StockMatusow

View StockMatusow's Comments BY TICKER:
  • AcelRx Should Trend Higher As FDA Approval Is Likely At End Of This Month [View article]
    it's not a drug aow. Look up current standard of care and what Zalviso actually is Please do the due diligence, thanks! -- Scott
    Jul 2, 2014. 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Volcano Corp. Is Likely To Be Acquired Soon - Here Is Why [View article]
    U betcha 166!
    Jun 28, 2014. 10:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Volcano Corp. Is Likely To Be Acquired Soon - Here Is Why [View article]
    I dont, but i would point out they charge 100k a year, we are 59.95 and were ahead of them by 3 weeks on this one :)
    Jun 27, 2014. 02:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Activist Investor David Callan Has Been Accumulating Identiv Stock, Here's Why [View article]
    Mistake on comments I left. 1% of $7 trillion is $70B, not $7B, so 1/2% of that would be $35B if INVE can grab 1/2% of total IoT market. in other words, they do not need the best products, only good synergy, vision, and execution to become a Multi Billion dollar market cap company in time.
    Jun 25, 2014. 06:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    ACTI had a board of directors who would not allow CEO's free reign. This is evident by the next 2 CEO's being even more a "flop" and being part of huge losses and 20 times the losses of when Hart was there until the last one helped to sell the company for dirt cheap. I'm sure you will agree, if BOD ties the hands of senior management and intervenes constantly with their own plan, that no CEO could thrive in that environment.

I have personally seen this before in my limited ventures into share holder activism. This is not the case at Identiv.

Regardless, the greatest CEO's in market history had failures, even the greatest leaders, Steve Jobs comes to mind among many. I think if Hart had a pattern of constant failure, then you comment about his "flop" would carry more weight. But having pointed out what I did and with my DD, it's a non issue. I like what I am seeing and hearing from him at this time.

To answer your questions, I see Identiv both ways. Value, because it's trading at about 1x sales, and growth, because Hart has cut redundant and cross referenced jobs to the tune of 140 employees. Old senior management had 38 different divisions from acquisitions that they never tried to consolidate, and obviously lost focus. Hart has been consolidating these divisions, and as mentioned, streamlining them into a single platform.

Additionally, he is engaged in a strong name recognition campaign, and setting the stage now to get Identiv out front with IoT. One way Hart is getting Identiv out front are workshops and webinars which educate and generate customer leads. Another way is internet banner placements.

By 2020, IoT will be at least a 7 trillion dollar market. If Identiv grabbed a mere half percent, Identive brings in $3.5B in revenues. What would be the market cap then? I'll bet a lot more than a mere $85M!

Hart does not have to compete per se, he has to promote Identiv name enough to grab a tiny market share = this equates to huge value here in my opinion and opportunity.

Additionally, prior senior management allowed US gov. products to become non compliant. Hart has corrected this in addition to engaging a deal with Verizon and others. I expect more of these and more details.

The key here for Hart is to maintain current customer base while. cost cutting unneeded redundant divisions, which he has already been doing, and not only make sure Identiv product line is compliant, but exceeds compliance.

Also, please listen to Identiv's last earnings call for Q1'14. It will give you a good idea what Hart is engaging in, you can listen to it at

Thanks for the comment!

Jun 25, 2014. 04:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Also, to answer you, Callan is prepared to offer financial help if needed as he informed me and the company. I don't think that will be the case. Remember, the company is guiding $80 to $90M in revenues this year, With division cuts and consolidation, I don't think they will have any issues.

Thanks for the comments!

Scott
    Jun 25, 2014. 04:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

Thanks for the comment!

Scott
    Jun 25, 2014. 04:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    how do u figure they wont generate the cash flow?
    Jun 25, 2014. 03:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    We have been on the investor end of bad companies (Independently) engaged in activism against management in Obagi and Solta. Dave, Dan Plants, and myself collectively and independently engaged in heavy activism in both of those. I don't know Dan from Voce, but found out Dave and I had common friend who introduced us.

Concerning Inve, I had not spoken to Dave in awhile and asked him if he has found any battles worth fighting via activism, which he said no, but told me he found something He thinks will be big in time - Identiv, and asked for my opinion. After doing my DD along with Kyle, we agreed with Dave, in which most of the time we do. As with any potential investment, I just don't take anyone's word for it, so I dug into this one. Inve will take time, and mainly, my bet here is on the CEO over everything else. I have found that over the years, management is the most important factor in deciding to invest in something over just trading something. This is especially true in a small cap company. Otherwise, good products are great, but in the hands of poor management, don't mean much.
    Jun 24, 2014. 10:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, in part, this is reason for the loan, and the good terms associated with it. Individually, Identiv under old management had no synergy, and without a single focus. As long as spending remains single focused -- single platform and integration within IoT.

Also, part of this inferiority based on poor management before, allowing products to fall out of compliance. A company is only as good as its management. If the Jockey is top notch, the products over time will reflect it.
    Jun 24, 2014. 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Here are more proprietary products >> http://bit.ly/1je1EW7

There is a lot more, do the DD~!
    Jun 24, 2014. 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Seek, perhaps u might ask Disney and Verizon? I did imply clearly that all this company needs is 1% penetration. Do the math based on current market cap, research, and come to your own conclusion. The answer to your question can be found on the Identiv website. We will write more in the future on this one that will go more in depth on these things.

We do list links as well; here is one >> http://bit.ly/Vg4xkg

Jason covers a lot of their propitiatory products which is out there for investors to dig into. Our intention is bring a general awareness to INVE -- it's up to poential investors to dig deeper based on this.

Additionally, there are other articles out there that go more into the company. If I list every knook and cranny here in one article, it becomes a novel.

We put INVE out there, now its up to potential investors to do the deeper DD. We plan to write more as time goes by on INVE., gl! Scot
    Jun 24, 2014. 12:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    my opinion is in increments split into 5th positions = 1/5th of desired share total bought at a time., No reason to rush here or chase. I'm an investor here, not a trader. so any price really for now, just using accumulation mode. follow?
    Jun 24, 2014. 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Volcano Corp. Is Likely To Be Acquired Soon - Here Is Why [View article]
    Hi Bently; Perhaps it may be wise to check my/our track record on acquisition calls -- this is what I tend to do with analysts, writers, etc. The disclaimer is added because I'm not a licensed broker, I cannot legally give advice, only opinion, thanks for the comment!

Scott
    Jun 13, 2014. 12:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The IBB Likely To Move Higher Along With These Biotechs With Catalysts Upcoming [View article]
    where exactly did I say these stock have an effect on the $IBB? I said " the IBB likely to move higher ALONG WITH these stocks WHICH HAVE catalysts."

Please; if you are going to comment in attempt to criticise off handed, at least get your facts right!
    Jun 6, 2014. 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment