Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A CEO Swap For Sirius XM And Pandora? [View article]
    Oh I wouldn't see Kennedy as CEO either, but leading innovation on the IP side of things? Perhaps. Question is would he be comfortable in that position and is SIRI even looking for someone to take the helm on that "part" of Sirius XM.

Do you feel P could afford Mel?
    Mar 10, 2013. 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A CEO Swap For Sirius XM And Pandora? [View article]
    I don't see a merger in the cards. IP has no moat and can be developed in house at a fraction of the cost and I believe SIRI when they state there is nothing attractive out there to buy at the moment.
    Mar 10, 2013. 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A CEO Swap For Sirius XM And Pandora? [View article]
    P won't have 20M active accounts at $3 a month. There's a HUGE disconnect from "free" to "pay" even if paying is only $0.01 per month. It's another step, and one which people have to think about taking.

Also keep in mind that for P, they are only able to skirt around the loss / profit line in the sand because they have sweetheart royalty rates on IP delivery. Those rates should really be higher, and likely will become so in the future, pushing required sub costs up... it's unlikely $3 a month will cut it as time goes on.

If Kennedy is an innovator then he's probably just what SIRI needs on the IP side of things, especially with his proven track record at P in creating an easy to use and popular music application. I don't see Kennedy as CEO of SIRI as I said, but I could see him (pending his willingness to do so) being brought on to head up "part" of SIRI and their future expansion into IP.
    Mar 10, 2013. 11:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A CEO Swap For Sirius XM And Pandora? [View article]
    "Why would Malone want someone that left his company without completing his mission?"

You don't know if he was pulled away though. Kennedy may also realize P is on a mission of failure with no way of turning it around in the near term.

I find it interesting that Kennedy still has 100% his P options supposedly. Wonder what happens to those? He's pretty much the only insider at P who hasn't been bleeding out his shares since IPO. The current pop in price could present an attractive exit point for him.

Not sure how the auto sector would respond but I don't think it's a huge issue. P incorporation is app based, and thus doesn't require special hardware or whatever. I don't think the auto sector's opinion really matters in that it costs them little to nothing to add to an "app" enabled car dashboard, just like it costs Samsung nothing for P to be on your Galaxy S3.
    Mar 10, 2013. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A CEO Swap For Sirius XM And Pandora? [View article]
    Thanks ;)

I can take quite a few punches. It's all good lol
    Mar 10, 2013. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A CEO Swap For Sirius XM And Pandora? [View article]
    Thanks PG ;)

I just don't think P can afford Mel and I am not sure he could bring them enough value.
    Mar 10, 2013. 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A CEO Swap For Sirius XM And Pandora? [View article]
    You know Mick, the other day I thought about a song I hadn't heard in a long time from the U2 : War album called "Surrender."

Listened to it and was like damn... what happened to good music? Ended up listening to most of their older stuff that day. I miss them doing stuff like this :

But you have to evolve, I guess.

Is it a mark of getting old? =/ I remember hearing those same words uttered by my parents when I was a kid and thinking that they were just old and had no idea what good music was. After all... I didn't really like the stuff my mom and dad had on their piles of records from oh so long ago when they were my age.

Super popular stuff can often be junk. But I think it's just because we are inundated with so all of this commercial mass produced nonsense that we become bitter at having to weed out the good from the bad. As the years go by I add to my collection of what I like. Some from today, some from yesterday, and some from "new to me" stuff I am exposed to that was created long ago.
    Mar 10, 2013. 10:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.25 Is A Critical Level [View article]
    No, I don't think options come into play here. Low open positions really.

I wouldn't buy out of the money calls with SIRI. It's just not volatile enough. They will lose more often than win. Heck I lost a lot buying IN the money calls back in July 2011 :P
    Mar 8, 2013. 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Seeking CEO - Would Mel Karmazin Fit The Bill? [View article]
    Spencer... this is a really good article and topic. I have some different views on it in what I just wrote (if they accept it) but I linked to yours as well so hopefully between the two we can get some good discussion going!

I personally think Mel might cost a bit too much for P... and I actually see the opposite as more likely in that SIRI may pick up Joe to flesh out the IP side.

" My odds of him taking such a position are between 10% and 20% at the moment.
    "

I agree... those are fair odds for Mel joining P.
    Mar 8, 2013. 04:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.25 Is A Critical Level [View article]
    Hmm... I have no idea. It's all in my 401K so I haven't paid attention to tax issues on it yet to be honest with you. I'd give etrade a call! Every time I have callled them they have been quick and helpful :)
    Mar 8, 2013. 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.25 Is A Critical Level [View article]
    I am already fearful and thankful :P

I fear not being thankful :P
    Mar 8, 2013. 04:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.25 Is A Critical Level [View article]
    No guarantees but I think we need to hit and break off the 20 day SMA (no matter where it is at the time) to go up.

That means trace down to it now (say, 3.17 next week?) or go sideways until the 20 day comes up to $3.20.

Either way looking for it to bounce when price meets that line.

Overall market has to cooperate though.
    Mar 8, 2013. 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.25 Is A Critical Level [View article]
    Thanks Richard :)
    Mar 8, 2013. 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.25 Is A Critical Level [View article]
    They do not *have* to go through with it but I can't really think of a reason for them not to do so.
    Mar 8, 2013. 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.25 Is A Critical Level [View article]
    What the hell do you do all day while the rest of us are working? lol
    Mar 7, 2013. 06:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment