Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM, Liberty Media And Pie [View article]
    Honestly so long as SIRI performs I'm in this for the long haul. Not looking to trade out of it and be gone unless something bothers me here... I'd be happy with LMCA at full control after giving a reasonable premium on these shares I have dragged around over the years (and done very well on... FEW complaints!). I respect the value LMCA brings to the table and would much rather be in the same boat with them than in a ... slightly... tense situation.

Still think the right place to be is SIRI here until an offer is made. We'll see how close everything tracks once they spin out that cable stuff. I'm no arb... so I've little interest in attempting to play that game :) My gut tells me I'd lose my shirt.
    Aug 13 06:38 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM, Liberty Media And Pie [View article]
    I would agree to an extent. It's just easier to offer a premium on an equity swap if what you are swapping to is made up primarily of what you are swapping from, and you own a comparatively large stake of what you are swapping from.
    Aug 13 06:35 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM, Liberty Media And Pie [View article]
    " IMO, it dilutes your brand."

So does extending your criticism every other day!

Booyah! ;)

Aug 13 06:32 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM, Liberty Media And Pie [View article]
    SIRI, LMCA, and myself thank you for your 50K retail contribution to the buyback program. ;)
    Aug 13 03:50 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Keep Selling Your Shares [View article]
    I would NOT be surprised to see a grind up to the $4 area and a low volume pullback to the mid $3's. It's a technical thing, though, not a fundamental thing. If it did do this watch out once it heads towards $4 again as I'd expect a break to be fierce... much like back in 2012 on the C+H break at $2.40.
    Aug 13 12:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few Reasons Why Sirius XM Should Be Avoided [View article]
    Tiger please use at least three words per comment :P
    Aug 13 12:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Does EPS Matter? [View article]
    $14 USD? I could buy 4 SIRI shares with that! ;)
    Aug 13 12:40 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Keep Selling Your Shares [View article]
    You can buy some soap with your profits :P
    Aug 13 12:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Keep Selling Your Shares [View article]
    It will be some time before 80% and to get there institutions need to play ball and retail needs to fully sell out. Unlikely without a premium offered to get there, in which case there's nothing troublesome about the idea of LMCA looking for full control of the company, in my opinion.

Certainly not worried about them stealing the booked NOLs or something. People have been clinging to that idea for years.
    Aug 13 12:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Keep Selling Your Shares [View article]
    People get tired very easily. :)
    Aug 13 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Keep Selling Your Shares [View article]
    It depends on the lot for long shares. I tend to add monthly, although sometimes my "rules" dictate that I wait. I buy shares and not options when I add monthly and the rule is at or under the 50 day moving average only. This keeps me from buying 40 cents above or something if that happens to come when the funds hit my account.... auto purchase I am not a fan of.

I'm not all that interested in digging out every purchase and breaking it down but it should be easy enough for anyone to go back and see how a "buy at or under the 50 day" would have worked considering funds hit on the first of the month in equal amounts over the years. Honestly only a few purchases are negative here. Everything else is green. It's all relative.

The options stuff I just use as leverage. Due to expirations I have to sell at some point and move the funds .... this year I sold the calls at profit and bought shares. As SIRI went down I had three points where I exited the shares and bought calls as I felt SIRI became more and more oversold. Near $3 I bought a very large number of shares (to me) as I felt the stock had bottomed, on agreement with another individual.

I've disclosed all this along the way anyways, and it's disclosed in every article.

My August 16th calls were probably a bad move. I am guessing I'll miss the move I expected this week by a few days. C'est la vie.
    Aug 13 12:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Does EPS Matter? [View article]
    1. Exactly.

2. I agree and I often steer clear of getting sucked into discussions which I feel are heading down a road of over analysis. Value most certainly is in the eye of the beholder.

3. While the vast majority of what I hold is in SIRI I agree for most that it would not make sense to invest so much. Diversification is helpful to many, though if we are limited to investing in what we know we may not hold a large number of different stocks. The growth rate is not particularly problematic in my opinion. Some things will weigh on that in the near term, especially the share buyback plan, and some slowdown of growth on a percentage basis is to be expected on a sub service that will eventually approach critical mass anyways. Many expected SIRI to plateau by now... not many expected SIRI to continue to add over a million subs a year... certainly not approaching 2 million. All that talk about churn and how many people were "not satisfied" with the service from people that have no clue what they are talking about.... Anyways, I could rant but I'll stop there.

4. Thank you. And while I have your attention please accept my apology for my brief dismissive comments last year Re: "cheerleader for the bulls" I took it as disrespect so I was disrespectful right back. Hard to tell the way something is meant through text and I have very little patience with commenters until I know them well. I like the way you think, even if I may not agree with all points.
    Aug 13 12:18 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Does EPS Matter? [View article]
    Thank you for taking the time to post your dissenting opinion.

You may have missed the part when I mentioned that EPS does matter but it is a first step only.

Regarding Radio Shack, that has no bearing here as the similarities between the companies begins and ends at "they have both bought back some of their stock." Waste of time to go down that black hole to nowhere.
    Aug 13 12:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Does EPS Matter? [View article]
    PLUG? Similar share prices at some point does not make two companies comparable in other ways.

I don't think I over analyze. Then again I haven't really given much thought to whether or not I over analyze either... ;)
    Aug 13 09:36 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why I Want You To Keep Selling Your Shares [View article]
    "Well, dyeing your hair just might have something to do with people's perception of your "appear young". Not sure what you're going for, but I do have an idea."

If that idea is to um... increase my "market value" among certain demographics then that idea would be correct....

I was going gray at 14 anyways. Not ready to pull an Anderson Cooper (that guy was gray when we watched him on that experimental homeroom news service ChannelOne we had installed in high school....).
    Aug 13 12:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment