Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    Ok well that ends that then :) Thank you.
    Dec 3, 2014. 05:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    No I said the share count was not a "problem."

And it's not. To suggest the share count is a problem with any stock is stupid... yet people say it over and over about SIRI hoping to make it true or because they don't know what the heck they are talking about. They usually follow with other stupidity like saying that a reverse split would be great because at 1:10 they'd have a $36 stock.

But they stupidly ignore the fact that they would have 1/10 the shares and have the same amount of money, probably less... because SIRI would have to pay costs associated with the reverse split. It would only make sense to do one if the company paid a dividend, and they won't, because a dividend doesn't make sense.

I'm reaching for the nearest 2X4.... ;P
    Dec 3, 2014. 05:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    But you are not asking things. Your first comment suggested SIRI acquiring Pandora either at a cost of debt (which they can't afford) or by using stock (which would probably be the only way) would make SIRI worth $10 "pretty quick"... If we assume they had to issue another 1.5 billion shares for P, that would make SIRI / P worth what... $75 billion? Really? Seriously? How am I supposed to go from that to assuming future postings are reasonable?

I'm being direct with you. I urge you to stop wasting your time with minutiae and / or fantasy. If you would rather I coddle you and pretend these are all good musings and worthy of your time or mine, then you are going to be disappointed. I am not sure why you chose me or my articles to press all these questions / speculation towards / to. A simple read back through a few of them should show I am uninterested in talking about stuff like what is in the $5.95 package, someone's ideas that SIRI blowing out more stock or debt to buy a money losing streaming service makes SIRI worth $75 billion instead of ~$20 billion (if it was so stupidly simple don't ya think they would have done it? $55 billion in synergies? They could pay $100 per share for P in that case and it would be a bargain!

Anyways blah blah blah from me. I'm a complete jerk :) Head elsewhere.
    Dec 3, 2014. 05:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    K...
    Dec 3, 2014. 05:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    Heading this off at the pass....

Q:

"Oh my God Stephen did you see Patrick Donnelly exercised and sold some options? What does this mean? Do you think he knows something? Thoughts?"

A:

"Means the world is going to end. Better sell all your shares."
    Dec 3, 2014. 04:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    Oh you! *blush*
    Dec 3, 2014. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    As I have said repeatedly in the past I am not projecting as to Agero until I see a direction for it which is more clear to me.

Until then it's even value $500M spent for $500M and possibly some potential (again which I don't care to discuss... ) Current potential should be fairly obvious and Meyer has done a good enough job of explaining it. You can listen to the CC's.
    Dec 3, 2014. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    Where are you going with this comment? Pay us dividends? Do you have any idea how this works? Why would LMCA pay out a taxable dividend to themselves? Why would you want SIRI to borrow to pay you a dividend anyways? That would be destructive to long term prospects of your investment.

"since some say share count doesnt matter"

Who says that? Of course it matters. Who are you talking to that says share count doesn't matter (as you are suggesting when considering dividends vs. buybacks)? Did you grab the nearest 2X4 and crack them over the skull with it? You'd be doing them and the rest of us a favor :)
    Dec 3, 2014. 02:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    It can't be pertinent because they are my articles and I feel they are not.

You may say "I feel this is all very pertinent" and as I have said repeatedly to you : "We disagree."

I really don't care what is in the $5.95 price sub and whether or not you personally find anything it it worth paying for, or your suggestion that because it is $5.95 it is for a specific demographic due to the low price...

I am not being rude, either, so please don't take it as such. I am being direct so you do not continue to waste your time each evening rapid firing multiple questions only to have me come in the next morning and go "I don't care to talk about this." Your questions are VERY well suited to Crunching Numbers as he has talked about all these issues and I am sure he will take time to speak with you about them cuz he is nicer than me (usually!) ;)
    Dec 3, 2014. 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts On Manipulation [View article]
    What do you mean "and this is ok?" ?

Less time commenting and looking for lies and deceit. More time spent researching LMCA and structure within.

Want to blow your mind? What was LMCA P/E when SIRI recognized all the NOLs that one quarter? This alone should show you that there is a problem with your thought process here.
    Dec 3, 2014. 02:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    They have to follow the rules and regulations surrounding this. Everything about those bonds was disclosed on issuance.
    Dec 3, 2014. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Understanding Price Control [View article]
    I think you need to direct your questions towards Crunching Numbers? You are asking me questions on stuff I have said I don't take a lot of care or interest in on a nightly basis here... but they are things Crunching Numbers has brought up repeatedly.
    Dec 3, 2014. 06:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts On Manipulation [View article]
    You need to stop with the whole "they are lying" nonsense. Really.
    Dec 3, 2014. 06:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts On Manipulation [View article]
    The only thing I find "unfair" is the ability for a market maker to cut the line with fractional bids and asks. Everyone should have a level playing field and I would argue that it should be time based as well... as in if I bid for 100 shares I shouldn't be cut in line by a computer that intercepts and "Sees" my bid and gets in a micro second faster than me... thus as bids and asks come in they form a nice orderly line with orders getting filled based on whoever is in the front of the line.

The line cutting and the front running is what causes the "problem" here. One with a fast computer doesn't need to even show their hand and can simply show 100 share bid or ask, as well, because as they fill they can put another 100 up (again, in microseconds) while everyone else has to lay that hand on the table.

At least... from my non-professional perspective :P
    Dec 2, 2014. 08:44 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts On Manipulation [View article]
    LMCA holds SIRI... I don't even know how to begin to address your question other than to say why bother even making the attempt to compare the "P/E" between the two?

Why even bother with "P/E" at all? Who the hell uses that? ....
    Dec 2, 2014. 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment