Steven P. Orlowski

View Steven P. Orlowski's Comments BY TICKER:
  • SHIMP: The Latest Emerging Market Acronym [View article]
    I like Singapore, just didn't make the top 5 statistically. I mentioned EPHE a few months ago here (http://bit.ly/TVIqYm) but not Singapore recently. I will do so. Thanks.
    Dec 6 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SHIMP: The Latest Emerging Market Acronym [View article]
    Keep trying. I'm surprised they rejected the idea. At times it seems there is no concept they won't apply to an ETF.
    Dec 5 08:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SHIMP: The Latest Emerging Market Acronym [View article]
    Interesting. You may want to exclude the US to give it a more exclusive international appeal. BARC is as memorable. There could be a spin-off, like the Dogs of BARC.
    Dec 5 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SHIMP: The Latest Emerging Market Acronym [View article]
    "Our genius ain't appreciated around here... let's scram!" Moe
    Dec 5 07:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RIM: Proceed with Caution [View article]
    Still feel that way huntergirl? Oh no, it appears you've dis-appeared.
    Sep 26 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Gold Resume Its Rally In The Near Future? [View article]
    I agree with Robert Kientz on this one. Gold and silver have been rallying. I don't know how other commentators expect a rally to begin but certainly the recent gains in silver and gold more than qualify as such.
    Aug 31 04:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Pragmatist's View: Gold Ascends... Again [View article]
    Thanks Don. I'm checking out your link right now.
    Aug 26 09:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bottom Is In For Gold [View article]
    Good point. I think this is a trend which will only exacerbate what I see is a permanent downtrend for the US dollar.
    Aug 26 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hey, Ho, Let's Gold! (So Says The Fed ... And Silver Too) [View article]
    Good point. I've been watching platinum and am well aware of its recent activity. As for SA writers, not a lot of coverage, but also not a lot of interest (which translates into views and followers, so I'm told). Are you trading platinum futures? I don't think there are any particularly active ETFs. Perhaps you can educate me?
    Aug 22 09:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's (Not) Up With Gold? [View article]
    Thanks +GF+.
    Jul 26 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's (Not) Up With Gold? [View article]
    I think the use of gold as a reserve currency is logical and necessary. Central banks should and do own gold for that reason. And the spike in prices is rightfully anticipated as confidence in paper currencies continues to dwindle. Realistically, what would you rather have, paper currency which is no better than an IOU or gold, or any other real asset for that matter? Unless we believe that debasing currency can continue ad infinitum then owning gold, silver and other real assets is mandatory.
    Jul 26 01:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's (Not) Up With Gold? [View article]
    "What good is 50 pounds of gold in the car when there are border guards ready to ask why you have it and weather tax has been paid or is being evaded." True, but I would guess this presumes the world has collapsed and you're on the run with your wealth. Until the end of the world materializes ETF's should suffice.
    Jul 26 01:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What's (Not) Up With Gold? [View article]
    I concur.
    Jul 26 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's (Not) Up With Gold? [View article]
    Thanks blueice. I like "Gyro Zone". I might borrow it if you don't mind. This is my first piece in more than a year for Seeking Alpha but I plan to write regularly, so please follow me here. You can also find me at other sites, most notably http://bit.ly/rDt4hr the Motley Fool Blog Network.
    Jul 26 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment