Stock Market Mike

View Stock Market Mike's Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Top First Quarter Pick Took Off Without Me [View article]
    Hey Brad, would Boralex on the TSX be considered a peer?

Apr 24, 2015. 07:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marvell issues FQ1 warning; shares -5.6% [View news story]
    They closed at $14.31. They seem to be $13.40 AH.

Apr 24, 2015. 06:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Feed Your Family With These 4 Monthly Paying REITs [View article]
    Maybe the fourth is for reinvestment? :P

Many monthly payers provide monthly updates. I've noticed that they have a bit less share price volatility. That can mean less buying opportunities, but in the end having a good mixture of stocks across multiple sectors is what will pull you through - not whether they pay monthly or not.

Apr 24, 2015. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Feed Your Family With These 4 Monthly Paying REITs [View article]
    Heh... I bought a few shares back in Mar 2014. Been sitting on them... ~18.8% yield. Only have about 300, but I use them as a cash spigot to buy other things. It's $648/yr to reinvest in other stocks.

That was before ARCP, so before I was familiar with sucker yields. :P But I realize now that they're executing better than most other mREITs, and their size allows them more flexibility than a company like AGNC or NLY in regards to responding to interest rate moves.

Apr 24, 2015. 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hercules Offshore: Complete Fleet Status As Of April 23 And Commentary [View article]
    @Conrado Foglio Bonda:

Nope, I'm flying as blind as the rest of you - gleaning what I can from public sources. Check with your brokerage if they have more info. Mine doesn't have as much info as finra, which is why I use it instead to keep an eye on such things.

@Fun Trading: Just weeks before SCHS went bankrupt... I was trading it. I now look back as that as stepping in front of a train. :P

There's plenty of trading targets out there. Might as well stack as much as possible in my favour by factoring in as much danger as possible.

And yes, I realize it's a vote by bond holders... a market just like the shares and options that we trade. But most have stabilized, while HERO's has not. That says something. Another piece of info to consider.

Apr 24, 2015. 11:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aiming My Sights On A Beaten-Down STAG Industrial [View article]
    They're certainly not an OHI. If you look back at all of OHI's equity raises... they are on those peaks upward. These guys raised equity in Oct 2014, pretty much the low point of the year.

That said... high enough yield to get my attention, a bit of a slow down on the growth front... shorter term leases. They could grow FFO per share significantly as long as the economy is healthy.

Apr 23, 2015. 02:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I wouldn't touch HERO at this point. The bond guys think they're going under. Common will be wiped out if they are correct.

Look at NADL, considered one of the riskiest offshore drillers with tons of Russia exposure.

Not bad compared to HERO bonds. They're just going straight down...

At this point it seems that SDRL/NADL are well enough capitalized with new enough equipment that even slight improvement in the sector will get them through - and JF's connections to bankers worldwide really decreases the odds of a calamity happening. Odds are they can successfully roll over debt for a few years. The question mark is more about when a dividend can be reinstated, rather than whether debt can be repaid or rolled over.

HERO has no safety net... they have an aging fleet that won't get recontracted, too much debt... they're in trouble.

Just my opinion. But that's what the charts tell me...

Apr 23, 2015. 02:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Evolution Of A Virtual Industrial Park [View article]
    I personally don't care if it pulls back. It gave me a chance to buy a few shares. Just a hundred, but a good starter position while I read more about them. Plus I'm already quite heavy into REITs... did I really need any more going into slightly rising rates? I guess I did... why else would I have pulled the trigger?

They're almost to Oct 2014 levels, where quite a lot was on sale. Can't go too wrong with a 6%+ yield. Would be surprised if rising rates were able to put an 8%+ yield on them... I don't think fed bumps will be that bad. I think it more likely that we see 7-7.5% at most.

Wishing I had loaded up more on DFT/DLR back when a 7% YOC was reality. These rising rates are taking a while to get here.

Apr 22, 2015. 11:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Omega Healthcare Puts The Purr In Performance [View article]
    Yahoo is currently misreporting the yield. It often does that when partial dividends are a factor, such as during mergers.

$0.55+0.56+0.57+0.58 = $2.26... forward 1 year yield 5.95% @ $38/share if the pattern holds.

Apr 22, 2015. 12:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Omega Healthcare Puts The Purr In Performance [View article]
    Aside from that revolver, most of their debt is fixed rate and years out. FFO would not really be impacted by rising rates (it would continue to increase, slightly slower), but the share price would likely still take a beating, along with REITs in general.

I like how OHI always issues equity on those spikes upward. At least a few people in their management understand the market!

Apr 22, 2015. 12:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Realty Capital: In Case You Forgot About The Lingering Risks [View article]
    Gosh, I'd consider it a win if we see $15 again in that timeframe, and their FFO per share passes $1.

Apr 21, 2015. 11:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is AMD Falling Into The Abyss? [View article]
    It's a little strange to on the one hand say that manufacturing technology doesn't matter and doesn't hold them back, but then on the other hand complain about their margins. It's a package deal. Worse manufacturing technology means lower performance, more heat, and worse margins. Until this gets solved by the Samsung manufacturing agreement in 2016, don't expect much.

They've had superior architectures for a while, but they haven't had cost competitive ones. If you have to make a $60 chip to compete with a $30 Intel one... ouch. They don't have the volume either to absorb that R&D expense.

Apr 21, 2015. 11:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Tactical Approach To Healthcare REIT Investing [View article]
    Among a basket of solid performers, the underperformers may offer outperformance over the coming months.

I'm eyeing OHI now that it has pulled back a bit.

Apr 21, 2015. 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Tactical Approach To Healthcare REIT Investing [View article]
    DFT (Datacentre REIT) Just raised its dividend back over a 6% yield.

Can't go wrong with REITs like DFT, DLR, OHI, WPC, etc.

Apr 21, 2015. 10:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WSJ: Apple in talks to launch Apple Pay in Canada this fall [View news story]
    But we have modern payment card processing, years ahead of the US and many other countries. We've had NFC enabled terminals since 2012, I think? That goes directly to how difficult and costly rolling out Apple Pay might be.

Apr 18, 2015. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment