StockRiters

View StockRiters' Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Reasons You Should Buy Apple Despite Its Fall From Grace [View article]
    I believe the phrase "shall remain unnamed" means something entirely different from "nameless."
    Apr 16 02:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons You Should Buy Apple Despite Its Fall From Grace [View article]
    Lol, how do I write such nonsense sometimes? Good catch, that was silly.
    Apr 15 03:13 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons You Should Buy Apple Despite Its Fall From Grace [View article]
    Nicely put, and that is just the question we all have to ask.
    Apr 15 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons You Should Buy Apple Despite Its Fall From Grace [View article]
    If you will read my articles on Apple when it was scaling $700, you will see I didn't subscribe to the hype. Now that it has sobered out, I think it is nearing, or has arrived at, its right valuation. Even on my worst Apple-hating day, I never thought Apple didn't have value. It is one of the best American stocks, and people who buy it today will make money.
    Apr 15 01:14 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons You Should Buy Apple Despite Its Fall From Grace [View article]
    alphaman35, Apple is not overvalued at this time, for a company with $135 billion in cash I would say it is pretty rightly valued.
    Apr 15 11:54 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons You Should Buy Apple Despite Its Fall From Grace [View article]
    Yes, but note that the iPhone 5 was mostly an incremental improvement. I am confident that is going to change with their next product, or the next one after that. My article just wanted to clear the hype (and the anti-climax) and get at the real Apple - which is still extremely valuable.
    Apr 15 11:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Trend Of Order Slashing Does Not Bode Well For Apple [View article]
    I keep hearing about this change in the story, but no one seems to be able to cite a source. As for one commenter who found my tone insulting, that is surprising since I merely used the same tone as his original comment.

When multiple authoritative sources repeat a news item, there's a good reason people accept it as true. The reason being - at least a few of these journalists (not me, I do not have the wherewithal) - are assumed to have independently verified the news item. So, although WSJ might have brought out this story, BBC and the rest are almost certainly posting independently-verified material.
    Jan 15 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Trend Of Order Slashing Does Not Bode Well For Apple [View article]
    Yes sir, I appreciate your humility in acknowledging your ignorance, which I assure you can be quickly dispelled by doing a quick Google search on the matter, which will show you that not only the Wall Street Journal, but Reuters, BBC News, Marketwatch, Fox, The Independent, TeleGraph UK, The New York Post, and 691 other sources have carried this piece of news. I certainly do not get paid more than an WSJ journalist, and even if I did, I would be hard put to find the so-called "real scoop" outside of what the media has published. It appears to me that you - and the Apple following of recently dwindling vocal volume - has access to some privileged sources; I refer to the "some analysts" you claim have repudiated this piece of news. I - and my readers - would be very appreciative if you would be so kind as to cite your sources - like I have cited mine.

One source that might be of some help is an old book, published some 200 years ago, whose title is "On Heroes and Hero Worship."
    Jan 15 12:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shouldn't Apple Be Looking At Improving Global Sales Figures? [View article]
    I think what you are referring to is a Giffen good. Problem with Giffen goods, they are valuable as long as they are overpriced - as you say; however, they are also valuable only as long as they have a miniscule market share.
    Dec 11 12:32 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shouldn't Apple Be Looking At Improving Global Sales Figures? [View article]
    Actually, the iphone is cheaper in the US (carrier subsidies) than in many other markets; India, for example, as my price examples show. They don't need to lower/raise prices; they need better tie-ups, both in India and China, with regional carriers.
    Dec 11 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shouldn't Apple Be Looking At Improving Global Sales Figures? [View article]
    You are right, that was a typo. I have asked them to correct it right away.
    Dec 11 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shouldn't Apple Be Looking At Improving Global Sales Figures? [View article]
    There's no "low-end" market; there's mature market and immature market. And immature markets tend to grow up, while mature markets tend to become saturated. So, they really shouldn't leave that for other "fish" or they will end up in trouble. IBM sold the PC business for a variety of reasons; not just because they didn't want the low end market.
    Dec 11 11:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Shouldn't Apple Be Looking At Improving Global Sales Figures? [View article]
    I think one of the reasons is the whole walled-in ecosystem thing. I mean, an ecosystem is great if it is cheaper than its alternatives. If not, people - especially in many foreign markets - wouldn't want to be bound by a pricy ecosystem. That is one area they need to focus, besides pricing. The iphone is actually cheaper in the US compared to many outside markets, because of carrier tie-ups.
    Dec 11 10:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shouldn't Apple Be Looking At Improving Global Sales Figures? [View article]
    Hey, I don't short Apple or any other stock I write negatively about. Plus this isn't a negative article at all. If you thought so, you misread it. This is constructive suggestion. I really think they should focus on foreign markets.
    Dec 11 10:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apples And Oranges - Is There Anything Beyond The iPhone/iPad Story? [View article]
    Thank you, your comment is perceptive. Apple does have a coolness factor, as that British judge also admitted (it was funny). Now let them bring out that iTV and we will see where this stock ends up.
    Nov 2 02:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment