Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Sirius XM: $3.42 Brought To You In Part By 380 Million Shorts [View article]
    It was a quote from a previous article.
    May 10, 2013. 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.42 Brought To You In Part By 380 Million Shorts [View article]
    People still saying sell in May. I dunno... seems like people been saying sell sell sell... always the next scary thing coming for days and weeks and months and years now. I just don't see it... Will deal with a decline when it comes :) Everything goes up and down. You have to be on the money with UVXY or you'll just lose the insurance you buy with it.

Technicals look good on SIRI. Ascending triangle. Looks like a strong one at that. Money flow in, etc. Don't see much reason to sell.
    May 10, 2013. 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.42 Brought To You In Part By 380 Million Shorts [View article]
    You're welcome Jimmy
    May 10, 2013. 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $3.42 Brought To You In Part By 380 Million Shorts [View article]
    Thanks heady :)
    May 10, 2013. 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    Not really... I am almost 100% Jan 2014 $2's and $2.50's . As I said before I'd likely scale from these when I feel the price has hit the higher end of the next range (which we are now in) and go back to shares... maybe sell short term covered calls vs. them a month out. Depends on what I could get for them. Really need to see end prices delineated first.
    May 6, 2013. 08:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Why The Shares Are Jumping [View article]
    Don't hinge too much on my comment regarding the possibility of $4 by end of June. While it can run that high, yes, I think more reasonable pricing will be found in a new range here as yet to be delineated... roughly $3.25 to about $3.60 would be my "guess."

I'm long, but if the stock goes to $4 a share without new developments I very well may sell, as I still do not see much beyond $4.25 by year's end, and even then that's a "hit" and not so much a measure of where I expect the average to be.

Need more info... need to see how much they buy back, what prices, how SIRI does in the background, etc. Nothing says I won't raise it as the year end gets closer as I did last year from 2.75 to 3. Prefer being a bit more on the conservative side (although some would say I am anything but! ;)
    May 5, 2013. 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    Let the price drop ;) I'll buy more, and SIRI can buy more.... just let it rebound before my options run out in Jan eh? if I haven't moved from the options to shares by then....
    May 3, 2013. 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    Not really because the market cap doesn't have to increase in order for the share price to increase if you remove shares. If Sirius XM is able to remove 30% of its shares over 10 years for instance, then the market cap would be $56.64 billion but the share price would be $12.45 and share count around 4.5 billion give or take.

I don't like to guess beyond a year or two though, much less 10 years. The graph here is for example purposes and should be used as a generalization.

It's really not as simple as taking current market cap and plugging it into a compound interest formula at 15%, which I would guess is what you did (though even if you did that it's only about 86 billion... trying to figure out how you get "well over 90 billion"... you're off by about 10 billion here at least....).
    May 3, 2013. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    Were it a significant trend I would be concerned.
    May 3, 2013. 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    Don't think I said they would use it all, just that it was available to use.

Graphs modeled each 500 mil block, for 1 bil total.
    May 3, 2013. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    I don't know... I am not convinced LMCA is looking to sell back so fast. They could sell them direct to SIRI.

Look at it this way... 40,000 shares at 5 cents was worth about 2 grand.... nothing to be scared to death about at that point ;) most ya coulda lost was $2k!... it was the ride down that hurt from 4 to .05 lol...
    May 3, 2013. 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    In a way... though that discounts a lot, the basic idea is reasonable.
    May 3, 2013. 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    Well I don't see much historical resistance until the $4 area. It's really hard to say. Arguably it is preferable that SIRI does not run too far ahead of itself if the company is buying back. I'd like to see the stock drag between 3.25 and 3.50 so SIRI can pick up more shares lower... Will have to see how this all pans out. If I had to pick a hard number I'd say $3.60 or so for a crest... but really it's a shot in the dark.

When I hear "Sell in May and go away" I think of children easily amused and taught by things that rhyme. When it comes from adults .... well... =/ I don't put a lot of faith in the idea that every year that happens.

There are trades on SIRI but I can't tell you where they are. It's by the minute type stuff and I'd really do a disservice to longer term investors offering trading opinions. I did write that 3.25 would be resistance and that 2.97 was a steal, though... so read between the lines and hopefully I provide some good tradeable info.

P.S. I'm a terrible trader :P
    May 3, 2013. 09:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    Thanks LaFiere :)
    May 3, 2013. 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Hold On, $3.50 Is In Sight [View article]
    Those voices can be annoying can't they?...
    May 3, 2013. 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment