Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    For what it is worth, the price was $3.83 when I wrote this, and the price went to a bid of $4.03. This is the first year I have decided to "trade" SIRI and of the recent rise have hit three effective trades so far, buy $3.50 "area", sell $3.91, buy $3.82, sell $4.03, buy $3.92 with a target sell of $4.12 although given enough time that could go a little higher.

These are not day trades but rather a bit longer term (call them short term) trades and can easily be found in my comment history with targets posted a week or more in advance. I still maintain that it's not the best thing for someone to just go from a long holder to trying to flip shares, but for those interested in making a little extra as SIRI "moves" it certainly is possible with a bit of research.

Just holding my IRA shares which are all in options, but trading non-ira stuff to build a bit of cash.

Worst case you get caught long (would have been long anyways, right?) and miss being in cash on a pull back, or you're out (which should be briefly) and some sort of news or offer comes through the pushes the stock up.

It would not be a bad idea to write March 20th $4's on any bounce here on short term holdings and pocket the cash. Same for April. Stay away from May / June and beyond on writes unless they are used to make a spread and the cash received goes towards the long side. June $3.50 / $4 looks attractive but runs risk on the Q1 call (you'd want it flat). Highly speculative.
    Mar 8, 2015. 06:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Whining that the stock is manipulated or that people are paid to bash the stock every single time it does exactly what stocks do (which is go up, down, and sideways) is getting really old.
    Mar 8, 2015. 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I see you would prefer I were "controlled" :) lol
    Mar 7, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Time to add was two months ago.

That said if you have money to add, wait for price near / below the 50 day moving average. That might mean you buy in a month at this price here... that might mean you buy for less... it might mean you buy for a bit more in a few months. Better to have a disciplined strategy for adding, though, rather than simply grabbing any quick pullback.
    Mar 6, 2015. 04:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Android / Carplay is simply software, not hardware. Each receiver supports both.

Aftermarket radios have always been "Sirius XM ready" in that they need the tuner. It's not something new. If you buy the non Android Auto head unit you have to buy the tuner... (and that's no more a plot by the head unit maker or traditional radio broadcasters than the NEX receivers needing it.) Be careful with confirmation bias. I know you are looking for support of your theory but continue to dig once you find it in case further research invalidates.

Again Apple is not going to pay money to an auto maker or force them or "persuade" them to not install SIRI. Not happening. The two competitors (at the moment) in this are Apple and GOOGLE and it is not some war between Apple and SIRI like you seem to be so hooked on.

You need to research this ... or in my opinion you should... if it is going to continue to be a talking point of yours.

"Anyone ordering the Carplay option will, 99% of the time, go to iTunes Radio and the other streamers."

99%? You sure? ONE in ONE HUNDRED who choose a NEX (let's just call it that for now) capable receiver will sub to SIRI and 99% will choose not to? Conversion in 5 years WILL drop to 1% on anything that has a software stack available? because the center stack in a car is going to go to software in that time frame on new vehicles (by majority). You didn't say most of the time, you said, clearly, 99% of the time.

You are so hooked on this idea... Take a step back and LOOK, and UNDERSTAND what the environment in a vehicle is, what these options provide, etc. Watch the videos on Carplay and Android Auto. Understand what these systems provide. Consider how these systems do not provide much beyond what can already be done with a bluetooth sync up or aux cable.
    Mar 5, 2015. 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Yeah I am getting messages from people who sold out a few months ago who are thinking of buying now... it's .... mind boggling =/
    Mar 5, 2015. 12:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Also for what it is worth I have gone with Pioneer head units since my first car in 1993. Still remember the model number... DEX-P990DSP I think... =/ Been very happy with all their products.
    Mar 4, 2015. 10:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    You would also notice that the NEX receivers load Android Auto as well. Has Pioneer already turned the Google/Sirius relationship upside down?

Again you would do well to educate yourself on this if it is going to be a continuing concern of yours.

(Also for what it's worth it has been my experience that those who purchase an aftermarket radio can call SIRI and buy a year sub and get the tuner sent to them free... though I am not sure if they are still doing this... the tuner costs them very little so I would think they would... similarly if you buy the tuner you get equivalent service for free, 3 months)
    Mar 4, 2015. 09:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Has always been this way. How long have you followed the aftermarket receivers?

As someone who typically does a full tear-out of all his vehicles and a complete overhaul of the factory stereo (with the exception of work vehicles) I can tell you, clearly, that aftermarket head units have always required that separate portion.

So, nothing has been turned upside down. But that won't stop people from saying that it has.
    Mar 4, 2015. 09:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fair enough! :)
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Apple, if anything, would have concerns with other dash-stack providers, not with the radio options available.

Apple should be more concerned with Google / Android which is open / works with nearly everything than with spending money to keep SIRI out of the dash.

You're thinking the money is in the little radio. It's money. It's not *the* money. Apple isn't going to force an auto maker to make concessions, and no auto maker is going to go with "only Apple."

Again if you think I am wrong here, sell. Sell that stock.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Stressful, yes, but she has you and you have her. End of day, that's a blessing.
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Nice to see intelligent comments and less Apple talk :P thanks! :)
    Mar 3, 2015. 07:43 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    Also I apologize in advance to CN if you do decide to do that...
    Mar 1, 2015. 04:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: With $4 In Sight, Price Has Gone Parabolic [View article]
    There is no reason for an auto maker to take SIRI from standard and move it to option. The auto maker does not go out of pocket to put SIRI in so it would be what.. a "free" "option"? Makes no sense.

150 Billion? Apple is going to pay $150 billion to force auto makers to push SIRI to option status? Why don't they just pay $40 billion and buy SIRI? (THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO THAT lol... this is not meant to generate discussion ... God help us...)

Might be optional to have Android OR Apple but I don't even think that is going to happen. Why would anyone buy a car and put in a system that can only be sold used to part of the population?

There's way too much talk about this out there, and finding intelligent talk about it from people who understand the industry is like finding a needle in a hay stack. It's all blah blah blah blah here's MY opinion because I think Apple / Google is amazing and they are going to take over the world and in a few years everyone will have smart cars driving themselves and data will be unlimited and free and there will be a big huge war in the dashboard like all those articles and the guys on CNBC say and ummm.. no SIRI because 8 tracks remember? and clunky satellites and ...

I know I know I'm a pain in the behind. Just not concerned with all this. Takes 12 to 14 years to penetrate the dashboard. It will be a SLOW CRAWL and can be taken as it comes from the investment side of things.
    Feb 28, 2015. 05:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $4 Per Share Will Depend On Q2 Report [View article]
    I "disappeared" before 4.18. Several weeks. Last article before it 9/11/2013. Though the frequency of what I wrote declined in August. I get busy with work at that time of year and there wasn't much to write about other than the stock was going up... gets old :) Never really disappeared as in stopped commenting, though. Been around.

Nobody needs my articles :) lol. If I say my sell target is 4.25 area and it hits 4.18 people get mad, it never hit 4.25, the other guy was right, need to stop listening to Faulkner, he doesn't know... he made a mistake... he messed up... etc etc. If I say subsequent repurchase area is 3 and it goes to 2.98 people get mad... coulda bought for less, the other guy was right, need to stop listening to Faulkner, he doesn't know... he made a mistake... he messed up... etc etc. Tie that in with the perma-bear and perma-bull (the overzealous ones) comments and it's a big ball of frustration for very little pay (last article was about $135, only worth it if I didn't comment or I did an article a night in 30 minutes and kept the running conversation jumping articles to maximize income). Too many comments, too much speculation, I get frustrated and come across as "mean"... get nasty messages from people because they think Apple is going to buy SIRI and I said it's a waste of time to think about...

Oy... too much :) The back and forth was enjoyable for awhile but I don't get anything out of it and I doubt many others get anything out of it either. Will share thoughts here and there... but 9 times out of 10 I have something I could write about I don't bother anymore. I start writing and then I think eh... someone will argue about this or that or someone will come back in 6 months and say I was wrong because it hit 4.24 and not 4.28 or something.

SA does have a pilot program to put articles behind a pay wall. That I may do and offer opinions on short, mid and long term price objectives / trades. I actually do very very well with trading and have started trading SIRI this year (4 trades so far with a pilot on a $250K margin account up $87,328 as of Friday's close, all trade entry and exit points, stops, etc. disclosed days before they are done so it's not like it is a "I bought here and sold here a few days ago and made a killing" type thing. 2 months... I think that's pretty darn good.). It's too difficult to put all possibilities and expectations into an article like this but stuff behind a pay wall would be quite easy where I don't have to inject filler material to make it flow / follow a template.

Anyways I'm all over the place here. Never really disappeared. When I mention "disappear" I mean those who vanish... who knows if they got tired of the site, died, lost all their money, or heck maybe they made it big and are off enjoying life. Can only judge performance by what they last mentioned, though, and everything this TBrasc guy was pushing tanked out hard in the following months while the market took off... complete opposite of his bearish position... so my assumptions need to be based on that.
    Feb 28, 2015. 05:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment