Steven Borovay, CFP

View Steven Borovay, CFP's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Clearing The Air For World Wrestling Entertainment [View article]
    Dakota nicely written article. Barrios on his last investor presentation suggested India's pricing for the service might have to lowered to compete with lower prices people of that country pay for other online services. There will be obstacles in the way, but the positive growing metrics and constantly beating Wall Streets projections going forward provide a strong base for the stock to appreciate.
    Jul 13, 2015. 12:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • WWE Still Trying To Prove It Is 'Tough Enough' For Wall Street As Signature Reality Series Returns [View article]
    Dante anyone who follows WWE knows about the talent pool in NXT. You've posted some of the same old arguments on my articles. Your take is like the transition from the horse and buggy to the auto. It's all about technology.

Good thing for us long term investors is more and more positive articles are being written about WWE than ever before. This one was nicely written and hit a lot of key points going forward.
    Jun 24, 2015. 11:56 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WWE: Positive Trends Overshadowed By Unrealistic Expectations [View article]
    Trevor nicely written article. Short term there will be bumps in the road and on Barrios latest presentation he toned things down a bit. Also, he pointed out that the Company hired 5 data scientists to study trends and analyse what's working. He then pointed out that Netflix at 15 months after streaming began was at 40% of where they are now. This is relevant in that WWE 15 months in is at 40% of where they want to go (3 million). I still feel after purchasing the stock last summer it's the Law of Large Numbers that will ultimately prevail. Too many people worldwide that like this form of entertainment, however, nothing is built in a day.
    Jun 18, 2015. 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World Wrestling Entertainment on watch after strong bull call from BTIG Research [View news story]
    Dante read your writings for awhile. Are you short the stock?
    Jun 17, 2015. 11:17 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Frustrated Long-Term Investor To WWE Management: You Need To 'Handle The Truth' [View article]
    Vandalizer not much of a reader other than financial. But 'Field of Dreams' is my all-time favorite movie.

Enjoyed our conversation.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Jun 7, 2015. 09:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Players can take advantages of what's available....if it's legally prescribed and not to enhance performance. Corked bats were more limited than steroid use. Humidors benefited all playing. Steroids benefited cheaters. Baseball is not scripted and wrestling is. Big difference. I enjoy wrestling as you see great athletes with Three Stooges scripts. Perfect combination for me especially because the Red Sox claim to have won three WS since 2000. In my mind they haven't won since 1918. One day, if I live long enough, I will write a book about how the sport was destroyed by all those involved in promoting cheating.
    Jun 7, 2015. 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Vandalizer your article link didn't open correctly.

I'm set in my ways on baseball. We can go on forever disputing levels of cheating. When teams like the Red Sox have trainers instructing players on how to inject roids, there is something grossly wrong with that. The playing field was more level prior to the Bash Brothers. There a reason why from the late 90's on they call it the Steroid Era. Whitney Ford might have scuffed the ball. Gaylord Perry added substances. But bottom line it wasn't something external they put in their bodies that made them better.

Appreciate the back and forth.
    Jun 6, 2015. 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Vandalizer I'm a numbers freak. Growing up collecting baseball cards I was always turning them over to look at the stats. Back in the day it was uppers, coffee and alcohol and not performance enhancing drugs. Much different in my mind as it was obvious with Canesco and McGuire something had changed. It wasn't for the better either. I'm old school and will remain that until the day I die. My perspective probably matches kids raised in the 50's and 60's.
    Jun 5, 2015. 01:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    StockFlipper your insights are right on. It is a contradiction. In my mind any World Series winner since the late 1990's cheated. Roger Maris holds the single home run record. Henry Aaron holds the all time home run record. The cheaters destroyed the numbers of the sport and I'm all about numbers. Plus I hate the Red Sox and they haven't won a real World Series since 1918. I was there at the Angel-Red Sox 5th game in 1986. Dave Henderson home run went right over my head in the left field pavilion.

I don't condone drug use, but Wrestling records are for the most part meaningless and I still love the Three Stooges. It's all about entertainment now.
    Jun 3, 2015. 11:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    StockFlipper not until last summer when I invested in the Company did I subscribe. Strange thing was that I was a big baseball fan until the steroid ERA. Ruined the game for me as I'm a numbers person and the records mattered. With WWE I find it extremely entertaining and records (other than the Undertaker's streak) mean little. Quite a stretch going from a baseball purist to a fan of WWE.
    Jun 3, 2015. 11:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Very good call for Barrios with J.P. Morgan. He seemed a bit more at ease and gave some new detail as to what management is looking at as far as growing the Network. Liked the new info on how they pick NXT cities to perform in.
    May 20, 2015. 04:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not really crazy about the late release Friday on the Studio side as it seems management is putting the cart before the horse. The Studio in the past has been a minor cash drain. Hopefully this doesn't set it up to be a major one as on the movie making side WWE has had little success. It would have made more sense in growing the Network and then spending on this part.

Also, with Barrios speaking Wednesday, it seems the stock is manipulated down on the days he speaks and it's not because he is saying anything new. I'm going to put a Instablog article after this speaking event as I think WWE stock, as one of the readers of my articles, is manipulated short term especially because their are only two known fundamentals. The first being the increase in cable contracts to 2018 that could give WWE as much as $1.00/share bottom line. The second is that the Network is no longer a drain on capital going forward. It's these two key factors that are establishing a bottom on the stock.
    May 16, 2015. 10:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great analysis Atticus. I think no one really knows where the sub count will peak out at now as it's way too soon to tell. Once the model inverts and subs start going down YOY that's when a red flag should be waived as to future growth. Unfortunately, management has little credibility with the Street with the less said being best. Management seems to miss what a lot of us see. Your right too that if they ever start getting the message right, in the short term it will hurt them. Longer term the truth is the truth and the Street will view this favorably.
    May 10, 2015. 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    AP only disagree because the hardcore wrestling fan will subscribe to the Network. No one is looking at Netflix numbers as the Network numbers. WWE has a large niche following around the world, but Netflix has over 60 million subs and is still expanding abroad. The point of any comparison to Netflix is the streaming subscription count was built over a number of years. There is no other online model to compare the Network's growth to other than Netflix. The WWE sub count, despite all that the naysayers put out there, is growing and not going backwards when YOY comparisons are made.

A new metric, and I'm about to research it, is that if the Network currently attracts about 1,000,000 subs in the US (almost 24% of the average viewership of Raw-3.8 mil), how does that translate to potential foreign subs relative to Raw viewership. Obviously the ratio will be lower, however, this is more important than WWE management's numbers on hardcore fans around the world and potential sub counts.

I found an interesting article from January 2007 from the N.Y. Times. Netflix's obituary was being written as they were about to start their streaming business. In the article, it stated that when investors were told that Netflix would invest $40 million in this new unproven venture, the stock dropped to about $22/share. Again the comparison is not the Netflix sub base versus the Network. Big difference from 60 million subs to the 2 million that is within the reach of WWE and elevates the Company to a different level.
    May 9, 2015. 02:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Vandalizer the only comparison to Netflix was the fraction of subs that Netflix has for the Network to be successful. Recognizing the difference in products, because the Network has limited interest, we're not looking at Netflix numbers. Also, both are streaming sub models. There still isn't much out there to compare the Network to that leaves any comparison difficult to make. Additionally, all subscription models, take a number of years to build a base until the counts level off.

Also, PPV's for WM exceeded my forecast by almost 100K hitting 259,000. WWE in now getting about 25% of the Raw viewership total as subs through 3/31.

Vandalizer are you a subscriber? Just curious, as I've viewed much improved content since I subscribed last August.
    May 7, 2015. 11:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment