Stephen Simpson, CFA

View Stephen Simpson, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
ABB, ABT, ACE, ACHN, ACI, ADI, ADM, AEIS, AEO, AES, AET, AEZS, AGCO, AGRO, AGXXF, AHL, ALIM, ALK, ALLAY, ALLRF, ALNY, ALU, AMED, AMRN, AMSG, AMX, ANFI, ANGO, ARAY, ARIA, ARNA, ARQL, ARWR, ASOMY, ATHN, ATK, ATLKF, ATLKY, ATML, ATRC, ATX, AUDC, AUXL, AVD, AVGO, AWH, AXAHF, AXAHY, AXAS, AXLL, AZN, AZPN, B, BA, BAC, BAK, BAM, BAS, BASFY, BBG, BBT, BDX, BIIAF, BIIB, BIP, BLERF, BLUE, BMTI, BMY, BPOP, BRCD, BRCM, BRFS, BRK.B, BRSS, BSFT, BSMX, BSX, BTE, BTU, BUI, C, CAT, CBI, CBST, CBWBF, CCLAY, CE, CELG, CEO, CFX, CHEUY, CIEN, CIG, CJES, CLD, CLDX, CMI, CNAT, CODI, COG, CPHD, CPN, CPPMF, CPST, CR, CRESY, CRHKY, CRWS, CSCO, CSFL, CSII, CVGI, CVV, CVX, CYCC, CYNI, CYTR, CZZ, DAN, DBSDY, DCIN, DE, DGI, DIS, DNDN, DNR, DNSKY, DOV, DVN, DVR, EAC, EGBN, ELGX, ELN, ELP, EMR, ENDP, ENOC, ET, ETE, ETN, ETP, ETRM, EW, EXAS, EXC, EXEL, EZPW, FAST, FCE.A, FCE.B, FCFS, FCX, FEIC, FF, FHN, FIO, FIRE, FLOW, FMX, FNV, FOLD, FONR, FRX, FSM, FST, FSUGY, GALE, GBX, GCTAY, GDOT, GE, GELYY, GILD, GLEKY, GLNCY, GLT, GLW, GMAN, GMED, GNKOQ, GNRC, GRH, GSK, GTLS, GTOMY, HAL, HBIO, HBM, HELE, HLF, HLUYY, HNZ, HOGS, HOLI, HOLX, HRL, HSBC, HSP, HTWR, HURC, HW, HXM, ICUI, IIVI, ILMN, IMGN, ING, INGIY, IOSP, IPGLF, IPGP, IR, ISRG, ITRI, ITW, JCI, JCP, JNJ, JOE, JOY, JPM, JRCCQ, KDN, KEX, KGC, KMTUY, KPELY, KRFT, KUKAY, LABL, LAYN, LECO, LHCG, LIOX, LLY, LMIA, LMNR, LMNX, LND, LNVGY, LPDX, LPX, LSI, LSTMF, LUKOY, LXRX, LYSDY, LZAGY, MAKO, MAOIF, MCD, MCHP, MDLZ, MDT, MET, MIC, MIDD, MJNA, MLNX, MLR, MMP, MNK, MNTX, MOCO, MON, MRK, MRLN, MSCC, MSFT, MSM, MTGRF, MTL, MTNOY, MTSC, MTSN, MTW, MWA, MXWL, NAV, NBIX, NBL, NCR, NGVC, NKTR, NRP, NTP, NUAN, NUE, NUVA, NVDQ, NVO, NVS, NYRSY, OAS, ODFL, OGZPY, OKS, OMER, OMI, OMPI, ONNN, ORAN, ORB, OSUR, OZRK, PACB, PANW, PAY, PB, PBF, PBR, PCL, PCXCQ, PDCE, PF, PFE, PG, PHG, PKD, PLPL, PNC, POWR, PRAA, PRIM, PVD, PXGYF, QBCRF, QSFT, RAVN, RCPT, RFMD, RGLD, RHHBY, RHT, RIGL, RVBD, RXN, S, SAN, SANW, SASR, SBMRY, SCGLY, SEIGF, SGEN, SHG, SHS, SIEGY, SLG, SLNCF, SLTM, SLXP, SNCR, SNMX, SNY, SPLK, SPN, SPW, SSH, SSI, STB, STJ, SUMR, SYK, TC, TCB, TCK, TDW, TEAR, TECH, TEVA, TIS, TITN, TKC, TKMR, TMOAY, TPLM, TQNT, TSM, TTM, TUWOY, TWGP, TWI, TYPE, UNT, UPI, UPL, URG, USB, UTEK, V, VDNRF, VICL, VIVHY, VMEM, VOCS, VOLC, VVUS, WAB, WFT, WIRE, WLFC, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WRB, WSBHF, XLP, XNPT, XPO, XRAY, YARIY, YZC, ZION, ZIOP
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Should The Amylin Example Discourage Amarin Shareholders? [View article]
    Thanks Steve.ss
    Dec 7, 2012. 06:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FEMSA May Just Be Getting Started [View article]
    Thanks. ss
    Dec 5, 2012. 06:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Message To VOCE Capital And Obagi Shareholders: Take Action Or Get Off The Pot [View article]
    Damn standards and practices! lol

I've been alright. Doing my best to surf the tidal waves. You?
    Oct 19, 2012. 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Take action or get off the pot".

Hmmm... I think I remember that quote a little differently, Scott.
    Oct 19, 2012. 08:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stagnant Performance, FDA Issues Thump St. Jude [View article]
    Yeah, here we are ... both kinda/sorta talking down a stock we like! Ahh Seeking Alpha, how I love you... lol
    Oct 19, 2012. 07:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stagnant Performance, FDA Issues Thump St. Jude [View article]
    I'd also add that I think the risk/probability right now is skewed in the direction that analysts/investors have overestimated (not underestimated) the potential for TAVI, renal denervation, and so on.

And you're right, Alan, I think there's still risk to the CRM franchise.
    Oct 19, 2012. 07:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: The Red Queen Is Just A Fairy Tale Part III [View article]
    Thanks Michael - Appreciate it.
    Oct 18, 2012. 08:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stagnant Performance, FDA Issues Thump St. Jude [View article]
    Honestly, I don't think it'll be much of a problem. STJ doesn't have that record of intransigence and shortcuts that would usually invoke the wrath of the FDA.

But, I know I've been fairly pro-STJ before, so I try to bring up the negatives that I can to balance it out.
    Oct 18, 2012. 07:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stagnant Performance, FDA Issues Thump St. Jude [View article]
    Alan -
    I guess the simplest, if cheeky, answer to your question is "experience".
    I've seen the FDA sit on/delay applications for products that have nothing to do with the plant covered by a warning letter. Of course they don't say that, but there have been a few too many "coincidences" like that.
    Oct 18, 2012. 07:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bakken Update: The Red Queen Is Just A Fairy Tale Part III [View article]
    Apologies if you've answered this elsewhere or if I skimmed over it in the article above, but is there a good explanation for this lumpiness?

Is it a product of drilling skill or is the geology just "lumpy"?
    Oct 18, 2012. 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cyclacel: An Intriguing Long Shot [View article]
    Definitely good points. And it doesn't even have to be intentional manipulation. Small float + large retail interest = wacky trading.
    Oct 15, 2012. 04:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cyclacel: An Intriguing Long Shot [View article]
    Well, more like "don't buy because of this". It doesn't change the fundamentals in my opinion, so if you liked it before...
    Oct 15, 2012. 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cyclacel: An Intriguing Long Shot [View article]
    Honestly, my first thought after reading the release was "old wine in a new bottle", so I'm kind of skeptical about this reaction to the data. Makes me worry that this is mostly a retail/trading stock, and those can be a lot more volatile.

So, I guess I'd summarize by saying the fundamentals haven't changed all that much and I'm incrementally more worried about the shareholder base, but I suppose it's better than obviously bad news.
    Oct 15, 2012. 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lexicon Pushes On To Phase III [View article]
    Thanks, I appreciate that BO'hara.
    ss