Royal Hawaiian Orchards - A Valuation So Low That It's Nuts To Ignore
PRO • Tue, Mar. 31 • 26 Comments
- Royal Hawaiian has embarked upon a vertical integration strategy, which if successful, could provide the catalyst for the stock price to double by the end of 2016.
- At the current price of $2.95 per share, the company presents a compelling risk/reward profile with significant upside, and downside limited by the substantial value of its owned real estate.
- Royal Hawaiian has the potential to boost cash flow to at least 30 cents per share, which would provide a 10% dividend yield at current prices.
- Insider ownership has increased significantly during the past five years; insiders now control 71% of the outstanding units.
- New strategy will capitalize on the perceived health benefits of macadamia nuts and the trend toward consumption of healthy, all-natural, non-GMO, and gluten-free foods.
General American Investors Company, Inc. Targeted By Activist Fund
- General American Investors Company, Inc. currently trades at a 13.94% discount to net asset value and has been targeted by the well-known closed end fund activist Phil Goldstein.
- Phil Goldstein has a long track record of fighting and winning proxy battles against closed end funds, whose boards resist initiating value enhancing liquidity events to benefit shareholders.
- A market neutral position, long GAM vs. short the S&P 500, offers an attractive opportunity for alpha generation based on the fund's deep discount to NAV and involvement of activists.
- American Capital Ltd: Private Equity Investing At A Deep Discount
- Icahn Enterprises: Invest With Carl