Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: 400 Million Shorts Still Playing With Fire [View article]
    It's grasped. I've discussed it. You come in lately and say it has not been discussed. Lose *your* obsession :)

People seem to enjoy the short data articles, even if you do not. It's more reporting than anything... "here's the number." Read through my more detailed past articles for further opinion and deeper analysis of some of the hedged positions.

I am uninterested in including extensive analysis of those convertible bonds over and over and over again. I know you absolutely love talking about them... so perhaps you should submit an article on 'em and teach the masses :)
    Mar 26, 2013. 11:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 400 Million Shorts Still Playing With Fire [View article]
    haha! I hope it's not taken out of intended context :P
    Mar 26, 2013. 09:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 400 Million Shorts Still Playing With Fire [View article]
    At some point the volume would run out at current pricing. Can only drag it so long to diminishing volume. Can only bore so many people out of so many shares in a narrow price range.
    Mar 26, 2013. 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 400 Million Shorts Still Playing With Fire [View article]
    "The thing is, if you wrote an article about pure, or unhedged shorts being foolish I might agree with you."

Oh goody! Writing that one right now... lol ;)
    Mar 26, 2013. 09:08 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 400 Million Shorts Still Playing With Fire [View article]
    Wag the dog in full effect :)

I'll try to explain in a future article...
    Mar 26, 2013. 08:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 400 Million Shorts Still Playing With Fire [View article]
    "Just some more shorts that weren't smart, apparently, based your limited view of how to make money?"

Had they been "not short" / "not hedged" and simply taken possession of the shares and then sold them, would they have made more money?

Yup!

Greater risk, sure, but the reward is greater as they would not have lost profits on the underlying shares.

'What should I say to you? Should I not say
    'Hath a dog money? is it possible
    A cur can lend three thousand ducats?' Or
    Shall I bend low and in a bondman's key,
    With bated breath and whispering humbleness, Say this;
    'Fair sir, you spit on me on Wednesday last;
    You spurn'd me such a day; another time
    You call'd me dog; and for these courtesies
    I'll lend you thus much moneys'?'

You can bring it into modern language on your own time.

Anymore questions, Jack?
    Mar 26, 2013. 08:01 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 400 Million Shorts Still Playing With Fire [View article]
    Unless they were short term shorts they got burned... no entry prices in this range before the first of the year. They coulda covered as low as 2.97, though there was not enough volume between 3.03 and 2.97 to cover them all in that area.
    Mar 26, 2013. 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 400 Million Shorts Still Playing With Fire [View article]
    Tremendous value? No, probably not. But respectable returns for the next couple years? Certainly. You likely won't see 300% in a couple years but 33% per year isn't out of the question, with downside risk limited in my opinion.
    Mar 26, 2013. 06:11 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: 400 Million Shorts Still Playing With Fire [View article]
    There are those who consider the shorts smarter :)
    Mar 26, 2013. 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Holding The Line Says Everything's Fine [View article]
    2.085 holds the line, and expected 2.08 Tuesday or Wednesday close.

Can close 2.08 Wed and Thurs and still hold that line ;) though Thurs is close....
    Mar 26, 2013. 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Holding The Line Says Everything's Fine [View article]
    "Anyways I am quite concerned about the lack of news coming from SIRI"

They are in a buyback period. It would be in their best interests to not pump the stock. Better that investors get bored and sell out... :)
    Mar 26, 2013. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Holding The Line Says Everything's Fine [View article]
    lol.... too funny ;)
    Mar 26, 2013. 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Holding The Line Says Everything's Fine [View article]
    I said it "would" break through $3.25 by March 20th? :) Show me where I said it would break through $3.25 by March 20th, link it here, and provide me your name and address in PM and I'll send you a bank check for $100.
    Mar 26, 2013. 08:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Holding The Line Says Everything's Fine [View article]
    Did you buy out of the money calls? If they publish my article last night give it a look... I know out of the money calls offer greater reward potential but in my opinion there really isn't enough protection on them to make me feel comfortable. I wouldn't touch anything out of the money.

Sounds like you're in LEAPs which is a good start, but I'd stick to $2's or $2.50's for now...
    Mar 26, 2013. 06:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Holding The Line Says Everything's Fine [View article]
    Could be more are selling. Could be more are waiting for a 3.25 break to buy more or buy in at all or cover a short...

Obviously the stock has found a willing buyer or buyers at the support line, and it has halted the decline. This / these buyer/s may not be willing to purchase higher.

Just let it do its thing :) Look at it this way... you are holding those 100K shares but are you BUYING more right now? If not... then you're really not part of the price at the moment. Lot of people out there like that. Someone not actively participating the the trading has no positive or negative pressure on the stock... buyers need to come in to bring the stock up or sellers need to let off. One or the other. :)
    Mar 26, 2013. 06:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment