StockMatusow

View StockMatusow's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Fairway Group Likely To Beat On EPS, Potential Acquisition By Year End [View article]
    At the time of the our other article, Our best info indicated that WFM had 3 stores in the greater NYC area. WFM has recently opened a few new NYC stores. Upon doing as you suggested, it's apparent you are correct and they have 8 stores. As a result, we removed the reference to the older article.
    May 18, 2015. 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Well-Known Activist Shareholder Pushing For Sale Of Identiv [View article]
    Here is a video I just made on YouTube. Everyone PLEASE listen to it carefully, thanks!

May 15, 2015. 09:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Well-Known Activist Shareholder Pushing For Sale Of Identiv [View article]
    The more you guys write the board with your concerns, the more the board will be inspired to take action.

Jason Hart - pros = Good money guy in terms of securing financing like with Opus bank. Good in terms of original downsizing.

cons -- has a big mouth, talks when he should shut up, did not keep word on "2 new material deals to be pr'd" (December 2014). Made specific statement, "we are a $400M company." Telling some shareholders things that I consider to be inappropriate., Lacks focus on the core biz and is over pushing IOT at the risk of shareholders.

In regards to your other post. Consider that activists may be engaged in things to see a positive outcome here. Consider that if I did a follow up right now, I could potentially hurt shareholders further. Consider I am waiting for at least one activist to show a 13D filing before I follow up.
    May 15, 2015. 08:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Well-Known Activist Shareholder Pushing For Sale Of Identiv [View article]
    Nothing in this article did the CEO tell me.The CEO has never told me any material information, only what he was planning to do to get the stock price moving in the right direction and get the word out in terms of IR, articles in major publications, tv commercials, etc, etc, which none have come to pass.

This article was strictly about Callan's point of view, which we can now clearly see is the right one. It's not the fact INVE came in light on the top line = seasonality and EU played a factor there. The troubling part is the 54 cents a share loss == no real excuse for that.. However, this is what Callan specifically warned against and the reason he wanted/wants a sale.
    May 15, 2015. 08:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Well-Known Activist Shareholder Pushing For Sale Of Identiv [View article]
    Callan has no intention to sell as he has indicated to me several times. Obviously, Dave is his own man and can do what he wants, but again, he has stated this is not his intention.

Have you considered that Callan is working on things to see a successful resolution here in addition to other activists? Have you considered this possibly why I'm waiting to follow up on this?
    May 15, 2015. 08:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Well-Known Activist Shareholder Pushing For Sale Of Identiv [View article]
    And you will get a follow up in the proper time. I'm not done with this, but as I mentioned above, there are many things in consideration. It would be irresponsible of me to follow up at this specific time when certain things need to first be taken care of.
    May 15, 2015. 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Well-Known Activist Shareholder Pushing For Sale Of Identiv [View article]
    This is borderline slander... I don't owe anyone any explanation as it was recently discovered that we were mislead -- example = being told that the company would ramp up pr's and would have articles out on CNBC, Bloomberg, tv commercials, etc, etc by a certain date which was recent.

I have shared this info on my twitter and yahoo boards several times. Callan is independent from myself. At one time we had different views of Jason. He did not trust him, and I did. However, since the time has recently come and gone for Jason to keep his word, I no longer trust the guy.

I don't owe you or anyone else a thing. U are responsible for DD, your own investments and my article disclaimer makes that VERY clear. I don't give recommendations -- I give my own opinions.

Guess what? This is called trading and investing which carries risk. Not all opinions/trades/invest... will work out.

Consider this -- I do want to write stuff about this, but there needs to be proper consideration of everything involved first.

My credibility should be looked at only in my over all stock picking record as we are all here to make money. Not picking and choosing when a pick is bad as all of us have our bad picks.

No where in the past articles did I mention what was specifically said to me in terms of what I list above. Therefore, I DO NOT have a responsibility to to let readers know because I never spoke about them.

Your angst needs to be focused on who is actually responsible for the poor stock performance -- Jason Hart, and Jason Hart alone.

You can do this by writing the board of directors and specifically listing your concerns. Please think carefully about this and while you are at it, go back 4 years worth of our articles and see our actual record, thank you;

Scott Matusow
    May 15, 2015. 08:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Well-Known Activist Shareholder Pushing For Sale Of Identiv [View article]
    I feel you on this one, me too. Jason and I had lunch and he lied right to my face. I even argued with Callan about it as I said I would give Jason a shot and Dave told me, " Scott, he is lying to you, u will see." Callan was right. I got a lot of my subs into this as well and lost a lot of subs, so I am determined to see a good resolution here. We have been working very hard to get right eyes on this.
    May 14, 2015. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Well-Known Activist Shareholder Pushing For Sale Of Identiv [View article]
    U should pay close attention then. U are able to research as I assume you are are abled body person. If so, u can find out about Callan. Yes, I have met Jason before and had lunch with him. I have never personally met Callan, but have spoken to him numerous times over the last 3 years on the phone.

Who says I have dissapeared? Often times the best course of action is for one to keep his/her mouth shut and let things play out.

The only blame for Identiv fails is solely on Jason Hart, who also mislead myself and Dave Callan, among others.
    May 14, 2015. 06:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Identiv's Post-Password Era Solutions Gaining Traction As Company Strengthens Financial Position [View article]
    A CEO's word is very important. It's just not the PR's.. U do understand I have met him in person and have had discussions about what he was intending to do. Callan was also told specific plans which were not kept. Callan furthermore warned Jason " do not lie to me, or I will turn activist."

Jason's primary goal is Jason, period. Advancing himself and putting IOT over the core business. This has to change and likely will based on the activism brewing here that has not yet come to the surface.
    May 9, 2015. 01:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, he has not kept his word to us, Callan, or any other shareholder who has had contact with him. When you tell a writer, activist, or any shareholder u are going to do something, and continually do not meet what is said, thats akin to missing guidance continually and is proof of a manager who just either does not care about shareholders, or does not know how to relate to shareholders/market.
    May 9, 2015. 01:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MEI Pharma Is Undervalued By At Least Half And Will Recover, Here Is Why [View article]
    Meip would not be a take over target in my opinion because all their drugs, but one (in pre clinical) work in combination with other drugs. pps target assuming decent market conditions and positive AML data should be somewhere around the $6 range.
    May 6, 2015. 11:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The above is mainly correct. I know from personal meetings from Hart that his focus really is not on security, but to create " the next big IOT thing." Now, they do have the best-in-class IaaS offering out there. However, Jason and board are entrenched and determined to risk shareholder money in chasing the IOT dream -- along with 1000's of other companies. I can tell you that there is another activist besides Callan. I agree the the PR means nothing on its own. But, there does appear to be a deal with Identiv labs to in fact work on IOT stuff. Of greater importance is Identiv's relationship with AcelRx, who has enlisted the company to help them get Zalviso fixed. If Identiv can manage that, this would be VERY BIG for them and would then bring in real speculation value towards the future. Again, activists are moving here and I would expect in due time for them to make themselves known likely via an open letter to the market like what Voce has done in the past. I do think ultimately the conclusion here will be positive, but I also think Jason is a foolish and basically a bad CEO.
    Apr 28, 2015. 11:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    they have over promised and under delivered = "we are a $400M company (now), we have 2 new deals to announce (still have not announced, that was in December) and company barely meets guidance. Barely meeting guidance with those other factors is why Identiv is going nowhere. I'm confident that activists will "inspire" Jason to be reminded this is not HIS company, not a private company, but a public one :)
    Apr 28, 2015. 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I honestly do not know. I can say there are activists behind the scenes who will force this issue sooner or later
    Apr 28, 2015. 06:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment