I am a value investor with a bent for quantitative analysis. I got my start as floor clerk as the CBOE. While I have moved on to other professional endeavors, I have retained my passion for markets. I became a SeekingAlpha contributor because I am an avid user. I love that the content creators and users are one in the same!
Axioms to live by:
* "GAAP is crap". - Me
* "CAPM? More like CRAP-M!" - Me
* "Post-Mortem Portfolio Theory " - Me
* "The WACC is whack! " (another knock on Modern Portfolio Theory) - Me
* "You have to understand the fundamentals first" - Aleks Chechkin
* "You want to know about charts? All ships at the bottom of the ocean had charts; look where that got 'em!" - Bill McMahon
* "If you spend more than 13 minutes analyzing economic and market forecasts, you've wasted 10 minutes." - Peter Lynch
* "The market can remain irrational for longer than you can remain solvent" - Keynes
* "The time to buy is when blood is in the streets" - Baron Rothschild
* "There is no such thing as a bad investment; just a bad price"
* "The solution for high (low) prices is high (low) prices"
* “You can’t compensate for risk by using a high discount rate.” - Warren Buffet, quoted at a 1998 Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting
I am the President of TFST Publishing which is a Stock Advisory Service . We publish The Focused Stock Trader an online newsletter www.thefocusedstocktradercom
I have been a stock broker, investment banker, and CEO of 2 micro-cap companies ( see LinkedIn). At the present time I am focused on my newsletter which ended 2013 with 85 profitable trades out of 95 recommendations, for an annualized return of 265%. The Focused Stock Trader recommended the purchase of 49 stocks in 2013. The 49 stocks that were recommended had an average high 64% above The Focused Stock Trader’s recommendation price. The top ten trades all had a high at least 90% above The Focused Stock Trader’s recommendation price. OVERALL THE TOP TEN RECOMMENDATIONS HIGH PRICE HAD AN AVERAGE RETURN OF 170% ABOVE THE FOCUSED STOCK TRADER’S INITIAL RECOMMENDATION PRICE.
You can also follow us on Facebook @ Facebook.com/TheFocusedStockTrader Twiter and LinkedIn
Tanina Frouge Linden, CFP®
Partner, Futurity Capital LLC
Proven investment manager with experience in investments, research, trend analysis, due diligence and financial planning. Proficient in high-impact presentations, white papers and industry research reports. Excellent at building, nurturing and growing client relationships. Experience with alternative as well as traditional investment classes.
81 years old and counting.
PhD in Biochem, minor Genetics, UNC Chapel Hill.
MS Analytical Chem, St. Joseph's. (evening college).
BSc Chem, PCPS, now USP Philadelphia.
Hobby: Neurophysiological basis of the Rise and Fall of Civilizations
More-or-less self-taught individual small investor, who started late.
IMHO, Seeking Alpha is THE PREMIUM SITE w/o a peer!