Stockerblog

View Stockerblog's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Want Monthly Dividends? 150 Stocks that Pay [View article]
    The Tax Withholding Issues are that the Canadian companies withhold a portion of the divideneds for tax purposes. You can generally "recoup" these withholdings when you file your tax return. However, if the Canadian stocks are held in a retirement plan such as an IRA, there is no way to recover the withholdings. [No tax advice is expressed or implied. Confirm this info with your CPA or tax preparer.]
    Feb 2, 2007. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Want Monthly Dividends? 150 Stocks that Pay [View article]
    ERH and ZTR are good ones. I will add them in with the next update. ZF is a high yielder, but pays quarterly not monthly. Thanks for your suggestions.
    Jan 31, 2007. 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple, Dreamworks, Yahoo!: Do $1 a Year CEOs Really Boost Stock Value? [View article]
    HI Dave

I liked your thorough analysis about how the $1 a year guys really get paid. However, when I posted my "$1 a year salary CEO: Good for Stocks?"article, it wasn't meant to be a scientific analysis, as I would need a sample of at least 30 to determine statistical significance. As you are aware, the total population of companies with $1 a year CEO's is very small.
    My article was more of a general observation using the assumption that if the CEO's are compensated primarly by price performance (either options or restricted stock), then it would seem that the stock performance should be good.
    If enough executives are paid this way, then it can actually add pennies per share to company earnings. National Student Marketing Corp. tried this in the 1970's with ALL their employees, and it helped the earnings and stock price enormously (before the company went out of business).

Stockerblog
    Jan 16, 2007. 05:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coal Cost Reduction Saves Big for Utilities [View article]
    I agree that the lower spot prices won't kick for another 6 months or so.
    Jan 16, 2007. 04:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Quick Guide To Water Utility Stocks [View article]
    I tried to make the list as close to pure plays as possible but UU is still a good suggestion. When I do an update to the list, I will include it.
    Jan 16, 2007. 04:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 100 CEFs and Stocks That Pay Monthly Dividends [View article]
    Good suggestions. Thanks for providing them. I have also found a few more and I'm in the process of updating my list and should have it ready by the end of the month
    Jan 16, 2007. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 100 CEFs and Stocks That Pay Monthly Dividends [View article]
    After reading your comment, I decided that I should write about shipping stocks since you are right, that is a high yield sector. You can find my article here:
    stockerblog.blogspot.c...
    and it will probably appear in SeekingAlpha shortly.
    Dec 29, 2006. 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Options Rumors: Getting to the Core [View article]
    Great article. I totally agree with your opinions on this, especially on the unusual timing of this news prior to MacWorld. I discussed the MacWorld and Apple stock price 'Correlation' a couple weeks ago in my article hardware.seekingalpha....
    Dec 28, 2006. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At Stock Exchange Stocks [View article]
    Thanks for your compliments. In the interest of full disclosure, I own shares in NYX.
    Dec 28, 2006. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 100 CEFs and Stocks That Pay Monthly Dividends [View article]
    None of the stocks you listed pay their dividends monthly. This list only has monthly dividend payers.
    Dec 28, 2006. 12:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 100 CEFs and Stocks That Pay Monthly Dividends [View article]
    Good suggestion. I just updated the list on my blog ( stockerblog.blogspot.c... ) with additional stocks and added a Canada tag for the Canada stocks.
    Dec 27, 2006. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Quick Guide to Solar Energy Stocks [View article]
    You are definitely right. I was working off a handwritten list and skipped several important ones when I was typing them on the computer (it was late at night). I am in the process of correcting and updating the list and will have it ready shortly.
    Dec 7, 2006. 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 100 CEFs and Stocks That Pay Monthly Dividends [View article]
    Good idea. I'm working on a new list, and the next one I'll list from highest to lowest yield. As long as everyone remembers, highest yield does not indicate highest quality; many times it's the reverse.
    Dec 7, 2006. 10:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 100 CEFs and Stocks That Pay Monthly Dividends [View article]
    Thanks for you list of additional monthly payers. I will add them to the updated list I am working on.
    Dec 7, 2006. 10:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment