Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    It was tongue in cheek, Richard =/ (though I figure your response was as well! )
    Nov 16, 2014. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I don't watch the weather channel. So out of "we" that leaves "you" =/ and, well... I don't know what you are watching on that channel but the programming looks like nonsense to me...?

Why bother reading this site and other sites, or even talking about stocks? Give the analysts your money to invest for you :) They are the only ones with that precious credibility! ;)
    Nov 15, 2014. 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    They do? If analysts know so much why are they so often wrong? :)

My goodness... if the analysts get it wrong the rest of us simpletons have no chance!!!
    Nov 15, 2014. 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    Or you can listen to the analysts ;) The $31 average target has been there for awhile now and the $45 target longer so we'll see if it gets there soon!

Good luck!
    Nov 15, 2014. 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    Spreads are easy. Just think covered call and then choose your lower limit on stock price and pull it down a strike or two, then buy the call there.

So if you think SIRI bottoms at or near $3 as was my assumption this year, and tops at or near $4.85, buy the $2.50 and sell the $4 (the $4.50 was too cheap and did not offer a good spread).

My cost basis on my $2.50's is $0.7525 in total. Had I sold the $4's total CB would be about $0.54 if I remember right. I'd be almost 100% gain here at $3.53 (but I didn't do that, I went straight long calls and am at only about 33% gain at current pricing.

You'd cap out at about 275% but who can argue with that? The long call holder would only be slightly ahead at a $4.85 price if it was hit... and the spread holder needs only $4. For someone who projects limits correctly they offer massive gain but you also accept higher risk as you lose quickly if you do not estimate the bottom level correctly.
    Nov 14, 2014. 09:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    They aren't going to make some cash... They might get a little bit BACK but it is cash spent on all this nonsense (just my opinion). Hell, all this stuff also requires maintenance. All this stuff has a lifespan. Solar arrays, wind turbines, generators, etc... they cost money to buy, set up, and then they cost money to maintain and run and "keep." The hydro power that comes zipping down from the Canadian border is dirt cheap compared to the costs of all these little things.

Shit hits the fan = no electricity. If you are a "prepper" then store food, fuel, clothing, SMALL shelter... I think it's all madness anyways. People are weird. 50 and 60 year olds "prepping" for the end of days that might happen in 20 or 30 years ... they'll be dead or completely incapable of handling themselves at that age even if "prepped". The only beneficiary will be the 20 something who offs them and takes all their nice prep work. It wouldn't be like the movies or TV shows.

All the other stuff all too much for me to get into a discussion about and stuff I am just not interested in... the next post will be twice as long as that one and I don't have the energy lol (no pun intended)

The business to be in is whatever is in demand and in short supply. Be a plumber. Like I keep complaining... I can't find one for less than a couple grand a day (that is worth subbing work out to)... "Society" the last 20 to 30 years has used the tech schools as depositories for the problem / bad kids, or the perceived "dumb" ones and shuffled everyone off to useless lib arts degrees at 4 year colleges because "you don't want to end up a plumber, do you?." Now the guy fixing pipes is in high demand off 2 years of apprenticeship and if he has his head screwed on straight is pulling $250K a year working 4 days a week and taking 12 weeks off a year. And the 4 year degree person is struggling to pay off loans... and pay off the plumber everyone told them was a bad profession...

(Seriously done with this so if you respond I'm not responding to it! you have the last word! :D )
    Nov 14, 2014. 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I guess if you expect the owner to go out and poke around the machine. You're not going to house for ants / spiders. You're not going to protect vs. salt at all. And any maintenance plan is annual or twice a year... it's not going to be sufficient to maintain something that gets very little use.

The engines do not wear out. Never had it happen. The electronics go, or the speed sensor fails, or the back ends get full of acorns and fry. The ones that last a long time? They are the ones that are used, and used often. The ones that get little to no use are much worse off.

The problem with thinking that ... well... if it is housed and maintained correctly it should last forever... ignores the fact that despite proper housing and maintenance, the generator likely will not last forever (or a lifetime, whichever you prefer) and unfortunately blames anything that can or will happen on 'poor maintenance' when that may very well have not been the case.
    Nov 14, 2014. 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I don't really know how the short term will play. Just know the company is not worth what it commands for share price... not even close... and that the chart looks miserable. Rallied today into resistance. Could fill the overhead gap up near $22.80... just technical stuff though. Should find a lot of resistance there if it gets there, I'd think, unless there is some sort of fundamental shift.
    Nov 14, 2014. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I understand about geo HEATING and COOLING but don't you need electricity to run the system?

Still not seeing where the bloom box stores energy unless the excess energy from the day is used to create fuel... bloom box is not a "battery" really... or am I misunderstanding this thing?

"The Bloom Energy Server consists of solid oxide fuel cells, which are attractive because they can be made out of low-cost materials with high energy efficiencies. The cells can run on a variety of fuels, including traditional fuel, natural gas, biomass gas, landfill gas, and ethanol."

So you'd need to make fuel with energy during the day to store it. These aren't batteries.

Even so... we have a lot of natural gas. (most of it in the heads of citizens... but I digress...) Wouldn't hurt to get moving on these things. Distributed power vs. centralized is a lot better... but then you just go to centralized fuel.

We do not have a fuel delivery infrastructure (NG) to handle everyone running these little boxes, either. Hell, every time I put in a generator we need the meter upgraded, and much of the time the line needs to be upgraded from the street or the damn street itself needs to be upgraded to handle capacity.

I'm working with a guy now who wants a community of 6 homes to be off the grid. It's stupidly expensive... it's a luxury for rich people. Most can't afford the mix of tech to detach... and even if you do detach from the grid you are still reliant on fuel delivery.

Amuses me when I get people who ask for a generator for "when the shit hits the fan..." Yeah... when the shit hits the fan and 99% of people are without food, heat, or electricity, you'll be nice and safe inside your home and that generator will keep you warm through it all... =/ After a couple weeks at most, you'd be dead, homeless, out of fuel... won't matter. :P
    Nov 14, 2014. 02:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I'm a little weirded out by this. Can't lie ... lol
    Nov 14, 2014. 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I wrote about that a few times Jbgoose ;) The insiders have made a KILLING cashing in on stock options on a company that actually makes no money, and gets users by giving away the work of others for FREE...

They're in trouble and this rally today screams for a short despite the small purchase made by an insider (who likewise sold twice as many shares 3 months ago...). Purchase Dec 20th $20 puts and cash in over the next couple weeks... maybe :)
    Nov 14, 2014. 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    How does geo help when the power is out? Or am I missing something?

Grid... I dunno... I'm not really in the middle of that business... we just provide what it lacks.

Bloom box runs on natural gas, no? I don't think it stores energy? Or am I thinking of something else?

Still doesn't make much sense (At least in New England) to install solar. It's just a "look I have solar" thing... even with the incentives. Anything that has a 20 year period that it takes to get the money BACK is a luxury and not an investment, especially when you consider you could not get solar, stick the money into a relatively safe investment and end up with double in those 20 years... It will get there like any tech though.

I never played slots. Blackjack only. It was completely stupid really... I went in 2004 and only for a couple days and didn't intend to gamble much so I brought $200 and that was it. Played the $5 tables or whatever and when I had a $100 chip I'd pocket it and just play with the $200... end of evening I had over $10,000 in those things. Second time I went with the intention of winning... I was gonna turn $10K into $100k... or so I thought. In 15 minutes I had $30,000 or so... and an hour later I had $500. Walked away, spent the next couple days just relaxing with free stuff since they gave me free dinners at some of the nicer places, free shows, etc. and came home with $200 or so in my pocket.

I couldn't do it again... gambling never really interested me beyond the math.
    Nov 14, 2014. 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    Anything SHOULD last a lifetime, but salt air, mice, spiders, ants (yes ants), the general environment, etc. do not allow things to function in top shape forever.

Better to replace a 15 year old aging machine than repair it. Set of boards for an 11 RMY with mice damage runs a couple grand (if that fixes it... ) Can buy a 14 installed for $5k... new machine new warranty...

We're happy to fix things. It's worth more money... but replacement is often the better choice for the customer.
    Nov 14, 2014. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nerd.
    Nov 14, 2014. 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Suffers Another Legal Setback [View article]
    I dunno I have been to Vegas twice. First time I went with $200 and came home with a bit over $10,000. Second time I went with $10,000 and came home with a bit over $200. Both vacations got comped... haven't been back lol :) (I have a similar "trading" history but for some reason I still try that with a few grand here and there... and end up with similar results...)
    Nov 14, 2014. 05:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment