Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: $2 Billion Buyback From The Float, Liberty Hands Off [View article]
    Yes but what you are talking about comes after an RMT... shares would have to be repurchased before the RMT no?

I'm not really talking about who makes out "better" but rather I don't see Malone being able to simply smash and grab for cash here, so to speak. Any way to pull cash out should benefit shareholders as well. Even in a scenario of buybacks... shareholders can sell into the buyback side by side with Malone. I understand there are tax implications but that's not really what I am concerned about and I am guessing that's not where the concern lies... whenever I see the concern that Malone may "move money upstream" I am assuming investors are concerned that Malone may have avenues where he could simply borrow with SIRI, give the cash to LMCA, and then spin SIRI with the debt, or something of the sort.
    Feb 14, 2013. 12:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I dunno... 18 mil volume by noon? Quite low.... just have to see how the rest of the day pans out :)
    Feb 13, 2013. 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How The GM Deal Will Impact Sirius XM [View article]
    Great article again Spencer :)
    Feb 12, 2013. 05:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Shorts Exceed 400 Million Bad Ideas [View article]
    16.8 and a 13.3 million block. Bunch of other large chunks too. Keep in mind pre / after market is not used in the money flow totals at the link I have been providing... so this data is lost in that total.

Both trades went for ask. Would add +$32.64 million to money flow total.
    Feb 12, 2013. 05:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Shorts Exceed 400 Million Bad Ideas [View article]
    I do love them.

Break and a run tomorrow would be nice.
    Feb 12, 2013. 05:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Will be interesting to see what Liberty does with them but I'd assume they will not be reissued. I don't see Liberty allowing issuance of any more stock for any reason... no need to dilute themselves in the process.
    Feb 12, 2013. 05:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    It was something to the effect that LMCA no longer indicates that it will participate in the buyback but may participate at any time. Just a change from the previous 1:1 participation they had pledged to do before they went to control.
    Feb 12, 2013. 04:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Correct. They agreed to participate and maintain percentage when they needed only a few shares as I think they would have preferred the buyback start as soon as possible. While I don't think Liberty wants to see the share price tank and SIRI buy back lower on volatility, I do think Liberty would prefer SIRI buy back "sooner rather than later" to take advantage of lower pricing now vs. expected future pricing.
    Feb 12, 2013. 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Shorts Exceed 400 Million Bad Ideas [View article]
    They aren't always in the green! Although historical data is lacking if you go back too far I assure you there are bad money flow days :)

Today near +$100 million in

Pay attention to the $3.20 buys after hours. Nearly 20 million shares worth (quick glance total).
    Feb 12, 2013. 04:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Shorts Exceed 400 Million Bad Ideas [View article]
    You'll be pleased with the money flow today Rich, near $100 million in again. Keep an eye on after hours. Nearly 20 million shares pushed through for $3.20 on the ask side, indicating a big buy.
    Feb 12, 2013. 04:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Shorts Exceed 400 Million Bad Ideas [View article]
    Those shares are banked and not counted in the totals.
    Feb 12, 2013. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    well, what upset says below I think is correct. I have not seen a statement which says they will probably not participate, just that they no longer are bound to sell back on a 1 to 1 basis...

making a "probably not" assumption would probably be a reasonable one, though. I don't see Liberty selling back at the start.
    Feb 12, 2013. 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    My understanding is that Liberty would be required to file a form 4 if selling back, so that may be one tip.

Though I am not sure if they could negotiate a forward contract for a sale as well, in which case a form 4 would not be needed (I don't know whether or not that would be legal, though).
    Feb 12, 2013. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Shorts Exceed 400 Million Bad Ideas [View article]
    All I've offered in that regard is $4.25 end of year or so.
    Feb 12, 2013. 01:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Shorts Exceed 400 Million Bad Ideas [View article]
    I'm aware of her. I didn't mind responding to this one because of how it was worded.
    Feb 12, 2013. 01:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment