Stephen Simpson, CFA

View Stephen Simpson, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
ABB, ABT, ACHN, ACI, ADI, AEIS, AEO, AES, AET, AEZS, AGRO, AHL, ALIM, ALK, ALLRF, ALNY, ALU, AMED, AMRN, AMSG, AMX, ANFI, ANGO, ARAY, ARIA, ARNA, ARQL, ARWR, ASOMY, ATHN, ATLKF, ATLKY, ATML, ATRC, ATX, AUDC, AUXL, AVD, AVGO, AWH, AXAS, AXLL, AZN, AZPN, B, BA, BAC, BAK, BAS, BBG, BBT, BDX, BIIAF, BIIB, BIP, BLUE, BMTI, BMY, BPOP, BRCD, BRFS, BRK.B, BRSS, BSFT, BSMX, BSX, BTE, BTU, BUI, C, CAT, CBST, CE, CELG, CFX, CIEN, CIG, CJES, CLD, CLDX, CMI, CNAT, CODI, CPHD, CPN, CPST, CR, CRESY, CRHKY, CRWS, CSCO, CSFL, CSII, CVGI, CVV, CVX, CYCC, CYNI, CYTR, CZZ, DAN, DCIN, DE, DGI, DIS, DNDN, DNR, DVR, EAC, EGBN, ELGX, ELN, ELP, EMR, ENDP, ET, ETN, ETRM, EW, EXAS, EXC, EXEL, EZPW, FAST, FCE.A, FCE.B, FCFS, FCX, FEIC, FF, FHN, FIO, FIRE, FLOW, FMX, FNV, FOLD, FONR, FRX, FSM, FST, FSUGY, GALE, GBX, GCTAY, GDOT, GE, GELYY, GILD, GLEKY, GLT, GLW, GMAN, GMED, GNK, GNRC, GRH, GSK, GTLS, GTOMY, HAL, HBIO, HBM, HELE, HLF, HLUYY, HNZ, HOGS, HOLI, HOLX, HRL, HSP, HTWR, HURC, HW, HXM, ICUI, IIVI, ILMN, IMGN, INGIY, IOSP, IPGLF, IPGP, IR, ISRG, ITRI, ITW, JCI, JCP, JNJ, JOE, JOY, JPM, JRCC, KDN, KEX, KGC, KMTUY, KRFT, LABL, LAYN, LECO, LHCG, LIOX, LLY, LMIA, LMNR, LMNX, LND, LNVGY, LPDX, LPX, LSI, LSTMF, LUKOY, LXRX, LYSDY, LZAGY, MAKO, MAOIF, MCD, MDLZ, MDT, MIC, MIDD, MJNA, MLNX, MLR, MNTX, MOCO, MON, MRK, MRLN, MSCC, MSFT, MSM, MTGRF, MTL, MTNOY, MTSC, MTSN, MTW, MWA, MXWL, NAV, NBIX, NCR, NGVC, NKTR, NRP, NTE, NUVA, NVDQ, NVO, NVS, NYRSY, OAS, ODFL, OGZPY, OKS, OMER, OMPI, ONNN, ORB, OSUR, OZRK, PACB, PAY, PB, PBF, PCL, PCXCQ, PDCE, PF, PFE, PG, PKD, PLPL, PNC, POWR, PRAA, PRIM, PVD, PXGYF, QBCRF, QCOR, QSFT, RAVN, RCPT, RGLD, RHHBY, RHT, RIGL, RVBD, RXN, S, SANW, SASR, SBMRY, SCGLY, SGEN, SHS, SI, SLG, SLNCF, SLTM, SLXP, SNCR, SNMX, SNY, SPLK, SPN, SPW, SSH, SSI, STB, STJ, SUMR, SYK, TC, TDW, TEAR, TECH, TEVA, TIS, TITN, TKC, TKMR, TMOAY, TPLM, TQNT, TRCR, TSRX, TUWOY, TWGP, TWI, TYPE, UNT, UPI, UPL, URG, USB, UTEK, V, VDNRF, VICL, VMEM, VOCS, VOLC, VVUS, WAB, WFT, WIRE, WLFC, WMGI, WRB, WSBHF, XLP, XNPT, XPO, XRAY, YZC, ZION, ZIOP
  • Ur-Energy Is A Fine House, But The Neighborhood Is Scary [View article]
    I said "at least 800K".
    Feb 24 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lightstream Resources: A Different Sort Of Oil Play [View article]
    Thanks for pointing it out. Brain-lock is the answer. I was working on other Canadian oil stocks and substituted WCS for Edmonton Par. I double-checked and all of the math was done w/ Edmonton Par, so the error was limited to just using the wrong word(s).

Again, thanks for mentioning that. I'll submit a correction request and get that fixed.
    Feb 22 07:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ultra Petroleum And Weighing The Short Versus The Long [View article]
    Seeing as I calculated and published a NAV target of $25, and the stock is now $25+, I don't see why you're running your mouth.

Not to mention, I said that you should write your own article if you felt so strongly. You did not. Why not? A lack of confidence, perhaps?
    Feb 22 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Orbital Sciences Executing Better, But Business Remains Volatile [View article]
    I wonder if the govt would block that at the request of the Air Force. I would think that the govt probably wants an alternative to the Delta and Atlas programs. Now, maybe SpaceX is enough (or maybe SpaceX and ORB could merge?), but that was the first objection that came to my mind.
    Feb 21 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lightstream Resources: A Different Sort Of Oil Play [View article]
    Relative to their well costs and total recoveries, I don't agree. "Get in, get the oil, get out" is fine as you say, but I don't feel that they're getting enough oil to balance out the decline rate.
    Feb 20 06:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lightstream Resources: A Different Sort Of Oil Play [View article]
    You can use this link (http://bit.ly/1mfxRis). AXAS, OAS, BCEI, PDCE, and TPLM are some names to look at.
    Feb 20 06:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forest Oil Trying To Make A Go Of It With Second-Rate Assets [View article]
    I knew I was going to do that at least once... Thanks for pointing it out!
    Feb 20 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thompson Creek Really Has To Execute Now [View article]
    Good ore grades would be 0.27%+ for Cu and 54g/t+ for Au.
    For costs, I'd say below $3.50/lb Cu (before byproduct credits) after year one would be good.
    Feb 19 07:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thompson Creek Really Has To Execute Now [View article]
    In my opinion, the difference between $1,000 gold and $1,250 gold is the difference between "survive" and "thrive".
    Feb 19 11:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oasis Petroleum Offers A Familiar Story In The Bakken [View article]
    Thanks for pointing those out. Not sure how I didn't catch them before publishing.
    Feb 19 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Eagle Offers Some Value, But Large Execution Risks [View article]
    Yeah, I've seen similar conditions here. Although the traffic at the Urban Outfitters wasn't great either.
    Feb 18 02:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Brocade's SAN Business Showing Some Resilience [View article]
    Fair point, and thanks.
    Feb 18 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brocade's SAN Business Showing Some Resilience [View article]
    It's a no-win situation. When I don't include it, people ask why I don't. When I do include it, I get comments like "who would read this and not already know it?".
    Feb 17 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commercial Vehicle Making Progress, But It's Not Pretty [View article]
    They may have had a loyal following, but it wasn't a particularly profitable business.
    Feb 16 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Small Skid At Old Dominion Isn't A Big Deal [View article]
    Sorry, no. Haven't looked at that one in a while.
    Feb 15 08:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment