StockRiters

View StockRiters' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Apple Dumping Intel In The MacBook? Don't Believe This Bogus Rumor [View article]
    Ashraf, your technology articles are really, really good. You do know your stuff. Thanks for the great article!
    Nov 6, 2012. 04:59 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple May Lose The Smartphone War To Google [View article]
    It seems to me that those comments which say that Apple is a luxury item, a unique item, a high-end item etc are only proving my point - my point being, that Google's total effort has been to bring the smartphone to the common people. There's a 7 billion strong market out there, and the high price, the hardware-dependence of Apple has made it unable to penetrate that market. Hence, even if, arguably, Apple is the best smartphone there is, it is going to lose the business war, even if it gets brownie points for design and other things. I give it 5 years before it becomes an ultra luxury item that very very rich people pay ugly prices to own. The market, however, will be dominated by Google, IMHO.
    Sep 7, 2012. 10:19 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The mREIT Bubble About To Bust? [View article]
    Absolutely. I write bad articles so I can inspire great comments.:)

Just kidding, but yeah, I have always learned more from comments than from my own research.
    Apr 2, 2013. 11:41 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: Driven By Lumia And Asha [View article]
    I still have it sideways, and I will do anything to stand out!:)
    Jan 17, 2013. 01:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: Calculating The Verdict's Impact On The Stock [View article]
    So you are telling us that understanding what happened in the past has no bearing on understanding what is going to happen in the future?

Even if you argue that the cases are not equivalent (which I actually did admit in the article - no two cases are absolutely equivalent), they still have enough similarities to merit a comparative study.

However, if you ask me, will the same thing that happened with IDCC and VHC happen here, I will say no, probably not exactly the same thing. There are other factors we need to consider. However, a study of this type does help investors get a perspective.

What do you think?
    Nov 6, 2012. 04:56 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silly Patents: The Effect Of Apple's Rejected Patent Claims On The Samsung Lawsuit [View article]
    Well, to be sure, Samsung is not going to get a reversal on the case, unless I am much mistaken. What it can achieve is part-modifications to the verdict; more important, it can partly remove that public perception that it is a copycat company, and nothing but. Things like this will show people that there's more to the story than the jury heard in court, and that patenting rounded rectangles may not work for any company, Apple or anyone else. Not to slight Apple's great inventions, but this sort of spurious patent-granting needs another considered look by legislators.
    Oct 24, 2012. 09:40 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple May Lose The Smartphone War To Google [View article]
    Of course I understand that. What I also understand from my POV is that the very fact that you cannot escape Apple, even if you wanted to, is going to ruin it. If you have 50 employees working for you, maybe you can afford all that $$$. But maybe your 50 employees can't really afford that - so they will look out for alternatives. Once a viable alternative appears, they will switch, right? And there's 7 billion not-rich people out there; how many phones can a few rich guys buy?
    Sep 7, 2012. 10:37 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tegra 4i - Shaping Nvidia's Future [View article]
    why Tegra 4i is better than Qualcomm Snapdragon 800

1. Tegra 4i is half the die size area of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800.
    2. Tegra 4i is 2.7X the CPU performance per mm2 than the Snapdragon 800 on synthetic, integer-based benchmarks

Link: http://bit.ly/15WMdza
    Apr 30, 2013. 08:09 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who's Afraid Of The Brown-Vitter Legislation [View article]
    Yeah, same folks who elected the last government.:)
    Apr 27, 2013. 09:15 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons You Should Buy Apple Despite Its Fall From Grace [View article]
    Lol, how do I write such nonsense sometimes? Good catch, that was silly.
    Apr 15, 2013. 03:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons You Should Buy Apple Despite Its Fall From Grace [View article]
    If you will read my articles on Apple when it was scaling $700, you will see I didn't subscribe to the hype. Now that it has sobered out, I think it is nearing, or has arrived at, its right valuation. Even on my worst Apple-hating day, I never thought Apple didn't have value. It is one of the best American stocks, and people who buy it today will make money.
    Apr 15, 2013. 01:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons You Should Buy Apple Despite Its Fall From Grace [View article]
    alphaman35, Apple is not overvalued at this time, for a company with $135 billion in cash I would say it is pretty rightly valued.
    Apr 15, 2013. 11:54 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is This The Right Time To Short Tesla? [View article]
    Dan, you are right. I was a little queasy comparing Tesla to the Volt, which, as you say, is better compared with the Toyota Prius and other hybrids. I did say that in the very second sentence, but thanks for pointing it out.
    Apr 3, 2013. 11:55 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is This The Right Time To Short Tesla? [View article]
    Yes, the finance option is good; I am kind of interested in seeing whether Tesla can beat Merc in the depreciation count.
    Apr 3, 2013. 10:53 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Factors That Differentiate Bank Of America From Other Banks Of America [View article]
    What is bad for the customer may be good for the shareholder. Sad but true.
    Feb 16, 2013. 06:37 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment