StockSaints

View StockSaints' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tibco Software Second Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    I have to agree. Usually drops like this take at least two or three days before the dust settles
    Jun 20 04:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kroger First-Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Hi Carter,

Thanks for reading.

I think you're confusing revenue and market cap. Market cap is what a company is worth and Kroger is worth $24 billion. Revenue is $98 billion
    Jun 14 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dead Money Stocks To Sell Now [View article]
    I responded to many of the comments in a follow-up piece http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 14 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dead Money Stocks To Sell Now [View article]
    I agree that you should not let an article ruin your investment.

What you should do is weigh it objectively as you can (hard to do when you have a dog in the fight) to see if it offers insight that you may not have given thought to before.

Never invest in a stock without a game plan on what you're going to do if the market doesn't agree with your thesis.
    Jun 13 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dead Money Stocks To Sell Now, Part II [View article]
    Hey Ryan,

Thanks for reading and being a good sport about my use of your comment.

You're correct up to a point (about value). You can't assume you're right and the market is wrong. You should assume the opposite unless you have unique insight that the market is failing to understand.

The market is (mostly) efficient. There's a valid reason why stocks are making new 52 week lows. The term "dividend trap" wasn't coined by accident.

That said, I do wish you the very best with your investments and I don't have a "death wish" for these names.
    Jun 12 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dead Money Stocks To Sell Now [View article]
    Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.

You write that as if he "allowed" $49 to happen. Icahn is sharp, but doesn't have Jedi mind control over the market. I hope there is more to your bull thesis.

Regardless, best of luck with your investment

Respectfully,

Bob
    Jun 11 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rite Aid First Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    It certainly is a good trading vehicle. I wouldn't short it, but short-term long trading, especially around a position is a viable strategy for experienced traders.
    Jun 10 11:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rite Aid First Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Thanks Rich, I appreciate that you took the time to say so.

Respectfully,

Bob
    Jun 10 08:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Capstone Turbine Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Thanks. If the company can gain a footing with pricing, it could squeeze.

With a backlog of orders, if they can't do it now, I'm not sure when.
    Jun 5 01:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Capstone Turbine Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview [View article]
    Hi Barry,

Thanks for reading and commenting.

I understand why you may scratch your head. Capstone is such a unique company it's hard to compare to anyone. That said, having something to compare to is a valuable exercise and these companies are "as good as it gets".
    Jun 5 09:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look Into The Sirius Acquisition From Agero [View article]
    Duke -

"why did the seller sell the business?"

It's often for the same reason that most home-owners sale their homes - to cash out and move on to the next great idea. Or management might have realized that they have maximized what they can effectively get out of that business. Or as you are implying, in reference to Apple, it could be that they don't wish to fight.

In either case, it's left up to Sirius to harvest what value it can get out of the acquisition. I have no idea what their plans are. But Agero doesn't hurt Sirius chances of fighting Apple. The real question is, how does it help?
    Sep 25 07:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Has At Least 11% Short-Term Upside [View article]
    "Cisco announced favorable earnings for the 2012 fiscal fourth quarter. "

Is this a typo?
    Aug 28 06:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SoundExchange Sues Sirius XM For $100 Million - Should You Care? [View article]
    Way to cover it CN. Well done, as always!

Cheers!
    Aug 27 05:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Should End The Steve Ballmer Experiment [View article]
    Well, what do you know.... they listened.
    Aug 25 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Misinformation About The Sirius XM Share Buyback [View article]
    CN -

I think you have finally outdone yourself. This is your best work yet. I appreciate the time that you have put into this. After this article I don't think anyone can argue that you are indeed the authority on Sirius - although I don't believe it was ever a debate. You've been criticized as a "bear" for stating facts. Well, sometimes facts are hard to swallow. But they are good for us.
    Jul 30 07:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment