar 20, 2013. 07:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    Nino I love how you start with "great points Stephen" and then ramble on about the usual mess of stuff :P lol

Your choice of avatar suits you.
    Mar 20, 2013. 05:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    Thanks for the nice comment Vermin :) I know a few guys who are just in it for Howard too. Heck my first shares were bought as I believed in what Howard could bring to the company (back around high $3's or $4). Small position then, but I averaged down and just kept buying down to 5 cents, then kept buying on the way up. $2,000 at just 10 cents is worth $62,000 now. SIRI has changed my life but boy is it easy to look back and regret not pulling $20k out of equity and buying around that 10 cent mark ... hindsight is so 20 20 :)

$5 will please me beyond imagine when we hit it, and I figure that is roughly where the price will be end of 2014 if things continue on track. I can wait. :)

Funny how you mentioned you have been investing. That has worked for me in the past. Paypal, Ebay, Nvidia, 3dFX... granted I didn't invest a ton of money in those as I didn't have much cash back then but they did well when I did, and it was just investing in stuff I used or enjoyed. Didn't even know how to analyze a company back then.

So you say Pier 1 has good pillows?... I'll need to check that one out ;)
    Mar 20, 2013. 05:32 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    Eh... I think they shifted some seats off the board. Don't know the details though or why it would cause any inaction here?
    Mar 20, 2013. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    I don't really see much of a conncetion there to dig into other than what I would consider "wild speculation." I don't tend to go into wild speculation... the Joe Kennedy thing was even beyond what I was comfortable with but was a request from someone that I write about it.

My basic stance is I could "guess" but I can't invest on such guesses. Too much risk for me so I kinda stay out of thinking about all this expansion and global talk and whatnot.
    Mar 20, 2013. 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    "Siri will make you money if you are
    patient and buy on this occasional dips."

This and writing short term covered calls after the stock has run and appears to be slowing ascent one strike out of the money written against one's position has been a winning strategy in all but a very few months since 2009. Return has been phenomenal.
    Mar 20, 2013. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    SIRI is 100% of my holdings currently :) Is that too many shares as a percentage? ;)

Got more Jan 2014 $2's today. Seems others are having similar ideas... 2957 calls bought today for that expiration / strike. Avg price of $115 per contract, that's about $340,000 (not all mine :P).
    Mar 20, 2013. 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    Nino SA is not "making it harder" for the public to read my articles. They do not require logging in. The main SA page requires a log in now, that's all.

If SA is doing something to "make it harder" to read my articles, they are not having the intended effect, as my average for SIRI articles this year is roughly triple viewership vs. this time last year.

Plenty of capital inflow :)

Mar 20, 2013. 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Am Not Concerned About $3.06 [View article]
    I am always long the stock (well, 99% of the time, I did sell for a short time last year around $2 and bought it back again around $2 on the way up). I've been scaling out of stock and using those sales to fun purchases of $2 Jan 2014 options in order to increase my exposure. With the low premium on these options they are a low cost way to scale into roughly 3x position for what amounts to about 1% cost.
    Mar 20, 2013. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment