StockRiters

View StockRiters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Negative Correlation Between Gold And The Stock Market [View article]
    Some only think they can read.

Sorry, couldn't help myself:)

Not directed at anyone.
    Oct 12 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Negative Correlation Between Gold And The Stock Market [View article]
    Here, this one does give an idea of the magnitude of the differences:

Oct 12 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Understanding Carl Icahn's Oshkosh Strategy [View article]
    Exactly!
    Oct 12 10:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Understanding Carl Icahn's Oshkosh Strategy [View article]
    Yes, OSK is a long term thing, like wars, and building highrises. JLG is its best unit now, why should they spin it off? As for being more proactive, well, the most proactive for them is to start a war somewhere and then sell supply trucks to both sides. I don't think they would do that. :)

Seriously, though, I don't think this company should be raided at this time.
    Oct 12 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Genesis Energy CEO Buys $6.5 Million Of Company Shares: Analysis [View article]
    I don't think this is a short term kind of stock; its a slow, steady earner. I don't see much news to make it rise this month.
    Oct 12 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At Key Hedge Fund Holdings: Bridgewater Associates [View article]
    Yes, interesting investments here.
    Oct 12 05:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Negative Correlation Between Gold And The Stock Market [View article]
    "There is a much stronger (negative) correlation between the value of the U.S. dollar and gold."

Good point. This concept could make a report by itself.
    Oct 12 05:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Negative Correlation Between Gold And The Stock Market [View article]
    You are right; maybe you can show my readers where there's a true correlation graph showing the magnitude of the correlation. I couldn't find a better graph without a lot more research.
    Oct 12 05:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Negative Correlation Between Gold And The Stock Market [View article]
    I always believe that their product doesn't provide gold miners as much leverage as some would believe. Mining stocks are just like any other stocks; especially Barrick's purchase of a 8 billion USD copper mine didn't do the stock much good. I can't comment off the top of my head whether GDX et all will ramp up in the short term; however, movement will probably have little to do with the price of gold itself.
    Oct 11 10:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At Key Hedge Fund Holdings: Bridgewater Associates [View article]
    Thats some good data I could have used in my article. Thanks papaoffour. This clarifies at least one strangeness in this strange hedge fund.
    Oct 11 10:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At Key Hedge Fund Holdings: Bridgewater Associates [View article]
    Here's the full list - http://1.usa.gov/PqbLgS

anyways, thanks again.
    Oct 11 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At Key Hedge Fund Holdings: Bridgewater Associates [View article]
    Thanks for the input. Which of their ETFs are Apple-heavy? I could look that up, but better to ask so other readers can use that info.
    Oct 11 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At Key Hedge Fund Holdings: Bridgewater Associates [View article]
    These guys are all about the technology/semiconductor sector. However, they don't have Apple, and they don't have Nokia - not even in the under $10 mil category. I too was surprised by the big absence of AAPL. Wish I could ask Mr Dalio what he was thinking about AAPL.
    Oct 11 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, you are right; $34 is the price target - http://bit.ly/SMorxQ

GEL at 33.51 right now.
    Oct 10 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: The Basics, Pros, Cons, The Whole Scoop [View article]
    good time to buy as the stock goes down? That depends on your faith in Vascepa and AMRN's management.
    Oct 10 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment