Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM Set To Resume Share Buybacks [View article]
    Why does it have to be in the next two years?
    Apr 19 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    Pshaw~
    Apr 19 10:43 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    I had forgotten about HIMX. Looks good here :)
    Apr 19 10:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Set To Resume Share Buybacks [View article]
    24 month window. Quite comfortable with it.
    Apr 19 01:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Set To Resume Share Buybacks [View article]
    LMCA isnt gonna sell them at a loss. What's their last purchase batch price? Right around here right? :)

Anyways. Effect of lower SIRI price and lower sell back to LMCA price is / can be mitigated through repurchases on the LMCA end, and benefit of repurchases on SIRI end buying back more shares.

Don't look at it as strictly a "price LMCA bought for, price they sell for" thing. Lot of moving parts, lot of math involved (which I can't dig into enough to explain with real numbers... and general explanations would probably only serve to confuse or pull a billion questions I don't want to answer from those seeking specifics on my train of thought).

Think of it where SIRI steers LMCA and LMCA can steer SIRI and thus steer LMCA through actions with SIRI, right? Long term there are significant benefits to that and there's little one could do to prove manipulation in that case as it'd would be a lot of assumption.

I'm fine with it (if 'it' is even going on) and have made some assumptions surrounding the assumption of 'it' and have set purchase prices accordingly. I'd try to trade my assumptions of 'it' but I would hate to be wrong as SIRI has treated me well in the past and should continue to do so if I just continue on as I have been (though I would have sold the run up to earnings, I admit...). There's all this stuff that goes into these silly little projections of mine. IMO the bottom isn't going to be found at that "gap" everyone talks about. The "gap" being there has gravity, and gravity is good during a buyback... but I admit I could be wrong here ;)

If anyone asks... I know nothing!
    Apr 18 11:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    lol thanks~
    Apr 18 09:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    Some may do well. I don't have an issue with traders, and when I have time here and there I do some of it myself in other names to varying degrees of success.

BUT they often try to mix up trading and investing and encourage others to do the same. That's fine too... BUT... they post half truths or stuff made up out of thin air (such as saying those who held SIRI for the last 2 years have underperformed everything else, or if you owned siri for the last year you have lost money, or the stock makes long holders "sick" for the last 5 years...) Anyone that has owned SIRI for 5 years is probably a pretty happy camper. For some it has been absolutely life changing.

I don't know if it's on purpose or not. It's not just SIRI. Probably just the whole internet thing :P
    Apr 18 09:30 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Set To Resume Share Buybacks [View article]
    ??? You're using examples of specific stock picks from the depths of the stock market in 2009. May as well say you could get 'em for $2.67 and $6.04... why use $10 and $3?
    Apr 18 09:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    Unfortunately I can't press your "like" button for how many times I would have liked to press the "dislike" button on those spewing trader talk saying longs haven't made any money in the past few years, it was a mistake to be long, easy to make money elsewhere, blah blah blah :P
    Apr 18 05:47 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    "How about Siri do something right by their stockholders and start the buyback? I think after all the talk it's the "right time" to do that!"

The right thing to do by their stockholders is to conduct the buyback in the best fashion for longer term return of capital. The wrong thing to do is run the buyback so people can flip in and out and try to play the pops and dips short term at the expense of the company running its own stock.

I understand that you want them to start the buyback so you can go green and flip out of your recent purchase and chase something else, but that's not best for the company now is it?
    Apr 18 05:45 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    Well good thing you don't have to think about it Pete cuz you sold out back in 2012 for $2 or so, right? Spamming articles with comments of "dump it" "dump it before it goes to $1.50" "dump it before Obama gets your money"...

If you had the money you'd buy AAPL hand over fist back when it was $700 a share too, right? I mean you did say that.

"Liberty will kill itself and Sirius XM in less than a year" You said in 2012.

The funny thing is if you look at your post history you make these comments AT THE BOTTOMS. You are the poster child for fear. You really want that AAPL at $700 a share and you HATE that SIRI at $1.80. You're always "sick" over stuff.

The market needs people like you, because the guy that buys your SIRI from you and then sells it back to you higher has to make his money, and the guy who shorts you AAPL and buys it back from you lower has to make his money too.

Not everyone has gotten sick here, and those who don't look at the day to day and run around like a worried little puppy aren't foolish or stupid or anything... they're likely doing quite well (despite some purchases, for a time being, being under water a bit). I can say this because I'm one of those people.

Stay sick. But don't try to infect everyone else by spewing nonsense. It's a free country and you can do what you want, I guess, but you're not doing yourself (or anyone else) any favors.
    Apr 18 05:41 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    "A lot of us have seen siri rise from the dead, and always expected someday to see a major breakout."

Anyone looking for a "major breakout" with SIRI is going to be disappointed. It might make good moves in short times (especially from oversold levels, 1.27, 1.80, etc) but a major breakout? What the heck would be the catalyst for such a thing? Please explain why you felt you would get a "major breakout" in SIRI.

"I'd say over the last 2 years anyone holding this stock could have done much better elsewhere, but because too many of us tenaciously hold on and focus on this holding we are becoming extremely myopic. And that is not a good. x"

45% return holding for 2 years. You're joking right? Anyone could have done much better elsewhere? Seriously. ARE YOU JOKING? You mention SCHM but that is up 41%.

You come to the boards and run around suggesting people flit in and out with you. A little here, a little there... sell this buy that etc. All fine, but don't make stuff up. If you held SIRI for 2 years you have outperformed the market, even if you can cherry pick other time frames that it has not.

"Are you also investing elsewhere? I believe an investment of over $60,000 would produce just as well or better and safer. Siri has gone up 5%ish over the last year while a no brain-er (and historically safe) ETF like SCHM is up 25%ish"

Yeahhhh good idea. Sell what you feel is undervalued and buy SCHM. Sounds like jojopuppyfish is making the right move if he feels SIRI is undervalued.

Have you sold your SIRI you bought above these levels, edward? Is there a reason you purchased SIRI within the last month vs. buying SCHM with those funds? Is there a reason you're attempting to discourage people from buying SIRI lower than your purchase price?

If SIRI was $5 and had outperformed, would you suggest people buy it and sell SCHM? ;) If SIRI was $2 a share and had no appreciation in 2 years would you suggest people sell it?
    Apr 18 05:30 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Set To Resume Share Buybacks [View article]
    If they had 10 shares it would take a long time to put the same percentage dent in the outstanding quantity, because the shares would be more expensive.
    Apr 18 04:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Set To Resume Share Buybacks [View article]
    You're talking about quarterly / annual dividends but mentioned a 25 cent div and I wouldn't see SIRI firing out a quarterly or annual dividend of 25 cents, so assumed that would be a special dividend which would adjust options.

I'd rather be in cash than pull 2.5 to 3.5%. Some young people might like that rate of return but it doesn't really interest me. I'm in a different position here though as I don't feel I *need* to make more... just that I *want* to make more and that I am in a position where I can take on significant risk.

2.5 to 3.5% might be attractive in a few years I guess. Fire and forget, or buy a div stock and write OTM covereds, pull the div and go fishing. Will probably do the latter... just replace fishing with something else... I'm not a fisherman :)
    Apr 18 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Set To Resume Share Buybacks [View article]
    Yes, in Q3 when the paid nearly $3.70. Not so much in Q1 and Q2 when they paid less than $3.25. And yes, I think Sirius will overpay. I'm still waiting for the debt issuance to lever up so they can continue purchases.

*if* in 5 years the share price is $10, will they have overpaid for the portion they bought around $3.70 in Q3 of 2013?

Probably better to look at such a large buyback as an average and not pick apart the little pieces and hint that the whole batch is rotten based on short term movement in share price.
    Apr 18 12:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment