Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    Oh the dry humor of a numbers guy... =/ Reminds me of my 8th grade calculus teacher telling the guys in class to enjoy summer vacation and he'd see us all again for differential equations as tangents ( tanned gents ) in the fall.... but to be fair he did tell us bad jokes are an integral (....) part of mathematics... ugh :P
    Nov 20, 2012. 03:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    No only I have that!
    Nov 20, 2012. 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks MLR!
    Nov 20, 2012. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    They've been drinking a little too much Mult Liquor :P
    Nov 20, 2012. 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    For what it may be worth, watch over $2.84 on an intra day basis and over $2.80 close for a possible return to bullish sentiment. Anything under that and the "chart" is still short term bearish.
    Nov 20, 2012. 11:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Allen :)

Keep in mind most writers don't have a background in finance or fancy degrees either. Many don't even have many years of experience in investing. I have a few years now, but I still consider myself a novice and always will.

My suggestion? Be the most careful of those who trumpet just how experienced they are. The smartest and the sharpest people I know will always tell you that they know very little. It's the ones trying to impress that you need to be wary of.
    Nov 20, 2012. 11:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    Thanks eb :) I've seen / heard of a lot of people who decided to get out at $2, $2.50, $2.75, etc. It's interesting. I realize those are spectacular gains from 2009 but I think staying long like you are doing when the company is doing well and the news is good is the best choice.
    Nov 20, 2012. 11:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    I see 'em ZiggyK! 9:57 AM? It's a good play, I think, though I am not so sure they will get put to you. Either way you get in cheap or pick up $260 :) not a bad deal.
    Nov 20, 2012. 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    That said 2013 guidance may come as late as the Q4 call. Mel may have been hesitant to give guidance of company performance under a new CEO. That Q4 call should be interesting.
    Nov 20, 2012. 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    I figure this will come out after they get full year 2012 sub numbers after the new year's break. Expect an announcement like last year.
    Nov 20, 2012. 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    They don't have to rush anymore. They need so few shares at this point they could pay $10 a share and it would matter very little in the grand scheme of things.
    Nov 20, 2012. 11:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    I haven't crunched the numbers but Crunching Numbers most likely has! One of his recent articles should provide that data or send him a quick message. Spencer may have that data as well. Remember it's a shifting number and expectations of the future may change based on things like convertibles and such. It would be in the billions, for sure.
    Nov 20, 2012. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    Where's that duke guy? He still writing his Sunday comics?
    Nov 20, 2012. 10:54 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    Not for 47% of the country ;)

(sorry I had to!!)
    Nov 20, 2012. 10:52 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Opportunity To $3.30 [View article]
    Institutional buys are typically long term so it's reasonable to consider that Cohen's purchases and also retention of his underlying position says that SAC sees respectable appreciation in the share price mid to long term.

Keep in mind Q3 was July 1st to September 30th. Purchases in this range would have fallen in the low $2's to just under $2.60. July 2nd offered prices below $2 as well. It's hard to tell where SAC bought and sees value but the fact that they were still holding when the clock struck midnight at close of Q3 at $2.60 bodes well.
    Nov 20, 2012. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment