Stephen Simpson, CFA

View Stephen Simpson, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
ABB, ABT, ACE, ACHN, ACI, ADI, ADM, AEIS, AEO, AES, AET, AEZS, AGCO, AGRO, AGXXF, AHL, ALIM, ALK, ALLAY, ALLRF, ALNY, ALU, AMED, AMRN, AMSG, AMX, ANFI, ANGO, ARAY, ARIA, ARNA, ARQL, ARWR, ASOMY, ATHN, ATK, ATLKF, ATLKY, ATML, ATRC, ATX, AUDC, AUXL, AVD, AVGO, AWH, AXAHF, AXAHY, AXAS, AXLL, AZN, AZPN, B, BA, BAC, BAK, BAM, BAS, BASFY, BBG, BBT, BDX, BIIAF, BIIB, BIP, BLERF, BLUE, BMTI, BMY, BPOP, BRCD, BRFS, BRK.B, BRSS, BSFT, BSMX, BSX, BTE, BTU, BUI, C, CAT, CBI, CBST, CBWBF, CCLAY, CE, CELG, CEO, CFX, CHEUY, CIEN, CIG, CJES, CLD, CLDX, CMI, CNAT, CODI, COG, CPHD, CPN, CPPMF, CPST, CR, CRESY, CRHKY, CRWS, CSCO, CSFL, CSII, CVGI, CVV, CVX, CYCC, CYNI, CYTR, CZZ, DAN, DBSDY, DCIN, DE, DGI, DIS, DNDN, DNR, DNSKY, DOV, DVN, DVR, EAC, EGBN, ELGX, ELN, ELP, EMR, ENDP, ENOC, ET, ETE, ETN, ETP, ETRM, EW, EXAS, EXC, EXEL, EZPW, FAST, FCE.A, FCE.B, FCFS, FCX, FEIC, FF, FHN, FIO, FIRE, FLOW, FMX, FNV, FOLD, FONR, FRX, FSM, FST, FSUGY, GALE, GBX, GCTAY, GDOT, GE, GELYY, GILD, GLEKY, GLNCY, GLT, GLW, GMAN, GMED, GNKOQ, GNRC, GRH, GSK, GTLS, GTOMY, HAL, HBIO, HBM, HELE, HLF, HLUYY, HNZ, HOGS, HOLI, HOLX, HRL, HSBC, HSP, HTWR, HURC, HW, HXM, ICUI, IIVI, ILMN, IMGN, ING, INGIY, IOSP, IPGLF, IPGP, IR, ISRG, ITRI, ITW, JCI, JCP, JNJ, JOE, JOY, JPM, JRCCQ, KDN, KEX, KGC, KMTUY, KPELY, KRFT, KUKAY, LABL, LAYN, LECO, LHCG, LIOX, LLY, LMIA, LMNR, LMNX, LND, LNVGY, LPDX, LPX, LSI, LSTMF, LUKOY, LXRX, LYSDY, LZAGY, MAKO, MAOIF, MCD, MCHP, MDLZ, MDT, MET, MIC, MIDD, MJNA, MLNX, MLR, MMP, MNTX, MOCO, MON, MRK, MRLN, MSCC, MSFT, MSM, MTGRF, MTL, MTNOY, MTSC, MTSN, MTW, MWA, MXWL, NAV, NBIX, NBL, NCR, NGVC, NKTR, NRP, NTP, NUAN, NUE, NUVA, NVDQ, NVO, NVS, NYRSY, OAS, ODFL, OGZPY, OKS, OMER, OMI, OMPI, ONNN, ORAN, ORB, OSUR, OZRK, PACB, PANW, PAY, PB, PBF, PBR, PCL, PCXCQ, PDCE, PF, PFE, PG, PKD, PLPL, PNC, POWR, PRAA, PRIM, PVD, PXGYF, QBCRF, QCOR, QSFT, RAVN, RCPT, RFMD, RGLD, RHHBY, RHT, RIGL, RVBD, RXN, S, SAN, SANW, SASR, SBMRY, SCGLY, SEIGF, SGEN, SHG, SHS, SIEGY, SLG, SLNCF, SLTM, SLXP, SNCR, SNMX, SNY, SPLK, SPN, SPW, SSH, SSI, STB, STJ, SUMR, SYK, TC, TCB, TCK, TDW, TEAR, TECH, TEVA, TIS, TITN, TKC, TKMR, TMOAY, TPLM, TQNT, TSM, TTM, TUWOY, TWGP, TWI, TYPE, UNT, UPI, UPL, URG, USB, UTEK, V, VDNRF, VICL, VIVHY, VMEM, VOCS, VOLC, VVUS, WAB, WFT, WIRE, WLFC, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WRB, WSBHF, XLP, XNPT, XPO, XRAY, YARIY, YZC, ZION, ZIOP
  • Accuray's Quarter Not A Disaster, But Share Growth Is Still An Issue [View article]
    No, you do not need all three. Larger centers will often have multiple types/technologies on hand, but there's definitely a growing demand for more flexible systems.

Arguably the biggest issue to date w/ the CK is convincing hospital admins/docs that it's more useful than commonly believed (one of the knocks on CK, unfair in my view, is that "it's just a niche product").
    Sep 8, 2012. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That's the problem, mvdolphin, they haven't executed.

Interest in CK does appear to be improving, but the system placement share just isn't there.

Maybe you can argue today that placements are being hampered by the poor capital equipment environment and customers choosing to wait for the new products, but that excuse only works for a limited time.
    Sep 7, 2012. 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Navistar Pull Itself Out Of The Ditch? [View article]
    Thanks for catching that.
    Sep 6, 2012. 08:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Wait Goes On At YM Biosciences [View article]
    Perhaps, Slumdawg, but I don't think so.

2020 rev est - $725M; implied 35-45% share in the U.S. and Eur
    8x rev multiple and 30% discount rate.

If you think the TP should be higher, let me know what assumptions you're using.
    Sep 5, 2012. 06:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will A Change At The Top Shift Sauer-Danfoss's Trajectory? [View article]
    Guraaf, if you go to my site (kratistoinvesting.blo... you'll find some pieces on BorgWarner. I can't immediately remember if I did those for Seeking Alpha or not...

Timken and Kaydon I don't know quite as well ... yet...
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    Aug 31, 2012. 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will A Change At The Top Shift Sauer-Danfoss's Trajectory? [View article]
    Thanks Guraaf. I have SNHY on my to-do list.
    Aug 31, 2012. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Joy Global Tied To The Fate Of Coal [View article]
    Yeah, it surprised me too.
    Aug 30, 2012. 11:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • For Exact Sciences, Approval May Be The Easy Part [View article]
    Right, I have an axe to grind on a stock I describe with "still looks like a meaningful undervalued emerging diagnostics player with a potentially highly effective non-invasive test for a significantly under-served market."

Yeah, boy, that sounds like a short call to me.
    Aug 28, 2012. 07:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • For Exact Sciences, Approval May Be The Easy Part [View article]
    I'll take my chances then, "Dr. Bone". Report away.
    Aug 28, 2012. 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can AES Get Out Of Its Parents' Basement? [View article]
    Tom,
    I remember your skepticism when I last wrote. I probably should have followed you out the door then...
    Aug 28, 2012. 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • For Exact Sciences, Approval May Be The Easy Part [View article]
    ET. Your 73% includes both in-office and take-home studies. The 20% figure I cited refers to take-home only. I should have better specified that, but you would go much farther if you were less of an obnoxious prat.
    Aug 26, 2012. 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Celanese: Under-The-Radar Potential Drought Beneficiary [View article]
    Likewise, thanks for writing it up.
    Aug 26, 2012. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Celanese: Under-The-Radar Potential Drought Beneficiary [View article]
    Oh definitely interesting. No argument there. As I'm sure you know, sometimes these things get battered down enough on the cyclical macro issues that you can buy the technology "kickers" for very little additional value-add (get the chemicals biz and the fuel tech for free).
    Aug 26, 2012. 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Celanese: Under-The-Radar Potential Drought Beneficiary [View article]
    Alan, I thought the ethanol subsidies went away at the start of this year. Do I misremember, or have they replaced them with other subsidies?

And any near-term worries about the macro outlook on its acetyls business?

Interesting article, though. Thanks.
    Aug 26, 2012. 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • For Exact Sciences, Approval May Be The Easy Part [View article]
    Yep. Compliance rate on stool tests is about 20% overall.
    Aug 25, 2012. 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment