View as an RSS Feed
View Steve Zachritz's Articles BY TICKER:
APC, ATHL, BCEI, BPG, CHK, CLR, COP, CRK, CRR, CXPO, DUNR, EGY, END, EOG, EPL, EXXI, GDP, GMXRQ, HAL, HK, IOC, KOG, KWK, LPI, MCEP, MHR, MPO, MRD, NFX, NOG, OAS, OEDV, OIH, OII, PBR, PE, PINN, PQ, PVA, QBIK, REXX, RRC, SD, SFY, SJT, SM, SSN, STO, SWN, TAT, TPLM, TSO, UNG, USO, WHX, WHZ, WLL, WRES, XCO
Pre Call Note - Athlon Reports Solid Q2 '14; Boosts Guidance, Adds More Prime Acreage
- Wolfcamp horizontals tracking well above type curve.
- Newest wells appear to be best wells.
- Boosting guidance - again.
Bonanza Creek: Greater Wattenberg Play Keeps Getting Better - Q2 '14 Pre Call Note
- 2Q14 EBITDA misses on in line volumes but higher production tax expense.
- Better than expected longer term Nio B downspaced well results.
- Successful thin zone Codell test will expand prospective acreage footprint.
- And 3 more successful longer laterals (1 best in show so far, 2 others with very flat decline rates).
Memorial Resource Development: An Interesting New Pure Play Cotton Valley Name
- Stacked Pay Cotton Valley Sand Player.
- Strong returns from an unexpected area as Terryville area gets a reboot.
- Strong balance sheet, big drilling inventory, and essentially cash flow neutral from the start.
- Near-term catalysts and the potential for a big reserves upgrade at the end of the year.
- Not overly pricey to "peers" at IPO.
Parsley Energy - An Inexpensive Pure Play, Core Of Core Permian IPO
- Parsley is coming to market at a reasonable valuation among a peer group of high priced Permian pure plays.
- We expect the deal to be well received with future horizontal success driving the multiple (and volumes) higher.
- Parsley's acreage is "Core of Core" in the Midland Basin with a Delaware Basin Wildcard.
Bonanza Creek Reports In-Line Volumes, Bottom-Line Miss On One-Time Costs, Super Section Looking Good
- Volumes were above the mid-point of guidance, despite poor winter weather and the normal seasonal completion lull.
- Revenue beat, but one-time costs drove EBITDA to come up short... they are truly one-time costs.
- The long-awaited Super Section test (15 wells spread over 3 pads and 3 zones) look encouraging early rate data.
- The name remains cheap on current and out-year EBITDA given the high, oily growth outlook and consistency on its inventory paired with a strong balance sheet.
KOG Reports Weather Related Miss; Guides Lower; Long-Term Story Strong
- KOG misses largely due to harsh North Dakota winter weather.
- Guides lower to reflect the slower start to the year and estimates will come down.
- Longer term data continue to show downspacing is working fine.
Southwestern Looks Further West For Oil
- Southwestern Energy buys 312,000 net acres in the sand wash basin of Northwest Colorado.
- Looking for oil in the Niobrara.
- This is expands their new ventures portfolio as they look to transfer their horizontal development skill set to oilier plays.
- Halcon Resources - 4th Quarter 2013 Turning The Corner On Risk
- Rex Energy - Group Swoon Provides Rare Opportunity
- Oasis - Big Bakken Buy Means More Of A Good Story To Like
- Triangle Petroleum - Undervalued Bakken Player
- Bonanza Creek - Horizons Continue To Expand And Name Remains Cheap Despite The Run
- Mid-Con Energy Update - Volumes And Distributions Set To Flow Higher
- Bonanza Creek Q1 2013 Pre-Call Note: Drilling Down, The Story Is On Track For 60% Growth
- Bonanza Creek - The Ponderosa Only Gets Better
- Bonanza Creek - Looking Ahead, Onward And Upward
- Osage Exploration - Making Progress In The Miss Lime
- Oasis Reports Solid 4Q12 Results: Margins Reach New Highs, Steaming Ahead As Planned
- Mid-Con Energy Partners - The Flood That Yields A Rising Tide Of Cash
- Oasis Petroleum - Fundamentals In Overdrive, Stock In Neutral But Not For Long
- Halcon Resources - Bigger, Oilier, And Still Cheaper Than You Think
- Halcon Resources - An Oily Hawk That's Cheaper Than You Think
- Osage Exploration - Little Miss Lime Player Carves Out Niche
- Take The Bakken Challenge
- Triangle Petroleum Announces Rockin' Second Quarter
- EXCO Resources - I'm Gassy And I've Fallen But I Will Get Up
- A Tale Of Two Trusts - Whiting Royalty Trusts I And II
- San Juan Basin Royalty Trust - Getting Paid To Wait As Natural Gas Recovers
- Midstates Petroleum IPO Pricing: Too Cheap To Pass Up
- Momentum Building For Triangle Petroleum
- The Street Is Too Timid On Penn Virginia
- Northern Oil & Gas: Shorts Are Out Of Ammo