Stephen J Melnykevich

View Stephen J Melnykevich's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why It's A Mistake To Raise Cash For Fear Of A Market Crash [View article]
    I agree with everything Chowder said. Everything.

My current cash position is like $31, so needless to say I am just studying valuations until my next contribution in Jan 2014.
    Dec 26 09:20 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing: Misguided And Doing It All Wrong [View article]
    C,

Too many ladies out there.

SJM
    Dec 22 12:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing: Misguided And Doing It All Wrong [View article]
    Great article, I throroughly enjoyed reading it tonight.

I invest in JNJ, KO, Pm which a lot of you agree with.

I also invest in LGF, and AAPL which a lot of you might disagree with.

When it comes down to it, I hope I make money to live reasonably in the future and I hope all your choices allow you to do the same and more.
    Dec 19 10:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing: Misguided And Doing It All Wrong [View article]
    Actually, I am just now realizing the corniness of my comment.

I guess I'm having remorse. haha
    Dec 19 10:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing: Misguided And Doing It All Wrong [View article]
    Does being a Dr. of Love count?

Wait, no ! I shouldn't let that get out there. I can't possibly share my knowledge with all the ladies.

Btw, I finished both on top and bottom in my class.
    Dec 19 10:07 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: Cheaper Than You'd Think [View article]
    It's great. Same thing happened with AAPL and I got in about 6-12 months before the KO split as well.

DGI has been great to me. Love it.
    Dec 19 10:04 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hunger Games cash going towards first-ever Lions Gate dividend [View news story]
    The start of a very good Dividend history.

Current yield is what....%1.3 so we have a bit to grow.
    Dec 19 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: Cheaper Than You'd Think [View article]
    Picked up 21 shares at $92.27. I plan to hold this stock for 30-50 years ! Finally got my JNJ added to portfolio.

As an added bonus, I just learned LGF my single Non-Dividend holding just stated today that will be starting a dividend in early 2014. Despite being about 1.3ish % it not brings my holdings to all being Dividend producing stocks.
    Dec 19 04:23 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: Cheaper Than You'd Think [View article]
    DVK,

Just curious. Where does JNJ fall on your 2014 list? I want my next purchase to be JNJ for a new core holding but I battle daily whether or not to wait for you to publish your top stocks now book. What a dilemma haha.

SJ Melnykevich

Long AFL, KO, PM, CVX, BP, AAPL, LGF
    Dec 17 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Total SA: The Unloved Dividend Of Big Oil [View article]
    "And how could you fail to mention Total's controlling stake in Sunpower? I give this article an F. "

States one who has never been a contributor to this site. What an abrasive comment.
    Dec 15 04:03 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why It's A Mistake To Hold Cash In This Market [View article]
    "My answer to that is the 20 year Japanese bear market from 1991 - 2011. "

My answer to your answer is that this is the US. A larger, more complex economy with greater imports and exports. Greater population in numbers and home to a significant amount of companies.
    Dec 13 10:15 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why It's A Mistake To Hold Cash In This Market [View article]
    I agree as well. Not a fan of the change
    Dec 13 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Do About Those Rising Stock Prices? [View article]
    Slam dunk response from my perspective!
    Dec 9 08:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Million Dollars Just Isn't What It Used To Be (Part 1) [View article]
    Appreciate all the comments and it's good to know a lot of you are have the same thinking as I do. Chowder, I especially appreciate your advice which at times is more like a good article instead of a reply. Thank you.

I will be starting a position ( 2/3) in JNJ next week after I get my monthly contribution to my ROTH IRA. If it goes up, I'll have a big start and if it goes down I'll just add to it to somewhat dollar cost average. It's a win/win and in 30 years it will be a giant oak tree as Rashbagh shared.

After that I'll have PG and V on my buying list. At least until David Van Knapp comes out with his 2014 book list and my shopping list grows by like 30.
    Dec 8 01:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Million Dollars Just Isn't What It Used To Be (Part 1) [View article]
    Chowder,

You could not have answered it better for me. I agree regarding the premium valuation as well.

I have one additional question if you don't mind. Between your portfolio and your son's portfolio when additional contributions (Not re-investments from divys as I know you invest back into the stock that distributed them like I do) become available to invest do you purchase a stock and ignore whether the markets are in a bull or bear. Or based on the potential for this bull to come to an end do you allow new money to accumulate or is your strategy different from your son who is similar in age to me.

Thanks again for the amazing reply,

Stephen J