Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How Did The Sirius XM Investor Bump His Head? [View article]
    The satellites and spectrum are a very big deal, even if others may try to brush them off as "clunky." There's huge value there.
    Oct 23 11:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Did The Sirius XM Investor Bump His Head? [View article]
    Don't see VZ using sats to deliver data through sat chips and an antenna. In the car? I guess it's possible but still I don't see it.
    Oct 23 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Did The Sirius XM Investor Bump His Head? [View article]
    Market timing can be a valuable tool but it's difficult for the average investor. For instance I expected a gap fill this morning so set a sell at $2.89 and had a buy ready for $2.81 where I expected it to go (based on point and figure high / low support at $2.80... and FYI closing support is $2.74 matching up with the $2.75 20 day tomorrow... hence my thought it may touch there briefly as well) Didn't go that way, and I lost the sell point of the trade. Trick is not chasing it once it's gone. You CAN make serious money on the trade as well as the long hold.

For the VAST majority of people, though, buy and hold is probably the best idea. Especially in something like SIRI which has such excellent future prospects and appears to be undervalued (with respect to those prospects) even at present levels after the run.
    Oct 23 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Did The Sirius XM Investor Bump His Head? [View article]
    This is a better question for Spencer. I've heard whisperings but that's it and he tends to have a lead on this kind of stuff. I'll be incorporating it into my future dashboard articles soon (and expectations of the future of computing in general) but I really don't have anything other than what Spencer has posted regarding this as of yet.

I will say something like this is needed, and will help SIRI remain the dominant player in the vehicle. It's about seamless delivery... those betting on IP Only players may find themselves disappointed. SIRI sats are very very important in all this... especially as all that spectrum frees up when they eventually transition to one system.
    Oct 23 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Did The Sirius XM Investor Bump His Head? [View article]
    Another big shake today at open. $2.85 is right on the 10 day and looks to be a good candidate for a close before it moves up again, unless you feel the markets will remain bearish and a test of the 20 day is in order tomorrow near $2.75 It *looks* ugly out there but ask yourself, what does that have to do with how SIRI is doing? If you're buying on a monthly basis and have yet to buy, $2.85 looks good (or again if you're waiting for tomorrow *possibly* $2.75 / 6).

I still see a run into earnings happening very soon.
    Oct 23 10:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Play Has Additional Options [View article]
    Good lord, while I might be able to get out of this one as it's a vague comment as to the relation I'll just say I need to be careful posting stuff late at night ;) LMCA was DTV, not DISH. (DISH is doing well lately, though, regardless of my mix up :P)
    Oct 23 12:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Play Has Additional Options [View article]
    Just a FYI (follow him on here Jeff Pierce) listed SIRI in some of the few stocks looking good in the past couple days. Jeff's been on the ball with SIRI far more often than not... he's worth paying attention to from a technical standpoint.

Check out what else is on there? DISH... SIRI investors should be familiar with DISH / LMCA by now.

Oct 23 12:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Play Has Additional Options [View article]
    For anyone that DID get scared out, I'd expect another day or two of hits on that $2.85 price point for consolidation... maybe a hit of $2.84, but I don't see it dropping under the 10 day moving average to go to the 20 down in the $2.70's. Should be another entry opportunity (or two) in the next couple days. After that watch for another blip up... $3? Leading into the call it wouldn't surprise me to see $3 hit.
    Oct 23 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM's Q3 Is About Everything But Earnings [View article]
    Gabriel,

Spencer did not say anything re: "price pump". That was NINO.

And hey I wrote an article cuz of your comment! :P Is the long stock underlying the options play what you were talking about? I outlined two other possibilites and I like what you suggested.
    Oct 22 10:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM's Q3 Is About Everything But Earnings [View article]
    As opposed to your constant postings of "long and strong" and your desire to get $1 per share profit for so long NINO? Your constant postings of "chump" traders and "tight stop loss suckers" getting "blown out" over and over....

Now you post around random articles urging individuals to cut and run, trade the stock, and "tighten up" on supposed stop losses. You've even been suggesting people buy puts on this whole run up.

Free country, you can say what you want, but so can I :) I've no problem calling out authors and commenters alike who are attempting to drive people into the dirt with their drivel.

(Good article Spencer :P sorry for the distraction :P)
    Oct 22 09:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Play Has Additional Options [View article]
    Hope nobody got caught in that dump today. While it may have looked tempting to sell at $2.86 in a panic, it would have been the wrong choice. For the few who have started following me on twitter (I finally got an account) I did tweet out that the drop was a 10 day test and siri still looked good. I'm not always able to watch the market but will fire off something here and there (hopefully correct!). Money flow was STILL +$15 million today, despite spending most of the day south and closing down 2 cents. Don't be fooled by this bit of consolidating... and don't be scared outta your shares. I'd hold to the Q3 call at least.

Still closed over the 5 day MA... still very bullish.
    Oct 22 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Play Has Additional Options [View article]
    It's good to see SIRI stirring around these dealings and forming connections here. There's a definite future (in my opinion) for the car / dashboard that will take a few years to get here but is approaching.

It's not the "iCar" as some would lead you to believe, and it's not simply some sort of mobile wifi type thing we're used to now. It's a bunch of systems working together in the mobile environment to offer seamless delivery of content / services, and it's a very very big deal here.

There are specific players who are very well positioned for this and SIRI is one of them. While under the current business model of strictly satellite radio the thought of $10 per share in 2 years may seem a bit silly... there are things that could happen in the next 5 that could push it beyond that significantly. "Could" is the important word there. Investing in it now is a risk... but for one who does their research the level of risk may be acceptable for the potential gain down the road.

Think of investing in AAPL on the whisperings of the Iphone and Ipod. Or investing in MSFT when Windows was in dev... or investing in AOL at the beginnings of the mass adoption of the net... etc. etc. If you can look ahead years AND get it right the gains can be huge. God help you if you get it wrong, though... and God help you if you chase the tail end of something dying on the vine like RIMM.

If you want to invest in 10 years from now my piece on the future dashboard as well as the future of personal computing in general may offer some good suggestions if your sentiment matches up. I may have time this weekend to get started.
    Oct 22 04:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Play Has Additional Options [View article]
    I did. Big stuff could be happening. Maybe I should get on that investing in the dashboard article sooner rather than later ... it might make me look smart ;) (or stupid... as would be my luck lol)
    Oct 22 04:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Serious Sirius XM Options Play Has Been Made [View article]
    Possible, although I am not so sure about that. A very big play like this is often prearranged. Interestingly enough the sales went out at $2.92, not the later $2.89 / $2.90 spread at the time of the options process (but it's likely the options were agreed upon at $2.92).

There are so many possibilities with this play here that result in the returns and spreads being modified that it's hard to tell "exactly" what was done. All that is known is the sale price of the options and that likely the transaction was a sale on the party's end and that that results in the short straddle shown here.

I do have an article I am typing up now that will show how the graphs / gains / losses are modified if the player has an underlying short or long position.

By the way the 10 million shares moved at exactly 1 hour before the options, in the 11:16 / 11:17 spread.
    Oct 21 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Serious Sirius XM Options Play Has Been Made [View article]
    Has to settle. Won't be in open interest yet
    Oct 21 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment