Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM: Get Ready For The $4 Crowd [View article]
    You're welcome :) Thanks for putting up with my um... harshness.

I think you picked a reasonable time to exit. Were I trading (and I may) I would be getting an itchy trigger finger here on the sell button, though I wouldn't be surprised at this point to see it take itself on up to that $4 area.

But having just got 35 cents in 2 weeks, waiting for 15 more may seem a bit greedy in the very short term.

Can't argue with the chart, though... the 20 SMA on the 60 min chart has held the line for the entire advance. Pretty strong so far especially with all the messages I have gotten from those who were waiting and have sold on this move up... not getting many messages that people have added or bought.

But hey... someone(s) must be buying, right? :)

I'm looking forward to the updated institutional holdings due in a few days so I can see what % is left of retail.

Considering the decreased short position as well... retail has absolutely flooded out of SIRI as it dragged along.
    Feb 11, 2015. 11:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Get Ready For The $4 Crowd [View article]
    I wouldn't pay it much mind. It's pre earnings data.
    Feb 10, 2015. 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Get Ready For The $4 Crowd [View article]
    No dividend. Please read the quarterly and annul reports. It specifically states in there that there are no expectations of a dividend. This is ABSOLUTELY THE WRONG STOCK to be in if you want a dividend, hope for a dividend, desire a dividend, would like to see a dividend, etc etc etc. There are so many other stocks out there which pay a dividend if one wants a dividend.

Not being mean! :D Just ... no dividend, period. It really isn't even worth thinking about or discussing.

Can just sell some shares anyways if one wants a dividend and get the same effect. For instance if at $3.75 you wanted a $0.25 dividend which would make your shares worth $3.50, you can get the exact same effect by cashing out of approximately 6.7% of your holdings.
    Feb 10, 2015. 02:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Get Ready For The $4 Crowd [View article]
    Mel didn't sell to LMCA.

No reverse split. It does not make any sense to do one for any reason unless it is done as part of another move and can be rolled into that move. Why go through the mess of a reverse split?

Please see the thousands of comments over the years about this on my various articles. Especially this :

Feb 10, 2015. 02:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts Heading Into Earnings [View article]
    The problem with an auto maker going with an Apple monopoly in the dash or an Android monopoly in the dash is the "or"

Polarized camps. How much is Apple going to pay the auto maker to exclude those unwilling to switch platforms from Android? Is that worth it for streaming music? =/

Doubt it. Else it would have been done already.
    Feb 10, 2015. 02:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts Heading Into Earnings [View article]
    I really don't mean offense here but I absolutely can not follow with your stylistic way of writing.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

So 200 million cars is a GLOBAL number and not a US number?

I can't process this. I can't. The problem in understanding may be with me but your problem will be in delivering this in simple language which I can process if you wish to have back and forth communication.

You don't have to change it up... but without doing so I'm just going to remain lost here as to what you are attempting to say.
    Feb 9, 2015. 08:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts Heading Into Earnings [View article]
    Car as the remote HUB office for the family home? Huh?

5 years away?

200 million cars in 5 years? 7, even? 200 million remote HUB offices for the family home on the road?

Nope. Not even a "I don't think so." It is an absolute 100% impossibility. They don't even sell enough new cars per year to reach 100 million, if every single one of them was a remote HUB office for the family home.

It's not happening.
    Feb 9, 2015. 04:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Get Ready For The $4 Crowd [View article]
    Been that way for years. For some the convenience is worth it. For some it is not.
    Feb 9, 2015. 01:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Get Ready For The $4 Crowd [View article]
    Not this year.
    Feb 9, 2015. 01:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Get Ready For The $4 Crowd [View article]
    You will not get a dividend. It says clearly in the Quarterly / Annual that they do not expect to issue a dividend. Wishes and fishes and horses and beggars and all that.

It hasn't been between 3 and 4 for 3 years. It didn't hit 3 until 2013. It's 2015.
    Feb 9, 2015. 01:11 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Get Ready For The $4 Crowd [View article]
    "The whole article is just one man's opinion on investor behavior with a chart thrown in for good measure to make it look official."

Yes! All articles are the opinion of the author! Excellent analysis of the analysis! :D
    Feb 9, 2015. 01:03 PM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Might Be Due For A Breakout [View article]
    As I said, you have no power. You'll "have" nothing which I do not decide to let you have :)
    Feb 8, 2015. 09:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts Heading Into Earnings [View article]
    I guess... =/ I don't see video as important in the vehicle. I just don't. So I am not on board with that.

I also do not understand this talk of "wifi". Cars with this "wifi" are just using yet another data connection and making it into a hotspot, like any smart phone is capable of doing without a separate subscription. Are they calling it "wifi" because the car takes the incoming 4G signal and then turning it into "wifi"? What's the big deal? Why would I pay for this and another data sub when my phone can do this and has done this for years? Makes no sense. At all. Unless it's a simplicity issue.

20-200 million is what, 15 years away at today's sales rate and estimated fluctuations? Who cares right now? =/

Anyways no I'm not on board with the video thing. Sirius doesn't need to do this. I don't think everyone has the same expectation. How am I going to watch video while driving, legally? So... who cares about video if I can't do it?

Perhaps in 15 years cars will drive themselves (Fat chance IMHO)... but still... 15 years... good lord that's an eternity to consider...
    Feb 8, 2015. 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts Heading Into Earnings [View article]
    Well, thank you for your patience with me as well :) Good luck this week. Don't think you'll need it...
    Feb 8, 2015. 01:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Thoughts Heading Into Earnings [View article]
    When they have to :)

You're not detaching if you're talking "we"... you need to detach... Sell. $3.85 area if it gets there next week.

Or you can hold... but after so much complaining and talk of how it's a terrible company run by terrible people and a terrible stock, I can't fathom why you would.

Can wait for the $4's but is it worth waiting for 3 or 4 % gain over, say, $3.87. How long do you feel it would take to get there. Could just flip a bunch of other stocks in the meantime and make more... or so everyone says :) (just don't listen to the Metals and Miners guy with Goldfinger as his pic... my guess is he got hammered...)
    Feb 7, 2015. 11:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment