Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    Thanks jimjim and Jimmy 1! Sorry I missed you two earlier!
    Jan 17, 2013. 11:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    Check the article tomorrow though. Form 4 says 50 mil on 1/15 transaction date only. I figure it was a third party buy over many days. Also there was a big buyer today as well 1/17 despite low volume. $3.16 is technical resistance at the moment so they're using a buy at resistance strategy to gobble up trader's shares. Few traders will BUY at resistance and instead will wait for a break, so a patient buyer can buy there all day / for days until technicals catch up.

Watch for a shake out dip tomorrow to scare the options people and possibly a dip Monday. It only needs a few days for the 20 day moving average to catch the current share price (Friday next week). It also has until about the end of next week to retrace the gap left at $2.90 before the 50 day creeps past it. If it goes to $2.90 QUICKLY then it screams a huge buy, especially if the market isn't dropping in conjunction. I have my January cash waiting, and would be a purchaser of Feb $3 calls if the share price were to retrace that far.
    Jan 17, 2013. 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    If you retain 100,000 shares you will make $100,000 on a basis from here of $315,000 and appreciation of $1 per share.

This is expensive to retain, how? That is ~32% on the year. Where do you feel the $315,000 would be better placed that it will earn a greater return?

Serious question.
    Jan 17, 2013. 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    I'm confused. I do not see where LMCAD was ever $13.09 recently. Even STRZA was not $13.09? Regardless it seems your issue is isolated so I am not quite sure what to say here other than you should pursue this through your broker.

If you feel selling SIRI and closing out and being gone is the best choice of action then you should probably do so. This situation has the capability of making you a nervous wreck otherwise...
    Jan 17, 2013. 09:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    Waiiiit a minute now... 1/15/2013, I have volume at 39.51 million and *supposedly* Nasdaq double reports volume. My guess is this was done through a third party and not directly by Liberty, and the transfer was completed on 1/15 to LMCA.

Explains the high B/S ratio and big buyer the previous days. Also explains the buyer LEAVING on 1/16. Does not explain the buyer today, but then again if LMCA is in control SIRI could have been buying today under their direction. It is in their best interests to ensure the price allows technicals to catch up.

Also noticed James Mooney exercised and KEPT his options. Granted he may sell going forward but I see no sale tied with this.
    Jan 17, 2013. 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    I bet it's nice and warm in Panama...
    Jan 17, 2013. 08:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    I will be clear if and when I sell, but please for the love of God do not put the weight of your sell point on my shoulders :) If you need to sell or wish to sell in the future, do not wait for me. I may make the WRONG choice, either selling too late or selling too soon! :)
    Jan 17, 2013. 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    We know these things but others may not, yes.
    Jan 17, 2013. 06:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    Charging you to allow you to buy stock under a dollar sounds wrong to me.
    Jan 17, 2013. 06:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    But you are giving me dates which are outside of the current climate. I understand SIRI has had pullbacks. It even hit $1.27 briefly in 2011. If you are looking for a bear market to pull this below the 200 day MA as in those cases you are looking for sub $2.40 pricing or around that mark.

You're kinda asking me trading questions. I can't say lock in gains $3.30 to $3.50 because you're not providing a date for the price and I don't know what the general market sentiment is in that timeframe, as well as what actions will be going on with SIRI.

If I had to give a general sell and buy point? Sell 40 cents (or thereabouts) over the 50 day MA and buy at the 50 day MA. This would have given you two $0.30 mid term trades on the current run up and the possibility of a third here if you count pre market $3.23 the other day.

Then again I am not so sure I would attempt to trade this here.
    Jan 17, 2013. 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    We know this.
    Jan 17, 2013. 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    I see what you're saying but this may have been agreed upon earlier than the option award actually took place. I'm not sure who he is or why he gets the options but I don't see that info as particularly relevant to the share price so I'm not too interested in pursuing it :P
    Jan 17, 2013. 05:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    If any pullback I'd see it hitting the 20 or 50 day moving averages (it's on the 10 day right now) and I'd expect it before the end of next week.

I see the 20 day as more likely to be hit. If you're trying to time it, use that. Then again it's only about 10 cents south of the current price with, in my opinion, greater upside especially if the market continues to move bullish. May never get that 10 cents if you're looking for it.
    Jan 17, 2013. 04:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    CN I'd need to know how big AAPL's buyback is relative to market cap (% of cap ). My comment regarding AAPL was more to show that fundamentals often don't matter to the share price. Honestly, AAPL is undervalued here on a fundamental basis in my opinion.

I'd actually consider buying AAPL when it hits around $400, or investing in some OTM call options.
    Jan 17, 2013. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Letting You In On A Few 'Secrets' [View article]
    You are looking for a bear market then, and a drop under the 50 day MA with force (and maybe a drop under the 100 day by that point). That may be tough here.... Gap fill on the next bear market maybe... but after another 10 weeks of activity I think it'll take quite the hit to push this down what you are estimating as up to 80 cents.
    Jan 17, 2013. 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment