StockRiters

View StockRiters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Is Going On At Microsoft? [View article]
    Right after the last earnings, MSFT jumped up like that. On April 19, I see a spike of some $3; it hasn't gone much down since.
    May 28 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long And Bumpy Road Ahead For Tesla [View article]
    Great comment, my friend. Having spent most of my life in New York (and several countries in Asia, Africa and the EU), I can agree with you about the American knack of creating futuristic technologies. Like Achilles asked in the movie - is there no one else? And no indeed, there is no one else like that.

If someone read both my Tesla articles in conjunction, a lot of this confusion will go away. I like the car, the concept, the CEO and even the scientist whose namesake the company is. Did you know Nikola Tesla developed a sort of matter-energy equation 5 years before Einstein?

Anyway, my point has been that the car and the company are great, but the world is not yet ready for them. Bet on it if you will, but I see a correction in the stock in the near term. If the company survives the oil age, it will definitely thrive and become like another Ford of the 20th century. But pioneers create trails, and latecomers survive into the future. I hope Tesla would not become another glorified pioneer.

By the way, I think oil-driven cars should never have been created. I think battery driven cars should have been the first cars to have been created. Americans and others have been tinkering with that futuristic technology for over a hundred years. Lets call that EV an evolution today, rather than the future. It has been there for a long, long time.
    May 22 02:36 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long And Bumpy Road Ahead For Tesla [View article]
    @Mike Holt, I can't give you an exact price without doing a proper valuation, but I am more or less confident it is overvalued by a large margin. The problem is not just with Tesla, but with the 100-years of oil that does not easily let us adopt new technology.

Imagine Tesla bringing out the Model S in the days of Nikola Tesla, just before the first cars came onroad. Then this would have been the future, rather than stupid oil-guzzling cars. However, that didn't happen, and now we have a car that is futuristic and backward at the same time, and a stock that will probably hurt a lot of investors.
    May 22 12:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long And Bumpy Road Ahead For Tesla [View article]
    I agree in general that is not a good investment thesis, but particularly for EV, the reasons I wouldn't buy the car are the same reasons many people would not buy it, not yet. That is why I wouldn't want to invest in it - it is a precocious technology.
    As for your first point, that does not make sense. We don't need portable gas statios because they are ubiquitous. As for the battery, the best battery in the industry doesn8t mean it is good enough.
    May 21 04:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long And Bumpy Road Ahead For Tesla [View article]
    Tesla is definitely a company of the future. The future is not here yet. That is the crux of our doubt about the company, and especially its stock. If I wouldn't want to buy the car, I wouldn't want to buy the stock either. Let them come out with a portable supercharger, let them come up with a super battery, and let them have a lower priced niche luxury car that doesn't need to be sold on credit. Then I would be interested.
    May 21 03:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Broad Look At Teva's Pipeline [View article]
    That is a great idea for a topic. Let us see if we can work something along those lines.
    May 21 11:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hybrid Memory Cube: Making Super-Fast Computing A Reality [View article]
    Russ, coming from you, thats a lot of praise! Thanks, I appreciate the great work that you do.

As part of our company contract, analysts are not allowed to buy stocks they write about.
    May 14 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Providing Banking To The Unbanked [View article]
    The novelty is in its implementation.
    May 13 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hybrid Memory Cube: Making Super-Fast Computing A Reality [View article]
    I think, for the next 5 years, while HMC percolates into various industries, the existing technology will live on. However, just like that old article we quoted, it is going to die off if HMC does not have serious issues going forward.
    May 11 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Selling Out TNK-BP Is The Best Deal For BP [View article]
    Multiple sources, including the Russian TASS, mention this figure.

However, their own IR page says 200 million tonnes per year.

May 8 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why BHP Billiton Should Demerge Its Operation From China [View article]
    N Korea keeps doing that, but I dont think there is going to be any major economic impact from all that. War is anyway good for the economy of whoever wins it. More oil, steel, construction. All good stuff.
    May 8 03:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why BHP Billiton Should Demerge Its Operation From China [View article]
    Yes, I did raise these objections at the end of the article, myself.
    May 7 01:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • End Of The mREIT Honeymoon? [View article]
    They actually did call it plagIArism, however, it probably did not include using freely available public data about the key stats of a company.
    May 2 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will The Galaxy S4 Win It For Samsung In India? [View article]
    People start with middlemen and then when they grow a little strong they usually do away with them, or buy them out. Samsung is very, very strong all over Asia, they are not a "foreign" company in many places, unlike Apple. They have localized themselves. I think that is a very big point in favor of them. In most of Asia, quality/price is more important than brand value and image.
    May 2 03:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • End Of The mREIT Honeymoon? [View article]
    The debt to equity ratio is given in various different measures. YF gives it in our way - or rather, we gave it their way. Finviz gives it in another way, as does ycharts.

Basically, to come to the SEC equivalent, divide this number by 100.

See here

and compare to here

And don't call me "uninitiated." Please.
    May 2 01:03 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment