General American Investors Company, Inc. Targeted By Activist Fund
- General American Investors Company, Inc. currently trades at a 13.94% discount to net asset value and has been targeted by the well-known closed end fund activist Phil Goldstein.
- Phil Goldstein has a long track record of fighting and winning proxy battles against closed end funds, whose boards resist initiating value enhancing liquidity events to benefit shareholders.
- A market neutral position, long GAM vs. short the S&P 500, offers an attractive opportunity for alpha generation based on the fund's deep discount to NAV and involvement of activists.
- American Capital Ltd: Private Equity Investing At A Deep Discount
- Icahn Enterprises: Invest With Carl