StockRiters

View StockRiters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Is Behind Vringo's Lawsuit Against ZTE? [View article]
    Makes for a spy thriller quality reading. See the elements - Ken Lang, whose Lycos patents, infringed by Google, created one of its principal source of revenue; Ken now returns for a long yearned vengeance; Nokia's old problem with its own Chinese customers stealing its technology, so Nokia sells that technology and gives David Cohen to Vringo so Vringo can pursue the Chinese; the Chinese companies accused of spying on the US; Vringo's merger with I/P and conversion from a small tech firm to an important IP litigation firm - thrillers have been written on less material.:)
    Oct 10 04:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Behind Vringo's Lawsuit Against ZTE? [View article]
    Thank you. Yes, I found Ken Lang's story very interesting. I would have said "like a Hollywood movie" but Hollywood hasn't had a good movie lately, so not saying that. But yeah, that could be a great story if followed up in-depth - maybe I would do that.
    Oct 9 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Behind Vringo's Lawsuit Against ZTE? [View article]
    Thanks. Interesting speculations; if more trolls roam the dark forests of IP litigation and start attacking existing denizens, I can see this happening. A single solitary fighter? Nah. Google and others will pay a few hundred million dollars, write it off as operating expenses and save tax on it, and go along their merry way as usual.
    Oct 9 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Behind Vringo's Lawsuit Against ZTE? [View article]
    Your comment made my day.
    Oct 9 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is Behind Vringo's Lawsuit Against ZTE? [View article]
    Thanks EXP, yes more lawsuits on the way. Nice business model.
    Oct 9 10:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: The Basics, Pros, Cons, The Whole Scoop [View article]
    Short term? I think it will go down under $10 for at least 2 weeks if AMRN announces it is marketing Vascepa itself. If it does a good job, though - and I think it would - the stock will climb back, and keep climbing to above $20 levels by the next quarter. The key words here are, of course, "I think." :)
    Oct 9 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: The Basics, Pros, Cons, The Whole Scoop [View article]
    Or he may have acquired an antigen? Isn't he opposed to a quick merger now?
    Oct 9 07:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: The Basics, Pros, Cons, The Whole Scoop [View article]
    It was HQ-ed in Dublin, I believe; incorporated in Britain - but then Liston is an Irish name so I won't disagree with you.:)
    Oct 9 12:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: The Basics, Pros, Cons, The Whole Scoop [View article]
    Yes, you are right, I saw a company announcement dated to the beginning of September that 12/769,885 has been given a Notice of Allowance.

I really hate to make statements without doing adequate research, and I haven't really studied the patent situation in-depth. However, doesn't approval of 12/769,885 clear the issue for FDA for giving NCE status? Or had the previous patents already done that, and is the FDA waiting for something else?
    Oct 8 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: The Basics, Pros, Cons, The Whole Scoop [View article]
    That is one redeeming point of the previous article. There was no insider buy in a long, long time - there was a good deal of insider offloading. Here's my positive spin to this: this is a R&D stage biotech company with no current revenue. It has had to have a lot of investment funds supporting it all through its history. Now, these funds are answerable to their customers, owners etc. Maybe those people said - show us some real money as against those two birds in that far away bush. Maybe that is why the fund directors (named in the article, also directors of AMRN) cashed in some of their stake when the good news came.

That is the positive spin. It can be bolstered by the fact that the offloading was done exclusively by these directors. See the list here - http://bit.ly/UOh7PX

Ordinary insiders did not sell a single share. Like you, or others long on AMRN, they are probably waiting for it to become a billion dollar revenue company.
    Oct 8 08:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: The Basics, Pros, Cons, The Whole Scoop [View article]
    Thanks fghton.
    Oct 8 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: The Basics, Pros, Cons, The Whole Scoop [View article]
    Thanks Gary.
    Oct 8 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin: The Basics, Pros, Cons, The Whole Scoop [View article]
    Yes, I did notice that, but not being a doctor, did not realize the importance of the difference. Now, on a second (and a third) reading, it seems to me that they mean that Lovaza aggravates (is that the word here?) AF; I don't know.

However, if it does aggravate, that means it is a cause in a way, just not a sufficient cause. I don't know. Is there a doctor who can elaborate on this?
    Oct 8 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insider Sales Case Study: It Is A Deceptive Indicator Of Insider Confidence In A Company [View article]
    How can I not understand that! :)
    Oct 8 04:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks, I also replied to your comment in the other article.
    Oct 8 04:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment