Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I wrote about that a few times Jbgoose ;) The insiders have made a KILLING cashing in on stock options on a company that actually makes no money, and gets users by giving away the work of others for FREE...

They're in trouble and this rally today screams for a short despite the small purchase made by an insider (who likewise sold twice as many shares 3 months ago...). Purchase Dec 20th $20 puts and cash in over the next couple weeks... maybe :)
    Nov 14 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    How does geo help when the power is out? Or am I missing something?

Grid... I dunno... I'm not really in the middle of that business... we just provide what it lacks.

Bloom box runs on natural gas, no? I don't think it stores energy? Or am I thinking of something else?

Still doesn't make much sense (At least in New England) to install solar. It's just a "look I have solar" thing... even with the incentives. Anything that has a 20 year period that it takes to get the money BACK is a luxury and not an investment, especially when you consider you could not get solar, stick the money into a relatively safe investment and end up with double in those 20 years... It will get there like any tech though.

I never played slots. Blackjack only. It was completely stupid really... I went in 2004 and only for a couple days and didn't intend to gamble much so I brought $200 and that was it. Played the $5 tables or whatever and when I had a $100 chip I'd pocket it and just play with the $200... end of evening I had over $10,000 in those things. Second time I went with the intention of winning... I was gonna turn $10K into $100k... or so I thought. In 15 minutes I had $30,000 or so... and an hour later I had $500. Walked away, spent the next couple days just relaxing with free stuff since they gave me free dinners at some of the nicer places, free shows, etc. and came home with $200 or so in my pocket.

I couldn't do it again... gambling never really interested me beyond the math.
    Nov 14 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    Anything SHOULD last a lifetime, but salt air, mice, spiders, ants (yes ants), the general environment, etc. do not allow things to function in top shape forever.

Better to replace a 15 year old aging machine than repair it. Set of boards for an 11 RMY with mice damage runs a couple grand (if that fixes it... ) Can buy a 14 installed for $5k... new machine new warranty...

We're happy to fix things. It's worth more money... but replacement is often the better choice for the customer.
    Nov 14 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nerd.
    Nov 14 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I dunno I have been to Vegas twice. First time I went with $200 and came home with a bit over $10,000. Second time I went with $10,000 and came home with a bit over $200. Both vacations got comped... haven't been back lol :) (I have a similar "trading" history but for some reason I still try that with a few grand here and there... and end up with similar results...)
    Nov 14 05:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    Slots have no emotion. Most of the games do.
    Nov 13 09:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I will say this. This has been our best year since the millenium / end of the world scare when everyone was buying generators. Perhaps even better this year. We're double last year's Aug to January sales and there are 7 weeks left to go.

Some things to consider... life cycle on these things is 15 to 20 years. The 1998 / 1999 machines are hitting that mark and being replaced (typically we drop a 14KW in place of an old 8.5 or 12 ).

Prices on generators have come down making them much more affordable.

Country's electrical grid is terrible and getting worse. We invest more in things that are not investments (throwing money away on social programs and encouraging people to do anything BUT work or do anything BUT take care of themselves...) and neglect infrastructure and education ... ok getting political here... but the grid sucks...

People have a lot of money right now... at least those that matter (IE: those that have the level of disposable income to buy a permanent install generator).

That said I don't sell Generac. We sell only Kohler. Generac has one major fault in my opinion... a terrible dealer / service network. You buy the thing at a home depot or lowes, it is installed (usually incorrectly / not to code) and then who do you have work on it? That's a problem. We work on them but we are not a dealer, do not stock parts, etc... and if you didn't buy from us, you pay a higher rate

I have not researched Generac as a company. Wish I bought the stock when it was an IPO, for sure... but that is just looking at div history and the chart. Chart right now looks a bit rough, and I don't like the huge gap from late 2012 BUT the gap is really old. Anywhere in that gap, in my opinion, would be a buy (assuming you research the company and like it.)

YOU MAY BE HOLDING IT FOR AWHILE though. And judging by your comments on SIRI I don't think you can handle that, to be honest. I feel like you'd watch the daily activity and get all bent out of shape if it didn't move, or latch onto the headlines of the day and freak out / complain etc if it wasn't going up. As an investment, 3, 4 years ? Sure. As a trade? 6 months? Just go to Vegas and throw it into the slots unless you can remove emotion from the mix.
    Nov 13 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    Yeah silly me looked in the 10-Q and came up with 164 results for sirius and said the hell with this.... woulda been better had I looked in the right place eh?
    Nov 13 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    Thanks very much! I figured you had this number handy :)
    Nov 13 06:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I'm being lazy (and rather behind on this type of stuff )... yo CN (or anyone else)! How many shares of SIRI does LMCA hold?

Thanks in advance!
    Nov 13 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I'm thrilled ;) Keep those sales flowing!
    Nov 13 11:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    If anything the "slower and lower" pace of repurchases should present higher valuations both short and long. It would be reckless overpaying and fast buying that would decrease valuation.
    Nov 13 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    a) no
    b) no

Now you don't have to waste your time with concern :D
    Nov 12 08:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    Yeah but Tinker is (I assume) smart enough to know that more buybacks using debt, even if there is a lower share count is a zero sum game for the time being. I'd be surprised if Tinker made a share price projection and forgot that +debt and -shares in the short term balances out.

They may have expected more shares to be purchased in these areas BUT whether the company purchases more or less right now shouldn't affect short term valuations... it just affects longer term projections.
    Nov 12 08:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    "You may not, but there are some analysts that are looking for the numbers to be much higher and have already been disappointed that leverage hasn't already been moved higher."

Are they? Or is this an assumption?

Perhaps that is why they are just an analyst and not working for Mr. Malone? :)

The right way to do this is as quickly as possible without jazzing the share price.

I sell generators for a living. Before that I had a business for 8 years playing video games. Yes, I sold imaginary swords and armor for money. Why is it that I understand this very simple idea... and professional career analysts do not seem to understand it?

Or maybe Malone is F'ing this all up and the people that work for and with him have no clue and should listen to the analysts?

Or maybe not :P

(I don't often write about analysts anyways or put stock (pun pun!) in what they say... they're just people with opinions, and everyone has opinions)
    Nov 12 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment