Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    Then I shall ensure Apple sees 0!
    Jan 26, 2013. 12:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    Hard to say where it becomes overbought again! I think that's a long ways away..... still hasn't bottomed here yet in my opinion. Ask me once it turns back up :)
    Jan 25, 2013. 11:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    I may consider that JF. Thanks :)
    Jan 25, 2013. 11:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    I'm not sure where you're going with this. Apple will take over the world, perhaps? Apple will make the next big thing, and the next, and the next?

Just relax.... Apple will show you the way! ;)
    Jan 25, 2013. 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    But it didn't take me a while to understand the iPod and iPhone. As I explained it was my dislike for Apple from the 80's and 90's which kept me from investing when I saw winning products. iPod and iPhone were glaringly obvious right out of the box as sure fire winners and Apple was the company which got those technologies mostly right. I was a fool not to invest in the company at the time. Even with the small amount of capital I had back in 2004 I'd have turned that into over $1,000,000 today had I simply bought Apple stock, and probably far more had I continued to buy with my monthly contributions on through the iPhone right up to 5's release.

I would love to believe they can still innovate. I have personal issues with the company and how they approach things and I still think that unless they change strategy in some ways they will fall out of favor given time (something I may cover in an article... too much to go on about here) but I don't doubt that they can yet again wow the world with some new tech. I just can't "see" it yet... maybe I need Google's new HMD for that ;) (kidding...)

Like you I have an awful lot of respect for what Apple has accomplished. They've executed extremely well and have been rewarded handsomely for doing so (and investors who have believed in them all along are sitting pretty right now even with the recent pull back). I tend to think that even without that shiny new toy, they can monetize existing products to great extent, and thus around current pricing is an extreme value play.
    Jan 25, 2013. 11:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    It's a matter of preference.

"Windows works, but anyone loving Microsoft needs to get a life. "

How in the world do I respond to that? ;) I guess I could get drawn into the OSX / Windows debate but it's really not the point here, and that's a black hole for anyone foolish enough to enter. Heard the arguments enough to understand that everyone loses.
    Jan 25, 2013. 11:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    In my opinion you are reading this correctly, yes. Though I do not feel that they will convert (if they do) in time to lower the outstanding short count in time for the next reporting session.
    Jan 25, 2013. 11:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    The holders need to file within days of the fundamental change. If it has happened and the holders convert then we will see a filing. Until or unless that happens I would assume the holders have not converted to shares.

Regardless of whether or not this is the case, it does nothing to unhedged shorts which is the primary issue here. Hedged are of no consequence and do not present future purchasing pressure. I'll amend my statement (though it really isn't needed) to state that I would expect, at the next reporting of short data, for unhedged positions to have increased.
    Jan 25, 2013. 11:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    I can only handle ww in small doses. He's a mini Duke :p. I dont see change of control provisions being activated in the next 2 trading days so yes I see the count higher when next released.
    Jan 25, 2013. 09:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Shorts Play Into Liberty's Hands, Again [View article]
    As the price increases and time increases the bonus decreases... bad idea to short bonus shares that are not static in nature as time is guaranteed to increase and the share price is likely to increase so the bonus is likely to decrease, losing the hedge.
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    Eh... not really. I could show you mp3 players before ipod. I could show you smartphones before iPhone. Apple just did them right.
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    Could be. I know quite a few who have eyes on that entry point.
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    Patience is a virtue :)
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    I have a copy of 8 on my desk right now.... for some reason I have no interest in installing it.
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'd Pay $400 For 'This Apple' [View article]
    I saw the iPod in 1998 ... I swear! My problem was my bias and that I didn't want Apple to get that one. Apple may have a new breakthrough tech soon but I am having a hard time seeing what that may be.... then again, who am I, eh ? ;)
    Jan 25, 2013. 08:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment