Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: At $3.15, Still Trading In Tandem With Liberty At $125 [View article]
    No that would make them look pathetic in the short term ;)
    Apr 15 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Telematics A Sirius Mistake? [View article]
    "If you wish to call me conceited, I will counter it by telling you I'm probably not... I don't think I'm as great as I really am. ;-)"

Ok I finally found something enjoyable in the back and forth :P lol
    Apr 15 03:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bought with loaned funds for the first time today since 2009 @ $3.01. Thankful for this very low interest rate environment.

Missed the $1.27 in 2011. Was ready for this one. Will be more conservative with this and write covered calls vs. position as time goes on.

If it goes to $2.90's (or hell, $2.40's) in the short term I'll either shrug or if $2.40's cry over missed opportunity I guess, but plenty of time to wait it out.

Just FYI / Disclosure stuff and all that.
    Apr 15 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Just put SIRI with LYV, call it Sirius XM Nation (or Faulknerian Nation, either or), 10:1 reverse split the thing in the process, and don't remove the vote (LMCA gonna keep majority there anyways so no matter) and it may appear attractive.

But yes I'd assume this is 2015 stuff or beyond.
    Apr 14 02:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Your comments get reviewed on new accounts before posting so your old comments may have taken some time to show.
    Apr 13 06:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Will Short Pandora Furiously Until The Letter 'P' Key Falls Off My Keyboard [View article]
    Hope you bet big on this downturn and made bank, QTR :) Did you follow through with the short or buy puts / short calls?
    Apr 12 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes but they did deviate from Oct to Jan.
    Apr 11 03:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Speaking of convertibles, I need to take the little M out of storage! Beautiful weather the past couple days...
    Apr 11 11:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Well "merit" here is opinion based :)

Keep in mind it's not cool to be happy, confident, not worried, and steadfast in opinion. It's also kinda boring.

The first Matrix was rejected by humans because it was a blissful / perfect world. Yeah it's a sci fi movie but it's applicable. People are drawn to and even relish in doom and gloom.

I began writing because I was tired of the gloom and doom BS and the authors calling investors stupid, saying investors should wish they were dead, etc. (yes, such things were written and published). You have to understand that some guys actually do this for a living. They HAVE to push out article after article and it's much easier to push out a ton of negative pieces and make a name for yourself as the bad guy, than it is to push out a ton of positive pieces (right or wrong doesn't matter for the guy trying to make a buck, so you'll gravitate towards the negative).

Anyways, in my opinion it's a lot of BS. The only guy I read "concerns" from is CN but I often skim as he gets into far more detail than is necessary for me (others may appreciate it more). He's the only guy who has a friggin' clue on that side of things, but I get why people are hard on him too :) I have my share of people who are rude to me on the other side of things :)

Also consider some write a piece and get a bunch of negative comments and then take it upon themselves to wage war with the articles because their feelings are hurt or they enjoy the poking and prodding (heck, they get paid for it). It's not just SIRI, you see this stuff everywhere.

At some point you just blow it all off. :)
    Apr 11 11:16 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The debt upgrade "news" is important...
    Apr 11 09:57 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    AMP! As an investor in SIRI why are you not familiar with the SIRI investor relations website where this information is?

It's the 24th.

Apr 11 09:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I didn't. I hold 2.5 to 3.5 calls (including 3's)
    Apr 11 09:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: When Does This 'Thing' Get Out Of The Mud? [View article]
    You're a good sport :) lol
    Apr 9 04:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Telematics A Sirius Mistake? [View article]
    "CN, unlike SF and Spencer, continues to answer his posts."

I don't ignore his posts really... I just don't bother responding to most anymore. It's a waste of time. There's no compensation for responding, and much of the comments are (at least lately) wild speculation or um... confused complaining I guess you could call it. The "why with all the good news isn't SIRI up every day?" sort of stuff.

Heck the comment section here is impossible to navigate and rendered completely useless due to the back and forth fighting.

It's the same thing anytime any stock doesn't always go up. I have an inbox full of conspiracy theories right now. Ugh... Read the last 5 years of SIRI articles and comments and if you come away with a feeling that at least 90% of them were not a massive waste of time / arguing then let me know, cuz I need a surprise today :P
    Apr 9 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: When Does This 'Thing' Get Out Of The Mud? [View article]
    Well you can add one instance of Caps Lock Key repair to your list of achievements now :)
    Apr 8 11:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment