Stock Jackal

View Stock Jackal's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Kinross Investors Are Over-Reacting To Russian Exposure [View article]
    Thanks for the article long KGC
    Aug 17 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Asset-Based Valuation Of BlackBerry [View article]
    Right and then when they don't have a position David you make fun of that too, at least he put his money where is mouth is..
    Aug 15 11:17 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Asset-Based Valuation Of BlackBerry [View article]
    Sure if you want your thermostat hacked and your heat turned off in the winter for pipes to burst...
    Aug 15 11:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Quarterly Results: Sherritt Thesis Intact [View article]
    Thanks for the article. I'm contemplating the same thing, lucky I got out at $4.60 from an average of about $3.60 =/- some option trading.

After this pull back I'm looking for another entry point..
    Aug 13 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Scores Another Win As Blackphone's Security Busted By Hackers [View article]
    @ The_C_Man what a great idea for a movie. Perhaps the next Speed...
    Aug 12 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Understanding BlackBerry's BBM Roadmap [View article]
    If I'm at work "creating content" on my desktop/laptop, versus "consuming" it on my smartphone. I like the idea of receiving and replying to my BBM's and other messages via the desktop/laptop version versus always having to grab my phone off of my belt or desk.

I think there is a utility to having BBM on the desktop. Isn't the rumor that you can send/receive SMS sync with your phone as well?
    Aug 6 12:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Kinross Gold's Earnings [View article]
    Nice Article Ben.

Couldn't agree more.
    Jul 31 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinross Gold misses by $0.01, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Although there is geopolitical risk associated with Russia. I highly doubt that Putin considers a Canadian based company to be the same as a U.S. based company. It is a little more than the difference between Coke and Pepsi as a beverage.

Not too mention that if Putin does that he risks even more capital flight out of Russia and more of his Oligarch allies turning their support on him as they watch their wealth sanctioned (locked) and slip through their fingers.
    Jul 30 08:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sherritt International: A Value Investor's Silver Bullet [View article]
    I wrote some covered calls, and might sell a portion to book some profits and as a hedge to not take a round trip bus ride..
    Apr 12 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sherritt International: A Value Investor's Silver Bullet [View article]
    LOL,

I bought some more at $3, and sold PUTS at $4, so I'm doing ok... Hard to know when to book profits as I still think there is upside...
    Apr 10 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sherritt International: A Value Investor's Silver Bullet [View article]
    Wow excellent thoughts 1GCFA,

I have been off on my timing before! :-) I'm long Sherrit.
    Feb 26 10:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Letter To John Chen [View article]
    @Know

My wife is a BBM user and she has an iPhone...
    Feb 25 07:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Letter To John Chen [View article]
    Was thinking the Same thing Kurt.

Good to have you back.
    Feb 23 12:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sherritt International: A Value Investor's Silver Bullet [View article]
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't their market cap less than their current assets? Not too often you see that...
    Feb 22 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sherritt International: A Value Investor's Silver Bullet [View article]
    Great call @1GreatCFA on the dividend cut. I agree with your comment as well.
    Feb 21 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment