Stephen J Melnykevich

View Stephen J Melnykevich's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What's Your (Dividend Growth) Number?: Part 4 - Creating And Surpassing Goals [View article]
    Absolutely love this article. Keeps the young guys like myself motivated. At 30 years old and with a portfolio pushing 50K with about 1K yearly dividends I can't wait for the next 30 years.
    Jul 9 11:17 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris: Buy The Dip? [View article]
    precisely my plan as well. If anything I may let monthly contributions accumulate for 1-3 months then purchase but I never hold cash for more than 3-4 months.

I'm eyeing V, GILD, and additions to AFL, BP, and CVX. Even with a charging bull there are stocks that are still good values.
    Jul 8 11:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Has A Realistic Path To $100 [View article]
    What are the chances that it will ever issue a dividend? Is this a pure growth play with no intentions to offer dividends?

Looking to start a position at current valuation. Looks promising.
    Jul 8 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IPhone 6 Sapphire Cover Screens Confirmation May Be Imminent [View instapost]
    Matt,

Your price target of 87.50 is for what time frame? By Jan 2015, after AAPL product announcement, etc?
    Jul 2 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Of J.M. Smucker Company [View article]
    I have always been tempted to add this to my portfolio just because it's my initials.

DD + Initials = potential purchase.
    Jul 2 06:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Multistage Rocket Model For A Dividend Growth Stock Portfolio [View article]
    That's right. I completely mixed you two up. My apologies.
    Jun 30 10:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    RAS,

In a unrelated topic. Is it January yet? Looking forward to your 2015 book.
    Jun 26 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joe B,

Precisely.
    Jun 25 11:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    RAS,

To clarify I meant 20-30 yrs before I begin to take some of the dividends to use as income as I will be approaching retirement years by either keeping all dividends distributed or re-investing part of the distributions.

I didn't mean it as an insult rather that there aren't many of us "Millennial DGIs"
    Jun 25 11:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Joseph,

That is exactly the equity that I am currently building a position in and meets the criteria I laid out with RAS.

RAS,

I completely understand. I tend to be vague and short in my comments. My time frame runs 20-30 years which is in stark contrast to many DGI as only a few of us are young where we see decades ahead of us.
    Jun 22 10:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    @RAS

My definition of "best" is highest value that in 10 years will provide both dividend growth and capital appreciation over 10-15% p/year.
    Jun 19 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What is the best DGI value currently in the market?

I'd say V with AAPL close behind followed by the oils (CVX, BP, XOM in that order with CVX being best value)
    Jun 18 07:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's P/E Multiple Is An Anomaly [View article]
    Great comment thread over the last 24 hours. Thoroughly enjoy the comments.

To add to the stream. The one flaw in both of your statements is the fact that on a valuation basis AAPL is valued below almost every other peer in the sector despite being the best of breed. Why is this and why shouldn't AAPL be valued by at least the avg of the peer group if not a premium?
    Jun 17 06:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Get $1,000 Annual Dividends From Royal Dutch Shell In 2024 [View article]
    Here is their response. Confirms a lot of what is discussed in earlier comments.

" Hi Stephen,

I'm here to answer your questions! To confirm, Royal Dutch Shell has their dividend reinvestment for RDS-B scheduled to invest in RDS-A class shares. As noted on their Investor Relations page, 'Only A Shares will be issued under the Programme, including Shareholders who currently hold only B shares.' Click here to read Royal Dutch Shell's Scrip Dividend Programme Q&A. Also, dividend reinvestment is still free.

Now, some corporations offer their own dividend reinvestment programs, called DRIPs. You can always follow up with Royal Dutch Shell's Investor Relations to determine if they have such a program, which may allow you to receive RDS-B shares for future reinvestment's.

Speaking of dividends, did you know you can check or track any dividends right from our website? Just head over to Research and enter a symbol in the Get Quote box. On the Detailed Quote page, click on Charts > Events > Dividends > View. You'll find a chart with recent and coming dividends listed with dates and amounts. You can even track your recent buys and sells using these charts. Thought you'd like to know.

Note: You can mouse over the Purple D's on the chart, which show dividend per share, ex-date and expected pay date.

Also, since you love dividend paying stocks such as (AFL, CVX, JNJ ect.). If you are ever looking for fresh ideas, make sure to check out our popular screen called Divvy Up the Dividends. Just head to Research > Stocks > and youll find this popular search engine. Here youll find companies in the S & P 500 that traditionally pay higher dividends. Youll find other popular searches listed to the right.

I hope this information helps. Have a great rest of your week Stephen. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. "
    Jun 17 06:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the responses. I emailed Sharebuilder directly and will update with their response as soon as I get one.
    Jun 16 10:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment