Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    I would not be surprised to see beyond $5 per share, but I would expect those numbers to come a bit later than EOY 2013.

Good catch on the error :P Yes SIRI closed 2012 at $2.89 not opened it at that :)
    Jan 9, 2013. 08:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    Thanks hsellers. I think everyone around here does such an excellent job of pursuing every facet of SIRI. There's something here for everyone, and a ton of value in the articles and comments alike. Spencer, Apple, Crunching, all do an excellent job at presenting facts, figures, and speculation, and like you I appreciate their articles and opinions (even if at times I disagree!).

2012 has been an enjoyable year writing about SIRI, and I hope 2013 will continue to be the same. :)
    Jan 9, 2013. 08:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    Haha I don't, but they happen. My point with the comment was merely to say that I realize there are stocks out there that WILL perform better percentage wise than SIRI, but they are not so sure of a bet.
    Jan 9, 2013. 08:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    It does, it's kinda funny. Sometimes I need to take a vehicle for the day that doesn't have SIRI and I just won't do it. I'll take the 15 minutes to move my Lynx / dock with the spare antenna I bought rather than subject myself to an hour of terrestrial. Chances are that would be 40 minutes of worthless DJs and commercials anyways....
    Jan 9, 2013. 08:23 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    Maffei mentioned international last night but ONLY when questioned and only left it as a "possibility." Frankly I don't see them pushing hard to take this thing global, and I prefer they do not. I wish I could say that I understand the global market and demand in places like China and India and Europe for premium radio but I do not.

I would not expect global expansion for the next several years at least, if it happens at all.
    Jan 9, 2013. 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    Thanks Richard! I think with Maffei's comment last night about not seeing a spin in 2013 or 2014 that the idea that Liberty will lever up the SIRI balance sheet too quickly is out the window now. One more potential concern gone. Slow and steady buybacks should be the name of the game, and investors should benefit from this right along with LMCA.
    Jan 9, 2013. 08:18 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    I agree Mick :) And I think SIRI sets a great example for other services out there. I wish Hulu would follow suit and offer a higher priced service free of advertising... I would gladly pay another $10 a month to cut out the ads! My time is valuable, and if I can save myself 5 to 10 minutes a day (or more) of annoyance, that is worth a good amount of cash over the course of the month to me.
    Jan 9, 2013. 08:17 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time For Sirius XM To Trade On Fundamentals [View article]
    Nino you just told individuals in Little Apple's article to buy puts, and here you tell CN not to write calls.

Who are you trying to drive off the cliff?
    Jan 8, 2013. 04:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Hits $3.10 As FCC Approves Liberty's Control [View article]
    I was correcting your mistake.
    Jan 7, 2013. 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Hits $3.10 As FCC Approves Liberty's Control [View article]
    I might trade (or should I say attempt to trade) once a quarter or so. I sold and rebought a few times in december to scoop up a bunch of special dividends that were floating around from various companies, though.

Should pullback at *some* point to the low $2.90's yes, though overall market is on the verge of flipping bull.
    Jan 7, 2013. 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Hits $3.10 As FCC Approves Liberty's Control [View article]
    I'd assume you are capable of clicking links provided. Your picture does show two hands.

"I expect that Liberty will take advantage of a back door, which does not require it to enter into a bidding war for whatever percentage of SiriusXM it wishes to increase its stake to. I expect that Liberty, as of this writing (February 25th, 2012), has already made moves to acquire the vast majority of what it seeks in the future.
    I chalk up recent price action (up to 6 months worth of it) to calculated plays executed in order to shake out and acquire large numbers of shares for the impending move or moves Liberty is likely to undertake.

I expect back door deals with a third party or parties, in order for those at the top and in control, to make the most from the coming activity. I expect more that Liberty will walk next door to its neighbor, and pay Bob for his shares Bob purchased for them ahead of time, plus a premium for his assistance, more than I expect Liberty to walk out its front door with a megaphone screaming to the public that it is ready to start buying at prices dictated by "everyone else.""

302 Million forward was not announced until months later.

Conversion doesn't need to be stressed or mentioned. It's not a material action.
    Jan 7, 2013. 07:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Hits $3.10 As FCC Approves Liberty's Control [View article]
    Dunno... probably due to uncertainty and his issue with control. He doesn't want to play second fiddle... SIRI was his only investment... he saw himself on the way out and didn't want to be invested in something under someone else's control?

Hard to say really. Could also have been for impending potential tax changes, but unless he offers a reason other than the ones given then he should be taken at his word for charity / tax / estate planning purposes, etc.
    Jan 5, 2013. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Hits $3.10 As FCC Approves Liberty's Control [View article]
    Ok ww :)
    Jan 4, 2013. 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Hits $3.10 As FCC Approves Liberty's Control [View article]
    There's lots of info on this out there. Spencer Osborne has some good pieces on that, look him up here on Seeking Alpha and at siriusbuzz.com :)
    Jan 4, 2013. 06:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Hits $3.10 As FCC Approves Liberty's Control [View article]
    There's a trade here if you time it well, but it'll require some attention (and no I don't know where that trade is yet :P)
    Jan 4, 2013. 06:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment