Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Hmm... no I think you have me confused with someone else. If you can find anywhere where I have mentioned sell and buy points or whatnot and indicated I was using them or had just used them I would be very surprised (absent the bleed out from shares to calls recently).

I'd sell if the stock rips ahead of where I would feel comfortable, yes. For instance if the stock went on a tear to $3.40 / 50 from here with no news over 3 days? I'd probably sell the calls. I'd hold the shares, though 3.50 might tempt me from my shares short term. Everyone has their breaking point. You will not catch me selling down here, though... not a chance.

I did make myself a promise to be a bit more active rather than passive this year, but it hasn't really panned out as I had intended. The best I have done is selling some shares and buying calls with the proceeds.

The shares sold to fund the call purchases were long held, and it really wasn't a matter of taking profits... I sold the shares where I considered the price to be "low" and a "buy" in order to fund call purchases instead of selling near $3.25 and waiting to buy the calls.

I do have contact with quite a few who day trade, and quite a few who day trade SIRI, and I'll offer my opinion at times on high and low points (such as I did with the $3.25 struggle article), offering my opinion on resistance, how far it may go beyond at that point if it passes, etc. Been pretty good on it, though I tend to estimate a percent too high (which is one of the reasons I don't trade ;) lol) and also why I always suggest leaving a few pennies for the other guy. Reasonably good on the buying... you'll sometimes see comments saying it's time for me to write again when I've been quiet, cuz it's a running joke that when I write the stock has gone up (as I usually get quiet as the stock goes down / consolidates... just trying to be more helpful in the meantime this time).

Like in Goonies, when and if you start trading, leave some for Willy... bad things happen when you steal ALL his gold ;) ....

"While others begin to fill their pockets with the riches on the ship, Mikey finds Willie's skeleton, and reverently acknowledges him as the "first Goonie", leaving part of the treasure with him as tribute. However, as the Goonies exit the hold, they are caught by the Fratellis, who take their treasure and force the kids to walk the plank. The Goonies are saved by the timely arrival of Chunk and Sloth, now close friends, who help the rest of the group to shore. With the children no longer a threat, the Fratellis ransack the rest of the ship, including the share of the treasure Mikey left for Willie. This sets off a final booby trap, causing the cave to begin collapsing."

Funny how movies I watched as a kid can stick in my mind with little messages to this day (even if unintended). I'd argue Back To The Future kept me away from drugs and alcohol growing up, moreso than any other influence. Seeing the loser family as picture perfect on Marty's return after he goes back and gets his dad to believe in himself and his mom to stop smoking and drinking had a lasting impact on me. That movie was an essential watch during all the babysitting I did in my teenage years...

""Doctor Brown? "Jennifer takes out the erased fax from her pocket and gives it to Doc" I brought this note back from the future and...now it's erased!"

"Of course it's erased!" - Doc said in a "of course" way

Jennifer replied confusedly "But what does that mean?"

Doc replies "It means that your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one. Both of ya!"
    "

Anyways... I'm rambling again ;)
    Mar 28, 2013. 07:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Could Have A Big Quarter As Auto Sales Climb [View article]
    I'm laughing at everything tonight (not your comment)... I'm too immature at the moment to further comment on stocks so I shall be taking a break post haste.... :P
    Mar 28, 2013. 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    they are all good :) It's a shame my brain never picked up that it was AT+T.... I swear advertising is lost on me... no matter how much attention they catch of mine I almost always miss who the company is or what their message is =/
    Mar 28, 2013. 06:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Heh, I just read your comment history out of curiosity. Kudos to you for calling out that circus sideshow a year ago.

Stop by more, friend ;)
    Mar 28, 2013. 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Good to see you stopping by then :) (nice read on your bio)

"Tech changes is something to be considerate of. The boomers are increasingly capable of utilizing technology... just be prepared for a shift. "

I agree... don't underestimate tech changes. Just take care not to overestimate them too. Lot of money is lost throwing it at things too early, or grabbing the wrong player in a budding market that may not actually run to full bloom.

Likewise a lot of money is lost or missed out on selling the established businesses and technologies too soon as well.

Deadly combo selling out of a winner and buying into a loser. (not saying you did this, just expanding on your point! :)

Interesting times for SIRI depending on your perspective, and good to see you still follow it after having sold out :) Stop by anytime!
    Mar 28, 2013. 06:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    Still my favorite :P

http://bit.ly/WZHs2a (ok that's enough from me...!)
    Mar 28, 2013. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    Oh my God never saw this one lol ...

You're the best thanks for pushing me in the right direction! Laughter is awesome :)
    Mar 28, 2013. 06:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    haha I love those commercials!

Thanks for bringing them up! Good dinner time watching lol
    Mar 28, 2013. 06:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    If this all blows up in my face just remember ... when the $2 call crowd comes to burn down my house that it's probably bank owned at that point! ;) lol

But my money's with you all :)
    Mar 28, 2013. 05:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    You're not confused. Don't even get sucked into that vortex :P lol
    Mar 28, 2013. 04:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    That makes a huge difference... good lord you're talking about a cost difference of $120 million....

What kind of investor would want Sirius XM to haphazardly overspend by $120 million on a stock repurchase? A trader... maybe. An investor that wants to cash out and doesn't care about the longer term, maybe....

I feel like some of you guys just want SIRI to throw a ton of money up in the air so you can grab and run, and really aren't thinking about the long term effects because they won't matter to you as you'll be "out."

I hope that's not the case but it's what's coming across here.... especially when you make comments like above.
    Mar 28, 2013. 04:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    I joke around alot amp, and poke people a bit here and there. Don't mean any harm :) If it's not cool lemme know and I'll chill with you :)

I agree there were articles months back saying those levels.... by the buyback conclusion for the first round I would expect those levels are hit. Not yet, though. The longer this can be dragged the better, in my opinon.

I have an article in queue encouraging investors to sell. It's tongue in cheek but hopefully my point comes across.

I also have something else I will be writing you may be interested in.

I try to be realistic with my expectations and honestly I feel levels have been hit or respectably close. $3.25 is "close enough" to $3.30. $2.97 was "close enough" to $.3, etc. We didn't hit 3.40 but that was just a maybe. The longer we run here the higher I expect the next pop to move, but it may take some time. If you are looking to sell I think you'll do fine to wait for the next pop.

I'm trying to be helpful. I get it, it's frustrating, and usually in the past I have lightened up or stopped writing all together when I feel the stock is correcting or consolidating, because I know tensions are high and I know it will be a struggle encouraging investors to hold out. People come at you on here when you're going against the grain, they call you all sorts of stuff on various messageboards, then you get the guys making anon accounts sending you direct messages of various shapes and sizes. It's not fun :) And it's not fun watching the old account drag along as the market goes up, I agree. So, please accept my apology if I am on edge a bit and if my responses seem a bit short or have a bit of "zing" to them. The fact of the matter is that I'd hate to see you sell and lose out... and I feel you are being pushed to that breaking point. But I do think you should sell on the next pop because that one too will be followed by volatility and then consolidation. It's just how things go... and in the meantime you can make money elsewhere. Just make sure you time it right (and for that, I really can't help you as I'm not much of a trader).

There's a chat room I join and I'll see if it's open to new people. They trade SIRI in there and some make good money and I try to be helpful. Today I suggested a sell at 3.08... the orders didn't get filled until the end of the day, but the guys made a couple hundred bucks on 10k blocks. I'm not always right, but I seem to be pretty good at the whole "guess the close" game even if I don't take my own advice lol. I'm too distracted during the day to watch the markets and make a living off trading anyways... and I am too "into" SIRI to be an emotionless day trader with it.

More of a response than you were expecting probably, just don't want you to have hard feelings or feel I'm picking on you. I'd just hate to see you get lulled out of your shares, because that is what I feel is happening.
    Mar 28, 2013. 04:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    Shoulda sold $3.24 then! I said that was gonna be a struggle! ;) You may have to wait a bit for the next one... few weeks or so, 6 weeks maybe? Monday? ;) Hard to say exactly.
    Mar 28, 2013. 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    Malone will do what is best for SIRI at the moment. What is best for SIRI at the moment is what is best for Malone. Interests are alinged between LMCA and common shareholders of SIRI.

I do not think they need 80%.... Just control.

SIRI will reward the patient. For now, the impatient can sell, to SIRI's benefit later.
    Mar 28, 2013. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    3.50's and 3.60's? I hope we don't move to that yet... if we popped up that far and fast I'd probably sell, post haste. I don't trade often but that would scream "sell" to me right here, buy back or not. Unless it was due to some sort of fundamental news of some sort....
    Mar 28, 2013. 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment