Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Sirius XM: Liberty's Fast And Slow Moves [View article]
    I can't guess 5 years out... I mean, I can, but it'd just be a blind shot in the dark unfortunately. Hard enough to guess this thing over the course of a year ;)
    Jan 10, 2013. 07:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    I am not sure if there would be sufficient demand in home to warrant advertising.
    Jan 9, 2013. 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]

Regarding Howard Stern... I became a SIRI sub to follow him from terrestrial. I drive a lot during the week and couldn't manage with "just music" and especially not with worthless DJs and commercials cluttering up everything. I was not disappointed in Howard's show once he moved (actually I liked it better).

Would I cancel SIRI if howard left? Unlikely. I have found enough content there to keep me interested. I also think his potential for not renewing is far enough into the future that it's not too much of an issue right now. I don't tend to look that far down the road (why bother? I can sell the stock *now* if I want to ... so I see little value in entertaining maybe this or that which is years out.) Will subs leave? Sure. Will it reduce income to a greater extent than Howard costs SIRI? Not sure. One day we'll find out!

Stay sane... ;)
    Jan 9, 2013. 05:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    It was approved and has been expected for a long time now. Shouldn't change share value on the control shift alone, no.
    Jan 9, 2013. 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    You're welcome Frankie and the same to you was well :)
    Jan 9, 2013. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Liberty's Fast And Slow Moves [View article]
    I think CRB rates came in better than the street expected. Other numbers appear as expected.

$3.30 is a matter of momentum and technicals. I think it still has room to move up here, though catalysts may be few until the earnings call gives some explanations on guidance. Consider the market is shifting bullish as well from the recent bear run Nov - Jan 1st.

It's really just a matter of patience, in my opinion. Watch the 50 day for support / buy points long term.
    Jan 9, 2013. 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Liberty's Fast And Slow Moves [View article]
    Hmm... I guess that can be read two different ways :P

They are not "taking their time" because they feel the share price will depreciate.

Meaning they are taking their time because they (likely) feel the share price will remain stable or appreciate and that they can run buybacks carefully so as not to over leverage SIRI in the short term.
    Jan 9, 2013. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Liberty's Fast And Slow Moves [View article]
    Everyone has their own spin on everything, including yours truly. Good to get differing opinions if they are well backed, and CN backs his opinions quite well :)
    Jan 9, 2013. 02:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Liberty's Fast And Slow Moves [View article]
    They're not taking their time because they feel the share price will depreciate ;) something to keep in mind going forward....
    Jan 9, 2013. 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    I wouldn't move to LMCA because I don't want LMCA. If you're investing in SIRI I believe you should invest in SIRI. LMCA has "other things" going on which one needs to follow. Maybe I'm lazy :)
    Jan 9, 2013. 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    I don't know WHY I am even bothering here but ...

what in the world are you talking about wwtimewarp?
    Jan 9, 2013. 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    You will always find individuals pressuring you to take profits and run for every investment :)

I just think SIRI is as simple as that chart, though it can be made more complex to suit the needs of various investors. There are a lot of moving parts to SIRI that can be zeroed in on.

Thank God for that right? I mean... how else would we get something to write about every day or two? :) lol
    Jan 9, 2013. 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    I wouldn't sell. SIRI always guides conservatively.
    Jan 9, 2013. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]

2 million 2012. Guidance 2013 1.4... (keep in mind the GM shift Spencer spoke of here!!!!) Good to see.

Funny how the market dumped out about 10 million shares on this. ;) Perhaps they haven't been paying attention to Spencer. I'm glad I did :)
    Jan 9, 2013. 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Simply One Of 2013's Best Investments [View article]
    You're welcome siriusenough2012 :)
    Jan 9, 2013. 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment