Stephen Faulkner

View Stephen Faulkner's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Sirius XM: Caught Between Apple, Google, Amazon And A Hard Place [View article]
    "That's funny, wasn't it you, WSP, who wrote an article awhile back about how Apple SHOULD buy Sirius?"

I need to stop drinking chocolate milk while reading these comments! Ends in disaster every time.

To answer your question... yes he did. :)
    Jun 30 03:57 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: $4 Per Share Will Depend On Q2 Report [View article]
    You can laugh. It's ok :)
    Jun 27 01:47 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Apple And Amazon Take Down Sirius XM? [View article]
    "This is the type of stuff we have to tolerate with the legalization of marijuana! lol"

Jun 24 03:09 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Short Interest Explodes By 56% Over The Past 2 Weeks [View article]
    Uhhh.... ok?
    Jun 12 10:36 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Buyback Return Requires Long-Term Horizon [View article]
    Figure 15% a year or so (and I think that's relatively conservative). If you want to track the bottom track from $3 here and carry forward. If you want to track tops track about $4.50 here and carry forward.

So $3.50 EOY (use end of Jan 2015) and $5, then $4 / $5.75 for 2016 Jan, etc.

Obviously historical supports and resistances based on EV/ EBITDA ratios can change with company perception and effect with the buyback should start somewhat of a curve over several years. You'll want to measure the market sentiment as well, keep an eye on auto sales, churn, conversions, etc etc etc. Just understand SIRI health related to size and growth % ... and at the same time try to understand the market may misunderstand SIRI health related to size and growth %.

If you want an exit you may wish to exit near last year's high (I expect it will reach there again this year) or if you want to chance it and wait for top end then you'll look for about $4.80 to $5 (leave some for the other guy). Certainly this is the buy area around $3, not the sell area. Only people I'd suggest sell here are those who are at wits end / unstable as I'd prefer they move on to something else anyways.

I am not sure I would be in SIRI if I expected to be dead in 10 years. If I expected that, I'd probably be spending it all before Mr. Grim Reaper came to collect his dues. When that time comes I'll be happy if I have but a single penny left in my pocket, and I'll smile when I give it to him :)
    May 21 01:47 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Reverse Split Request Denied [View article]
    I do not think you read the article.
    May 6 10:12 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Important Points In The Q1 Report You May Have Missed [View article]
    Amp, you emailed me long ago stating you had to trade, were out of work and on unemployment, wanted to work the stock and make extra money, etc etc.

You'll remember back then I told you I couldn't offer you advice on that. Since then I have suggested you sell your entire position multiple times.

Instead of selling your position, you hold, and if it drags or goes down you post the same or similar things to the above. "Wish I had sold" "Stock is dead" etc. etc.

Do yourself a huge favor. Sell your SIRI shares and get out and if you are depressed then please seek professional help. You are the poster child for the wannabe trader.

Traders, longs, shorts, they can all make money and will all have different perspectives and timeframes. Don't look to the long term buy on the dips guy (me) for trading or short advice. I feel like I have to keep saying this to you.

Wise up.
    Apr 29 10:50 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    Unfortunately I can't press your "like" button for how many times I would have liked to press the "dislike" button on those spewing trader talk saying longs haven't made any money in the past few years, it was a mistake to be long, easy to make money elsewhere, blah blah blah :P
    Apr 18 05:47 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It The Right Time To Buy Sirius XM? [View article]
    "A lot of us have seen siri rise from the dead, and always expected someday to see a major breakout."

Anyone looking for a "major breakout" with SIRI is going to be disappointed. It might make good moves in short times (especially from oversold levels, 1.27, 1.80, etc) but a major breakout? What the heck would be the catalyst for such a thing? Please explain why you felt you would get a "major breakout" in SIRI.

"I'd say over the last 2 years anyone holding this stock could have done much better elsewhere, but because too many of us tenaciously hold on and focus on this holding we are becoming extremely myopic. And that is not a good. x"

45% return holding for 2 years. You're joking right? Anyone could have done much better elsewhere? Seriously. ARE YOU JOKING? You mention SCHM but that is up 41%.

You come to the boards and run around suggesting people flit in and out with you. A little here, a little there... sell this buy that etc. All fine, but don't make stuff up. If you held SIRI for 2 years you have outperformed the market, even if you can cherry pick other time frames that it has not.

"Are you also investing elsewhere? I believe an investment of over $60,000 would produce just as well or better and safer. Siri has gone up 5%ish over the last year while a no brain-er (and historically safe) ETF like SCHM is up 25%ish"

Yeahhhh good idea. Sell what you feel is undervalued and buy SCHM. Sounds like jojopuppyfish is making the right move if he feels SIRI is undervalued.

Have you sold your SIRI you bought above these levels, edward? Is there a reason you purchased SIRI within the last month vs. buying SCHM with those funds? Is there a reason you're attempting to discourage people from buying SIRI lower than your purchase price?

If SIRI was $5 and had outperformed, would you suggest people buy it and sell SCHM? ;) If SIRI was $2 a share and had no appreciation in 2 years would you suggest people sell it?
    Apr 18 05:30 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Holdings: On The Way To New Highs? [View article]
    "This was about the only negative in their whole presentation, but that is what put downward pressure on the price."

Is it? Are you sure it has nothing to do with the deal on the table and LMCA going down, and the expectations of the valuation of the offer (if it were to go through) and the resulting valuation if SIRI shares?

Until this deal is off the table or completed, expect SIRI to be locked with LMCA's share price (exactly as it has been).
    Feb 6 04:49 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Holdings: On The Way To New Highs? [View article]
    Write offs.

Feb 6 12:25 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Investors Vs. Users: $27 For One Share, Or $23+ Per Month [View article]
    I don't forget... how many vehicles are you juggling on your commute? I have a Lynx portable which can move from vehicle to vehicle so the usage is similar (albeit you have to get another antenna for a separate car... but SIRI has sent me these for free after a simple phone call).

If you are referring to a husband / wife heading to work seperately, double the data for Pandora. I guess I am not quite sure you thought about what you just threw out there.

Some real world tests come in at half Verizon's estimates, yes. It's likely that this is due to Pandora's lower quality option or user's lower quality connections forcing lower quality audio to provide for a smooth experience.

I did a real world test some time ago and found with the good quality audio that data usage fell more in line with Verizon / AT+T's estimates. Regardless, it is not free by any stretch of the imagination.
    Nov 12 08:15 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It's Time To Move Above $3.84 [View article]
    "I don't read your articles because you are just a cheerleader for the company."

Just because you preclude a statement with :

"please don't take offense"

Does not mean what you say is not offensive.

I will be critical (vocally) when I feel that being critical is necessary.

Your comment history shows that you are constantly urging investors to sell... take profits, etc. July, May, April... you sold at bunch of shares at a buck, etc. It's fine to sell, but what's with the constant suggestion that everyone else sell as well? Validation? What do you say to the guy who sold at $3 in April due to your suggestion and your constant postings of concerns and criticisms? "Good call old chap! Always prudent to take your money off the table!"

I know I know... I'm just a cheerleader. Stupid really, and not worth a read ! Much better to read those "smart" ideas that everyone should always sell and take that money clean off the table.

Please, by all means, don't take offense. Just sayin'
    Aug 7 06:57 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: It Seems The Buyback Has Started [View article]
    nino you have been saying malone has done back door deals on the siri buybacks but this has not happened. You said it the other day as well.... Unless you have some sort of proof that Malone has a deal in place on the buybacks, knock it off. And even if he does it's the same... shares removed. Doesn't matter where they are bought from and EVEN BETTER if they are bought in a deal at a fixed price than if they are bought back at higher pricing. I understand you're trying to scare the longs that have held... but man, give it a rest!
    Mar 27 10:50 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM In Serious Trouble As Mobile Revolution Gives Rise To Social Radio [View article]
    Daniel is filtering content!

These are not cheerleaders and ignorant fools, Daniel (I am sure there are some.. but few.) You came into this highly unprepared to deal with the very knowledgeable community of SIRI longs. You MUST be more educated than your intended audience if you wish to debate them. Having an opinion and a chip on your shoulder is not sufficient.
    Mar 5 05:25 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment