Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    I had never read that, but thank you for sharing and I see the connection.

To be clear SA does compensate me for my articles as well, but I have found more incentive in being honest and putting my money where my mouth is, vs. inciting the masses with rubbish. You get a lot more clicks for your time because enough people will see right through the nonsense if that's the path you choose to take.

I, too, feel like SIRI is way overanalyzed, and I think it's a pretty simple investment with reasonable above market returns for the next several years. It's why I steer clear of trying to figure out if the guy that bought the convertible bonds made a bunch of the complexity of his hedged position. Doesn't affect me... and it really doesn't help investors because it does not matter.

I do enjoy the day to day, though, for the most part and it seems many enjoy the chatter. At the moment, I'm just trying to get people to hold on... because I'd hate to see them sell out which is what people seem to do without the instant gratification of the never ending "next pop." And they always seem to do it at the worst times.... (generally)
    Mar 29, 2013. 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Could be... but not for some time. That's too far down the road to look at right now :)
    Mar 29, 2013. 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Just been energetic the last few days :P Trust me if I knew what it was I'd bottle it and sell it :P
    Mar 29, 2013. 09:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Pgourley has another letter elsewhere that I know him from
    Mar 29, 2013. 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Consider the unexpected CRB decision and the pop effect it had, yet it still came down to consolidate 2.90 (although first of the year "fiscal cliff" nonsense that never hit broke it out of that in short order).

Those 5 hour energy things are gross... I tried one. Ugh, awful.

Last thing I need anyways ... lol ;)
    Mar 29, 2013. 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Straight from the Dr.'s mouth... lol
    Mar 29, 2013. 09:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    I responded above to you other comment. Scroll up! :)
    Mar 29, 2013. 07:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Michaelcraig72 and Michaelcraig18? What is this grandfather and grandson? ;)
    Mar 29, 2013. 02:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Then go paint ;)
    Mar 29, 2013. 02:10 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    This was tongue in cheek to prove a point! I do not want you to sell your shares... I want you to do whatever you want with your shares, and I hope you make money doing so.

I am not selling my shares. If you're holding, then we're doing the same thing :)
    Mar 29, 2013. 02:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    That statement is if it runs to that area rapidly and soon on no fundamental news. (Remember the run to the $3.20's and snap back in December).

I do not trade SIRI, but if an opportunity stares me in the face I may take it, sell the calls, hold the shares.

I see that trend line maintaining roughly through 2013, hitting about 4.25 end of year for a multitude of reasons. But right now, a rapid ascent to 3.60? Too far, too fast, and I would expect it to pull back and consolidate again near trend support. Sustainable 3.60 is, in my opinion 90 trading days or so away.

It's very hard to say exactly on this kind of stuff... but that's the general idea in my head. For most longs I'd just recommend holding the pops and dips, unless you are comfortable taking a trade once in awhile.

I actually don't expect price to reach a point I'd expect to trade it to be honest with you, and the shares I own I have held since last July (other than the blocks I buy month to month).
    Mar 29, 2013. 02:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    I don't expect they will withhold anything at the CC. If the buyback is underway it will be evident. I still don't expect them to disclose strategy.

We'll get the numbers, guidance, etc. as appropriate.
    Mar 29, 2013. 02:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    I remember the $5 article I wrote :) I still believe it. I still feel Pandora has a lot to prove, though the massive short position in that company is a lot of future buying power if those guys are pushed to cover... I'd almost say P is a good play for a short squeeze candidate, regardless of the true future of the company. One "1 penny" quarter and the stock might beat the tar out of those shorts.

SIRI institutional ownership went down because LMCA converted 40% of SIRI locked in preferred, to common, as well as LMCA taking possession of UBS's shares purchased for the forward contract (which was roughly 5%). If you remove UBS from the mix institutional investors have had net buying, not net selling. Don't be fooled by 29%... the number is 29% plus LMCA's 51 or so %. Count LMCA as institutional (arguably they are stronger hands than institutional as I dont see LMCA selling to market) and you have an 80% institutional position.

Now you have a $2 B buyback which can soak 10% of the current shares (roughly) but where do they come from? In my opinion the first $2B buyback comes from the non institutional shares, which could effectively HALVE the non institutional float.

That would place the shorts at 400 million against what would then be a roughly 670 million float... and that might get troubling for them, especially if a second buyback is announced. While many of the 400 million are likely hedged, it's possible that may are not.

I'll have an article for next week that should cover my feelings in depth on Malone's recent moves and how they relate to SIRI. Be sure to look for it, as I think it could spark some interesting discussion and I'll look forward to reader comments on that one especially :)

You guys caught me on a very chatty day today :P who knows what tomorrow will bring ;) lol but thanks very much for the comment :)
    Mar 29, 2013. 01:59 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    Hmm... I have SIRI's full plan, and pay full price, and it does not cost me $225 per year.

I am also not aware that the price ever jumped from $125 to $225? They had a price increase in 2012, the only one in the company's history, but it was for less than $20 for the year... a far cry from your stated $100 increase.

Thanks for making an account to throw out your opinions but you're going to have to explain parts of it for it to make any sense. Your numbers do not match up.

Now usually when I ask commenters like this to elaborate the account remains with the original single comment and they never post again. I hope that's not the case here and we get some meaningful discussion back and forth. Ball is in your court now! :)

Oh and regarding buying a tomtom... why bother when GPS on your phone is free? =/ I guess I would assume someone who puts high value in free would just utilize what is available to them, especially when it is superior. I love google maps on my Galaxy S3. Double tap the button, tell it where you want to go, and boom! Can have it route you around traffic, avoid tolls, shortest time, shortest distance, everything you could possibly want. Tap the button and say "gas station" and you're on your way to the nearest one in about 10 seconds or less. All for free! :) hope this helps you... maybe you can return that tomtom!
    Mar 29, 2013. 01:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Sell Your Shares [View article]
    3.20 too close to 3.25 resistance, and too far from trend line support. This is, in my opinion, the best / smartest place for SIRI to buy at the moment.
    Mar 29, 2013. 01:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment