Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM Customer Dis-Service [View article]
    Honey badger don't care!
    Jan 3 07:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Customer Dis-Service [View article]
    I may sell today and grab back somewhere within the huge gap that was just made. Not that I think the overall market is not due to run, just that yesterday's move was too big on not high enough volume with too big of a gap to take off from here with no short term (few days) retrace. Lots of sentiment from traders seems to suggest a very short term short and cover followed by a flip to a bull market. We'll see.

I'd expect to be out for hours or a day at most, and to do this I'd prefer to be able to watch the market all day which I may not be able to do.

Regarding the girlfriend... she adds color to certain comments :P
    Jan 3 07:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Customer Dis-Service [View article]
    Thanks Pete and I'm sure it has room to run (though I am actually looking at a short term trade here with this gap). Best of luck to you in your investments as well. Just remember to keep a level head on things :) SIRI long term has been fairly predictable if you throw in a %mod for the overall market.

Short term is anyone's guess :)
    Jan 2 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Customer Dis-Service [View article]
    "Stephen, you're probably calling the new subscriber line. In my experience, those calls are answered and serviced very fast. When changing subscription options however (downgrading or cancelling), it's hit and miss. And when it's a miss, it's a huge miss."

I'm just calling the number... I wasn't aware there was a seperate new subscriber line? It does ask me if I am calling from the number associated with my account. Like I said I called from several numbers including the one associated with my account. Tried last night around midnight (much to the displeasure of my girlfriend... lol) and got right through. Tried this morning, straight through to a person.

I'm not going to keep trying as I don't want to up SIRI's cost of customer service per subscriber!
    Jan 1 10:10 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 2013's Eye In The Sky [View article]
    Happy new year to you as well :)
    Jan 1 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 2013's Eye In The Sky [View article]
    They DID just give a dividend! ;) I believe an annual or quarterly dividend may be a little ways off.
    Jan 1 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 2013's Eye In The Sky [View article]
    I have no idea.
    Dec 31 06:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 2013's Eye In The Sky [View article]
    You can buy shares with the cash... it seems different people have different results here.
    Dec 31 05:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Customer Dis-Service [View article]
    It's just very strange. Have continued calling here. Each time, straight through to a human being. Sometimes it's someone sounding Indian, sometimes it's someone sounding American.

1 866 528 7474

Say "customer service" and boom... done. No hold, and this is exactly what I have experienced every single time I have called over the years I have been a subscriber.
    Dec 31 05:46 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Customer Dis-Service [View article]
    I always find the comments claiming poor customer service and long wait times to be interesting. I have had several calls to SIRI over the years (the most recent subscribing my girlfriend's car after the free trial period) and never had a wait time longer than a few seconds, and arguably those few seconds were simply to ring me out to an operator.

Now, I didn't want to go posting this so I just tried calling five different times from three different phones over the course of 30 minutes, two of these numbers are not tied to my own account (work phone, girlfriend's phone).

ALL times I was connected to a human being in customer care IMMEDIATELY.

I never understood the claims of 30 minute... 1 hour, 3 hour wait times, or whatever they are. I've never had a single issue.
    Dec 31 04:54 PM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 2013's Eye In The Sky [View article]
    It is unfortunate yes. I think they'll come to some sort of agreement of sorts before midnight. As far as I read, they are close.

Agreement.
    2012 sub total.
    2013 estimations.

I just don't see significant downside here. The only exception would be driving over the cliff.
    Dec 31 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 2013's Eye In The Sky [View article]
    " I listen to others. I won't do that again."

Listen, but listen to yourself the most :)

Happy new year to you as well :)
    Dec 31 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Radio: 370 Million Bad Ideas On The Short Side [View article]
    But they don't keep piling on. They have gone up an down. Only over the last month or so (after the election) have the positions gone up high again (and high is a relative term, I still see the short interest as quite low). I figure it's fiscal cliff driven.

As I've said I feel this is, for the most part, technical shorting expecting 50 day support to be broken with some sort of force. Unfortunately it's meeting with buyers each and every single time, either Liberty, institutional, individual investors, etc. I don't expect this to change once buybacks start either. I understand Liberty is not in control yet according to numbers but... they are in control here. I expect SIRI will buyback near the 50. If shorts wish to continue to pile on there, in my opinion they do so at their own peril. As of now the most recent data is short 370 mil around $2.75 or less, or if you consider the dividend $2.70 or less. Roughly 20 cents underwater. Not a good place to be, and the equity is close enough to $3 per share that any reasonable amount of good news I expect to be met with a break and a run. Cover again? Or increase shorts and pull the average up hoping for capitulation and retrace to $2.80? $2.90?

Short SIRI anything other than playing short term pops and dips is virtual suicide for now. In my opinion the best one who is currently short can hope for is for the overall market to roll over or plunge on fiscal cliff and debt ceiling nonsense. Then again, what a great thing that would be for SIRI investors long term as in the short term SIRI could buy back much cheaper....

Not my loss not listening to the antics of the duke financial students (or the teacher... whoever has that account). :P Trust me....

And I am not casting you off :) I just prefer discussion that trends towards answers, not more questions on top of questions that have no end. I understand that that is enjoyable for some, but I find it exhausting. Although SIRI probably has around 2000 articles this year or more, in all honesty it could all have been summed up at the beginning of the year in a very short little burst of "Buy : Price target $2.75 to $3 per share." One can say "well it's easy to say that now..." but it was said at the beginning of the year before it happened too. It simply has a very active community with a lot of people offering input and speculation this way and that. I do find speculation with definite opinions one way or the other enjoyable.

As I have said many times I am not a fan of teaching by asking questions. Doesn't mean there isn't value in it... just that I am not a fan of it as when both sides use that approach no reasonable conclusion is reached (generally).
    Dec 31 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 2013's Eye In The Sky [View article]
    Hmm... I wouldn't like that happening :P but if that's how it works then that's how it works I guess!
    Dec 31 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 2013's Eye In The Sky [View article]
    I think that many have to buy manually, and given the hands off situation in the markets (really, look at the volumes) some may simply be waiting in cash. Just have to pay attention to the macro situation. SIRI has held up quite well in the face of this uncertainty, whereas before it would have sold off considerably.

We'll see if the idiots in Washington can figure this thing out. I'm still of the mindset that the very best thing would be to go flying right off this cliff, lock the debt ceiling where it is, and suck up a recession. The only reason for that sentiment is that I am 35 and don't see enough time to kick it down the road so that it can be addressed after I am dead and gone :P may as well get it out of the way ASAP in that case.

I figure volume will pick up after the first, for better or for worse.
    Dec 31 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment