Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    You're welcome strozzi :)
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    Awwww DRAT! ;)
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:05 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    Hey now wait a minute... I wrote the article, you read it! ;) But I think we're certainly in agreement here that these prices are offering some excellent entry points for fresh blood.

I'm unsure how long I will hold long, but being removed from the hysteria here leaves me in a great position to recognize a beaten down stock. Reaction is way overdone, and we're approaching the time, I think, when people will say heyyyy, wait a minute.... and flip to the long side again in rapid fashion :)

At the very least it's a pretty solid trade. Thanks very much for the nice comment :)
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    I'm serious about that, too. I wrote everything as I got home and simply waited for the numbers to roll in. Cut, paste, done. The funny thing is I will expect the NEXT short data to be HIGHER than this one. We'll see if I am correct :)
    Jan 25, 2013. 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    Those teeth crack me up :P
    Jan 25, 2013. 07:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    I would say much of it is still hedged to those bonds, but there certainly is an increasing position which is not tied to those bonds. My guess is that it is technical traders. I remember Liberty (or someone else) stating that the expectations were that Liberty could get the shares it needed from the trade volume... the stock has been quite liquid over the years and many are comfortable trying to trade peaks and valleys. The thing is, the valley floor is being raised and the peaks are getting higher and higher due to the liquid shares being bought by Liberty and filed away. I don't think they are betting on some disaster (the shorts) as much as they are playing the technicals.
    Jan 25, 2013. 07:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    Oh I'm not worried at all. I see increased short positions as somewhat of a future blessing.

Lots of "traders" don't dig into companies they trade too deeply. They'll short on technicals and SIRI was screaming "overbought" as Liberty was buying. Technically, they shorted correctly, but fundamentally they have been making a big mistake.
    Jan 25, 2013. 05:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    You're welcome level head :)
    Jan 25, 2013. 05:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    Honestly I love shorts as they show unrealized buying potential in my opinion :) Sure, their activity can contribute to share price declines but in these types of situations where you know where those shares went, and you know future expectations, it's just additional buying pressure coming through the pipes :)
    Jan 25, 2013. 05:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    What would be the reasoning behind a reverse split? I don't see a reverse split as being done before an RMT. Any reverse split would likely be incorporated into an RMT.
    Jan 25, 2013. 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    "Keep writing...I sleep better after I read your articles."

Are they that boring? ;)
    Jan 25, 2013. 05:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    Nah... there's no need to rush with it. Slow and steady is the name of the game here.
    Jan 25, 2013. 05:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    " Even if there are points I disagree with by some it never hurts to be cautious, especially when one's $$$ is involved."

I fully agree! Each of the authors presents a unique perspective and I think the four who regularly write here on SIRI do an excellent job of covering the bases. :)
    Jan 25, 2013. 04:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    Good to see you Roxie :) Yep, still holding. Actually increased some exposure yesterday with options. We'll see how it plays out. Chose the $2's for Jan 2014 as you can almost triple exposure without too much in time premium.
    Jan 25, 2013. 04:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Has A New Owner [View article]
    Wrote an AAPL article... they're picky on AAPL so we'll see if it gets through.

Sold 10% of my SIRI $3.09 and bought calls, Jan 2014 $2 strike $1.16 / $1.17 today. Could have possibly waited and gotten cheaper but bought around the 20 day MA instead of waiting for a 50 bounce (if it even gets there). For those that don't understand this play it effectively takes 10% of my SIRI position and nearly triples my exposure to gains / losses from current share prices on that portion.

If the share price hits the 50 day I may do this with another 30% of my position, same expiry and strike. IF it's going to bounce that 50 day it has about 6 trading days left to do so, in my opinion, and would bring RSI down to bear market lows... rather uncharacteristic of SIRI in the bull market we are in now (even if people can't seem to quite figure it out yet).

Very little time premium on these.

I am still looking for that $3.30 before the call or at the very least directly after (though to be fair I have maintained this will happen before the call, and Jan 21 is my cutoff... SIRI has still only hit as high as $3.23 outside of market one day).

For what it is worth AAPL from $400 screams buy, in my opinion, regardless of my personal preference for Android ;) and I may sell some SIRI to enter a bit of a play with AAPL calls if opportunity knocks.
    Jan 24, 2013. 09:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment