Stock Trader

View Stock Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Intuitive Surgical: The Perfect Time To Buy - A Doctor's Perspective [View article]
    yamalori-that is true that it is "inherently longer" to perform with robots. At the same time, medicine in general in a balance between risks and benefits, just like medications. There have been many studies (a few are cited) that show the obvious benefit of using robotic surgery. It is clear in most cases that robotic surgery has more benefit than risk. Also, it does not take "double" the time to do surgeries robotically. Please cite a study which shows this.
    Additionally, many surgeons do "suck" at doing procedures laparoscopically, however they are still surgeons and are operating. Most residency programs do not test dexterity while interviewing patients for residency. I am happy the member of your family is proficient in it.
    Also, often times both the resident "youngster" and his/her attending will alternate on the robot so both become experienced. This is similar to the way all surgeons become surgeons, they work alongside someone more experienced.
    Mar 18 04:09 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Unless some news comes in that is greatly unexpected I do not see it hitting $400. I see it rising from here but then again nobody truly knows
    Mar 18 04:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for your comment. I would definitely want it done robotically. I agree, surgeons should be proficient in doing the procedure both ways.
    Mar 20 07:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for your reply. You seem very opinionated and I encourage you to write an article yourself. At the time I wrote the article the price of the stock was $459 and it closed today at $495

"You don't need to see a study to see if the surgery is longer"- If you have read my article, you may have noticed that I mentioned the surgery is longer. There are studies that discuss the length of how much longer the procedures are. I would encourage you to read them if you are passionate about robotic surgery as you appear. Depending on the surgery, robotic surgery is about 53 minutes longer, which is not "double" like another commentator wrote.

"Some surgeons don't know how to do the traditional open surgery"- that has nothing to do with robotics. That is simply not a good surgeon

"Anesthetic agents are not candy"- nobody is saying they are. However, as I hope you are aware, the anesthetic risks are much smaller than they used to be. Robotic surgery decreases the risk of bleeding, etc as I discussed in my article

Again-I encourage you to submit your own article to seeking alpha if you are extremely passionate about it.
    Mar 20 07:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks!
    Mar 18 04:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for your comments.
    Mar 18 04:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Agreed! Thanks
    Mar 18 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I replied below. Thanks
    Mar 18 04:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I replied below. Thanks
    Mar 18 04:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes. I believe the value of robotics was greatly mis-represented last week
    Mar 18 04:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Mar 18 04:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, I expect it to further rise although likely not as fast as today
    Mar 18 04:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks! I replied to your comment in a post below and a less detailed response in my profile.
    Mar 18 04:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment