Stephen Simpson, CFA

View Stephen Simpson, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
ABB, ABT, ACE, ACHN, ACI, ADI, ADM, AEIS, AEO, AES, AET, AEZS, AGCO, AGRO, AGXXF, AHL, ALIM, ALK, ALLAY, ALLRF, ALNY, ALU, AMED, AMRN, AMSG, AMX, ANFI, ANGO, ARAY, ARIA, ARNA, ARQL, ARWR, ASOMY, ATHN, ATK, ATLKF, ATLKY, ATML, ATRC, ATX, AUDC, AUXL, AVD, AVGO, AWH, AXAHF, AXAHY, AXAS, AXLL, AZN, AZPN, B, BA, BAC, BAK, BAM, BAS, BASFY, BBG, BBT, BDX, BIIAF, BIIB, BIP, BLERF, BLUE, BMTI, BMY, BPOP, BRCD, BRFS, BRK.B, BRSS, BSFT, BSMX, BSX, BTE, BTU, BUI, C, CAT, CBI, CBST, CBWBF, CCLAY, CE, CELG, CEO, CFX, CHEUY, CIEN, CIG, CJES, CLD, CLDX, CMI, CNAT, CODI, COG, CPHD, CPN, CPPMF, CPST, CR, CRESY, CRHKY, CRWS, CSCO, CSFL, CSII, CVGI, CVV, CVX, CYCC, CYNI, CYTR, CZZ, DAN, DBSDY, DCIN, DE, DGI, DIS, DNDN, DNR, DNSKY, DOV, DVN, DVR, EAC, EGBN, ELGX, ELN, ELP, EMR, ENDP, ENOC, ET, ETE, ETN, ETP, ETRM, EW, EXAS, EXC, EXEL, EZPW, FAST, FCE.A, FCE.B, FCFS, FCX, FEIC, FF, FHN, FIO, FIRE, FLOW, FMX, FNV, FOLD, FONR, FRX, FSM, FST, FSUGY, GALE, GBX, GCTAY, GDOT, GE, GELYY, GILD, GLEKY, GLNCY, GLT, GLW, GMAN, GMED, GNKOQ, GNRC, GRH, GSK, GTLS, GTOMY, HAL, HBIO, HBM, HELE, HLF, HLUYY, HNZ, HOGS, HOLI, HOLX, HRL, HSBC, HSP, HTWR, HURC, HW, HXM, ICUI, IIVI, ILMN, IMGN, ING, INGIY, IOSP, IPGLF, IPGP, IR, ISRG, ITRI, ITW, JCI, JCP, JNJ, JOE, JOY, JPM, JRCCQ, KDN, KEX, KGC, KMTUY, KPELY, KRFT, KUKAY, LABL, LAYN, LECO, LHCG, LIOX, LLY, LMIA, LMNR, LMNX, LND, LNVGY, LPDX, LPX, LSI, LSTMF, LUKOY, LXRX, LYSDY, LZAGY, MAKO, MAOIF, MCD, MCHP, MDLZ, MDT, MET, MIC, MIDD, MJNA, MLNX, MLR, MMP, MNTX, MOCO, MON, MRK, MRLN, MSCC, MSFT, MSM, MTGRF, MTL, MTNOY, MTSC, MTSN, MTW, MWA, MXWL, NAV, NBIX, NBL, NCR, NGVC, NKTR, NRP, NTP, NUAN, NUE, NUVA, NVDQ, NVO, NVS, NYRSY, OAS, ODFL, OGZPY, OKS, OMER, OMI, OMPI, ONNN, ORAN, ORB, OSUR, OZRK, PACB, PANW, PAY, PB, PBF, PBR, PCL, PCXCQ, PDCE, PF, PFE, PG, PKD, PLPL, PNC, POWR, PRAA, PRIM, PVD, PXGYF, QBCRF, QCOR, QSFT, RAVN, RCPT, RFMD, RGLD, RHHBY, RHT, RIGL, RVBD, RXN, S, SAN, SANW, SASR, SBMRY, SCGLY, SEIGF, SGEN, SHG, SHS, SIEGY, SLG, SLNCF, SLTM, SLXP, SNCR, SNMX, SNY, SPLK, SPN, SPW, SSH, SSI, STB, STJ, SUMR, SYK, TC, TCB, TCK, TDW, TEAR, TECH, TEVA, TIS, TITN, TKC, TKMR, TMOAY, TPLM, TQNT, TSM, TTM, TUWOY, TWGP, TWI, TYPE, UNT, UPI, UPL, URG, USB, UTEK, V, VDNRF, VICL, VIVHY, VMEM, VOCS, VOLC, VVUS, WAB, WFT, WIRE, WLFC, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WRB, WSBHF, XLP, XNPT, XPO, XRAY, YARIY, YZC, ZION, ZIOP
  • Execution Helping Hudbay Minerals Get Its Due [View article]
    I'm sorry, but no, I'm not going to go into the level of detail you request. I do not share my models at that level of detail.
    Jul 13 11:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Execution Helping Hudbay Minerals Get Its Due [View article]
    The change in valuation on Lalor and Constancia is due overwhelmingly to the change in share count after the Augusta deal.

Reed is still in my valuation. I simply did not include mention of it in the article, as I do not include the same level of detail in non-Top Idea pieces. And the debt still "features" in my valuation, again I simply did not make an explicit mention of it.
    Jul 13 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams Companies Offers Growth, Upside, And Risk [View article]
    It's not just the ownership structure; everything ETE does is complex.
    Jul 12 07:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams Companies Offers Growth, Upside, And Risk [View article]
    I just think that ETE has a more fully-developed strategy (owning GP interests of multiple MLPs), a more robust development pipeline, and a more interesting collection of assets. I also believe they have a lower cost of capital and less execution risk. As I said in my prior comment, I think WMB is moving in a direction where it will be ETE-like in the coming years.
    Jul 11 07:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Williams Companies Offers Growth, Upside, And Risk [View article]
    I think ETE is the better company. WMB is cheaper today and could become ETE-like over time. Honestly, I'd probably invest in both but I'd say WMB is the higher risk/higher reward pick today.
    Jul 11 10:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Controversial Gazprom Still Cheap, Still Risky [View article]
    It's early... the comments may show up yet...
    Jul 10 04:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Noble Energy Targeting Multiple Growth Plays [View article]
    Perhaps part of the reason is that they're not as well-quantified yet?
    Jul 9 12:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oneok Partners Still Looking At Significant Growth Opportunities [View article]
    This could be of interest for that:
    Jul 7 06:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy Transfer Partners And Equity Offer Complicated Value [View article]
    I'm sorry, but I do not reveal/discuss that level of detail in my models.
    Jul 7 10:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dover Still Excellent, But Not Currently A Bargain [View article]
    You'd think so (and I don't mean to imply that you're not serious or sincere), but those pieces don't actually do that well in terms of pageviews.

Now, doing it just because it's a good piece and it would be helpful in my own investing *IS* a good reason ... so once I knock my backlog back to a more manageable level, that's something I'm going to look into doing
    Jul 6 09:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dover Still Excellent, But Not Currently A Bargain [View article]
    Yeah, it's not a bad story (has the turnaround angle too). It's the one that jumps out from my sheets as the most expensive, though since I rarely have all of the stocks I follow equally "fresh" there's definitely a margin of error.
    Jul 6 12:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dover Still Excellent, But Not Currently A Bargain [View article]
    "You write "Dover isn't the most expensive quality industrial out there ...". Which, in your view, is?"

Probably Colfax.
    Jul 5 12:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keppel Corp.'s Frustrating Lack Of Progress [View article]
    Thanks Tom. Much appreciated
    Jul 5 12:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atlas Copco Is Great Everywhere But In Value [View article]
    Pretty sure Atlas is the leader ... I think this is an area where Gardner Denver is relatively strong as well.
    Jul 5 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment