Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • A Possible Liberty Media Strategy For Its Sirius Dividend [View article]
    I'm not using the right term then. I mean can a negotiation be made for SIRI to buy the bonds back for their value in shares and interest or extra shares? Write the amount above the $1000 as a loss / interest / whatever?

I'm certainly no accountant... just trying to think outside the box here. Similar thinking allowed me to expect the first forward before it was announced... even if I didn't really reference it as a "forward."
    Dec 7 06:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora, The Underpants Gnomes, And Sirius XM [View article]
    I had written an article about shorting P and buying SIRI with the funds earlier in the year when SIRI was floating sub $2 which didn't make it through editing. Kinda wish I had rewritten it and removed the controversial stuff so I could reference it now...

though I probably wouldn't have taken my own advice yet again :P lol
    Dec 7 06:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora, The Underpants Gnomes, And Sirius XM [View article]
    Honestly one can say anything which is expected is "baked in." I honestly hate the term... and try to use it sparingly.

I don't think Q4 results are as widely expected to be impressive.
    Dec 7 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora, The Underpants Gnomes, And Sirius XM [View article]
    "Sirius XM's simplified business plan"

If you want to add more information you're free to do that in the comments, and you did! :)
    Dec 7 06:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora, The Underpants Gnomes, And Sirius XM [View article]
    "no matter the business model, if some good decisions aren't made along side that, the model can still fail "

Agree
    Dec 7 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora, The Underpants Gnomes, And Sirius XM [View article]
    lol you're welcome :)
    Dec 7 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora, The Underpants Gnomes, And Sirius XM [View article]
    Especially if you have to sit without underpants :P
    Dec 7 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora, The Underpants Gnomes, And Sirius XM [View article]
    It's funny... with SIRI I don't find much use for P but if I did not use SIRI? I'd take P over terrestrial any day... and I'd gladly pay to get rid of the commercials.

There has to be a happy medium they can find.

Watching that WOW episode now... as someone who played Everquest more than I should have, I'm sure I'll find this funny :P
    Dec 7 06:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora, The Underpants Gnomes, And Sirius XM [View article]
    You stay away from my underpants....
    Dec 7 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora, The Underpants Gnomes, And Sirius XM [View article]
    These things were widely expected. The "news" is priced in and not a surprise at all. 5 cents isn't going to drive buyers for the dividend only (the daily risk is more than a 5 cent swing). Let the "news" become action and work. This will require patience, but should lend support on the bottom end of the price.
    Dec 7 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Possible Liberty Media Strategy For Its Sirius Dividend [View article]
    Neglected the tax! good catch!

Could SIRI offer early redemption / interest at par value of shares in place of the bonus if the holders agreed?
    Dec 7 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM : Liberty's Ultimate Plans May Catapult Share Price [View article]
    Sometimes it's interesting to dig up corpses just to see how rotten they've truly become :P Terrible calls abound... We'll all have hits and misses but for one to have so many misses is quite telling :)
    Dec 7 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM And Pandora: The Great Race To $5 Per Share [View article]
    I am not so sure that resolution of fiscal issues will help here... and I don't think it's really advertiser confidence that is a problem. Why is this same concern not coming from other companies which pull most / all of their revenue from advertising? I think the problem runs a bit deeper than the fiscal cliff issue.

But really it's a bunch of guesswork beyond the face value statements. Because it's all so uncertain, I think Pandora is hands off or short until a bull case is proven.
    Dec 6 11:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Continues To Disappoint [View article]
    That's fair :)
    Dec 6 11:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Possible Liberty Media Strategy For Its Sirius Dividend [View article]
    Jack.

Early conversion of these has the same basic result as holding to completion, from the standpoint of SIRI cash.

If they convert early the holders get bonus shares based on price of SIRI at conversion, which roughly equals the remaining amount due to the holders for interest.

It's a wash for SIRI either way. Arguably it is better to get them taken care of sooner rather than later. It's not "bad" in any sense.
    Dec 6 05:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment