Stock Doctor

View Stock Doctor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Anadigics Is Significantly Undervalued As Product Design Wins Pile Up [View article]
    I think they will reach their goal of break even and become profitable. This will allow the stock to recover to the $2 range. They will likely never be a powerhouse in the industry but I think they can find their niche and be a small $200 million revenue company.

I have 30K shares and have been following for 10 years. I first started following the company when mobile phones were taking off. They had a good shot to become like sky works but they couldn't meet the demand as they were trying to produce the chips in house instead if outsourcing like everyone else.
    Aug 18 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Lankfam,

I think we will know if Anadigics will succeed in the next 9 months. I think the infrastructure products are a much better fit as they can't compete with the big boys mass producing low margin mobile chips. I think the company can bring break even down even further than $24M so they're not far off. In my opinion company should be around 250 people which means they probably need to lay off another 100 at some point.
    Aug 17 11:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You don't have to read my articles or follow my investing advice. However if you did you would finally make money on the market. I'm not right all the time but a lot of my investments this year, both long and short, have made a lot of money.
    Aug 15 11:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This stock is not biotech but glad you read all my articles.
    Aug 14 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Anadigics Gets Aggressive In Path To Profitability With Company Restructuring [View article]
    Yes turn a rounds take longer than a year
    Aug 14 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Funny. Im up over 6 figures so far this year in biotech so not sure where you get your information.
    Aug 13 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not worried about short term losses. This is a turn around play that will take many months to achieve
    Aug 13 08:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bistro,

I don't necessarily have confidence in the management. However, I am seeing improvements in narrowing the loss every quarter which is all I really care about. They need to break even and then go from there.
    Aug 8 05:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The main point is everyone is way too caught up on revenue guidance. I've been following this company for 10+ years and generally quarterly revenue hasn't been the issue. The real issue is they have been losing money every quarter. I wasn't phased by the $4M legacy mobile that won't come in next quarter because they said EBITDA will improve 25%. Break even appears a couple quarters away but management seemed confident and appear to be doing all the right moves. I still think the company is about 100 people too many though.
    Aug 8 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One Drug To Rule Them All: Medivation's Xtandi To Dominate Prostate Cancer Market [View article]
    I agree, I think author was on right track but missed a lot of the facts. The advantage of Xtandi is for convenience of no diet restrictions and no co-administration of steroids.

Seizures in the pre-chemotherapy trial for Xtandi were a non-issue. I believe it was higher in placebo group or same.

Overall survival for Zytiga was not statistically significant and it was for Xtandi and that is all that really matters. You need to look at the hazard ratios and when the curves separate over time.
    Aug 6 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think in your table you have 10.8 months as the time for initiation of chemotherapy on Xandi. 10.8 months was actually for placebo in the Xandi trial while the drug was 28 month delay. So the difference is actually ~17 months compared to Zytiga 8.4 months. I think this is the most staggering metric. See below from the Phase III results:

Analyses of secondary endpoints showed the median time to initiation of cytotoxic chemotherapy in the enzalutamide and control groups was 28 and 10.8 months
    Aug 5 06:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medivation Significantly Undervalued, With Xtandi Weeks Away From Prostate Cancer Label Expansion [View article]
    Incyte drug label wasn't expanded to included other disease areas, only to include additional data on survival in the indication the drug is already approved for. I couldn't find if the survival data was statistically significant or not. One thing that was odd is that patients treated with placebo were allowed to cross over to Jakafi at 24 weeks but for analysis purposes they were still treated as being placebo.

Actually, Jakafi just failed in providing symptom relief for PV patients.
    Jul 28 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Very few patients are contributing data by month 36, I think it is only 4 people so not surprising they cross. In the link in the article detailing the survival curves there is a video commenting on this. I believe since the trial was stopped early only ~3% of patients enrolled contributed the data for the survival plots and it was still enough to reach statistical significance.
    Jul 25 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Released today:

Goldman Sachs maintained a Buy rating on Medivation (NASDAQ: MDVN) with a price target of $88. Analyst Navdeep Singh sees a nice setup into Q2.

"MDVN’s partner on Xtandi, Astellas, is expected to announce earnings results on Aug 1. In our view, Xtandi should be able to post a solid Q2 due to: (1) carry-over of Q/Q end-user demand growth of ~10% in Q1, (2) publication of PREVAIL data in NEJM during ASCO in June and (3) PREVAIL presentation at ASCO GU in January. Hence, we are raising our Xtandi US sales estimates for Q2/2014 to $133mn/$574mn from $126mn/$560mn. We are also updating Xtandi milestone payments to MDVN from Astellas. As a result, our 2014 diluted GAAP EPS goes to $1.61 from $1.29," said Singh.
    Jul 22 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like CLDX more than INCY. I think INCY is overvalued and a lot of drug companies are developing JAK2 inhibitors which will crowd the market. Also, as you may know, I'm a big fan of Geron and think its drug Imetelstat could be a big problem for INCY as it has been shown in trials to reverse Myelofibrosis is some patients not just treat the symptoms like Jakafi.
    Jul 22 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment