StockRiters

View StockRiters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Can ARM Holdings Sustain Its Multiples? [View article]
    Thanks, you can read my bullish take on Intel, which pretty much says the same thing you say about it - http://seekingalpha.co...

However, I have been impressed by some of what ARM has been doing these days (after I wrote that Intel article) so not too sure how empty that glass is.
    Mar 6 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach Inc.: Bag It [View article]
    Thanks, burger guy.
    Mar 6 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: Why Is Warren Buffett Selling This Stock? [View article]
    Yes, I meant trimmed when I said exited. My bad - although my article does clarify he trimmed, not exited.
    Mar 5 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World Of Medicinal Weed [View article]
    To say nothing of how relaxing these medicines are. :)

Just kidding; yes, these are risky bets that should only be looked at by day traders, or investors with a day trader's attitude to keeping in touch with the markets.
    Feb 25 06:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McGraw-Hill: Creditworthiness In Question [View article]
    I see the retaliation not in the charges, but in the timing. As you said, they were long overdue - 5 years, to be precise. They knew this all along. Why now? Why within a month of the downgrade?
    Feb 23 07:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Sell Netflix [View article]
    You don't agree with my position, and yet you say the article is good. Thanks. Not everyone will do that.
    Feb 20 04:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Factors That Differentiate Bank Of America From Other Banks Of America [View article]
    I think there's some difference between the other companies you mention, and Apple. Apple is a good stock because customers like its products. However, BAC may be a good stock even though customers do not like it much (this is an example, no call to take it literally). I think this is a difference because Apple is a brand, it has a brand value.
    Feb 18 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Shale Oil Production Affect Oil Stocks? [View article]
    Sure, and the answer to your question would depend on a number of factors. Just like it is here. If you meant to say is it a tautology, then, no, it is not.
    Feb 18 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, I read that article, I think it was also in the Fortune magazine. I agree with much of what Bair says. However, even if it is a good thing, I think it will be hard to break these big banks up merely by free market action. I think they will have to make some laws to do that, and they will only do that if it is politically correct at that time. What is politically correct is often - in the short term - determined largely by who has more money. The big banks, by definition, have a lot of money. If something happens and the banks lose money (once again), I think that will create a political atmosphere where they can be made smaller, and more efficient, be broken up.
    Feb 16 02:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I think smaller, regional banks do better in a bear market than national banks. Remember how some of the big banks almost collapsed in the 1990s Bear? I seem to remember regional banks doing better then.
    Feb 16 02:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    To be precise, I did not say BAC is sleazy, or that it is not. I simply said that whether a bank is sleazy or not with a customer might not have much to do with its investment thesis, not in the short term.
    Feb 16 01:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What is bad for the customer may be good for the shareholder. Sad but true.
    Feb 16 06:37 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Celsion Survive? [View article]
    Doxorubicin is approved for cancer usage, and it is a component of ThermoDox; I meant it to be an approved drug in that sense. Of course, ThermoDox itself has not been approved (and does not seem to have much chance, after the Phase III HEAT trials failure).
    Feb 12 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Versus Microsoft, What Is The Prognosis? [View article]

Yes, i wrote "revenues" in my other articles, but the reference i used said profit, so I wanted to give both pictures. But thanks, you are right, that profit notion is wrong. And it doesnt make legal sense.
    Feb 6 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Versus Microsoft, What Is The Prognosis? [View article]
    Sorry, my math was so off; I have submitted a correction. However, my question still remains: was it profit, or was it revenue? In Google's case, I believe they calculated it on the profit. If that happens here as well, MSFT is running a loss on Bing etc. However, willful infringement will have a penalty despite loss. So it will be interesting to see how this develops.
    Feb 6 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment