StockRiters

View StockRiters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Will We Do With BlackBerry? [View article]
    What mobile computing future? Let this company survive first, and then maybe next year, if it isn't bought out by Lenovo or some other Chinese company, I will discuss its future, mobile computing and otherwise.
    After so many years of offering backdated devices to a glue-stuck fan club - while every other player made large strides and developed technological marvels - Blackberry has come up with a phone that has **some chance** of taking on the competition.
    Lets give it a year and see if it even moderately succeeds in growing up into the modern age, and then we will talk about its future.
    Right now, I would buy a Samsung or an Apple any day, and not worry too much about mobile data security.
    Apr 2 11:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will We Do With BlackBerry? [View article]
    Hey, I have no financial interest in any company I write about, PERIOD. Not in the 72-hour window SA provides.
    Apr 2 10:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will We Do With BlackBerry? [View article]
    Thank you, Dave. I never claimed my article or my writing in general was perfect. All I want is to give an alternative view, so before you hit that BUY button you step back and wait and ask yourself - should I really be doing this?
    Apr 2 10:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will We Do With BlackBerry? [View article]
    What do you mean "unhelpful"? I wrote a well-researched article that had some facts and a lot of opinion, that article created a discussion where people much more knowledgeable than myself wrote excellent comments, everyone learned from these comments and at least one user did say that the article gave him pause before making an investment decision.

I know Blackberry is a lot of emotion these days, especially with long-term investors and/or fans (not meant as a pejorative). So any article that is not effusive does meet with a certain negative comments.

However, the best thing about seekingalpha is not what we write, but how well we can generate a discussion. The best thing about this site is its knowledgeable and eagerly participating commenters. This article, in about 3 hours, generated a load of comments and a healthy discussion.

Where do you get off saying the article wasn't useful??
    Apr 2 10:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The mREIT Bubble About To Bust? [View article]
    Yes, thats what I said. Diversification is just one kind of hedging.
    Apr 2 02:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The mREIT Bubble About To Bust? [View article]
    Yes, absolutely. Diversification is one kind of hedging. In this case, that is what I meant by the word.
    Apr 2 12:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The mREIT Bubble About To Bust? [View article]
    We are talking about mREITs and asking if the bubble is about to bust: Right?
    So when we invest in a REIT Index ETF we invest in the industry as a whole including REITs that operate and invest in industrial, commercial and residential real estate.
    Part of my dollar goes in mREIT which may or may not bust
    I remain invested in both high-risk as well as low-risk REITs.
    That was my logic.
    Apr 2 12:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The mREIT Bubble About To Bust? [View article]
    Absolutely. I write bad articles so I can inspire great comments.:)

Just kidding, but yeah, I have always learned more from comments than from my own research.
    Apr 2 11:41 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chip Off AMD From Your Portfolio [View article]
    No, but they say it here - http://bit.ly/YxSmg1;highlight=
    Mar 24 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twists And Turns In Dell's Buy-Out [View article]
    I don't know of any specific ruling, but i am sure the IRS has it all figured. I do know, though, that buying US shares is not easy for foreign entities without a lot of information made available.
    Mar 20 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Waste Management, Not Really Uncool After All [View article]
    Are you talking about the ALT text for images? Maybe that is a browser issue? I can see images clearly on this article, at least. If you can give more details about the issue, I will be happy to talk to someone to fix it up.
    Mar 20 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Waste Management, Not Really Uncool After All [View article]
    What weird format?
    Mar 20 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gaming Stocks, Where To Put Your Money [View article]
    Thank you, Minnie. Not only do I like these stocks, I also play their games!:)
    Mar 19 09:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach Inc.: Bag It [View article]
    Thanks John. Coach looks like a bargain right now.
    Mar 7 08:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can ARM Holdings Sustain Its Multiples? [View article]
    Ashraf, I like the idea of a company that is small, and still makes such a huge dent in the industry simply by licensing its (self-designed) IP. Smart, I call it. What they did in the last few months?

1. licensed big.Little to Samsung for the first 8-core mobile processor to be developed
    2. scared Intel into pre-delivering its S1200, to the point that I think with the next ARM development in the server space, they will have a multi-year lead over Intel here.
    3. very good earnings despite street pessimism
    4. and in general, despite being so tiny compared to INTC, still kept that giant in check for such a long time. None of Intel's competing technology has really taken off so far, while ARM is slogging along just fine.

For such a small company, I call that pretty intriguing.
    Mar 6 11:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment