StockSaints

View StockSaints' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Doesn't Have A Problem, You Do [View article]
    Hello rperson,

Thanks for reading my article and sharing your thoughts.

We are on the same side of the fence so I mean no disrespect, but I would suggest you "don't know what is" (your words).

Nothing wrong with a fund liquidating some or all of their holdings. In the process it probably triggered some stops that further moved the price lower.

In many moves, both up and down, the biggest move is at the end. This is very common. The fact that it was a large fund doesn't mean much. If I didn't beat almost all funds year after year I wouldn't have a reason to self direct my investments.

Big <> good, and in fact most funds don't beat the market.

Best

Robert
    Jan 28 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Doesn't Have A Problem, You Do [View article]
    Hello Wizard,

Thanks for reading and your kind words. I too share your thoughts that it won't take six months, in fact I believe the bottom is here this week (timing of my article is not by accident). BUT and this is the big BUTT, I will still hold because I believe the bigger payoff will be found by holding.

With as many years as I have been at this, I have the experience of seeing this play out many times. 2008 and 2009 are recent examples, but I started out in the 80s. Getting older does have some advantages....lol

Best

Robert
    Jan 28 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Doesn't Have A Problem, You Do [View article]
    Hello Dave,

Thanks!! I appreciate that.

Best

Robert
    Jan 28 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Doesn't Have A Problem, You Do [View article]
    Hi Likely,

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.

I can understand why you may come to your conclusion if you haven't done your homework.

It's not just the message that has meaning, but more importantly, the timing. I make a living as a market timer, and I welcome you to take a look at the price of apple now, and again in a few weeks and in a few months compared to the "other" articles. If you want a spoiler, and don't want to wait, take a look at my other article, especially in my own name over the last few years.

Best

Robert
    Jan 28 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Doesn't Have A Problem, You Do [View article]
    Hello Neri,

Thanks for reading and for your kind words.

I want to stress that at least for me, I believe it will be, BUT it doesn't matter because I entered into the position for the long term. It's why I didn't take a quick profit.

Best

Robert
    Jan 28 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sometimes Buying An Option Makes More Sense Than Buying The Underlying Stock [View article]
    I still publish the articles on a weekly basis. Each week I go into detail about one in the newsletter that options newsletter that I contribute to, and also I write for other financial sites. I don't think it's right to advertise here, but if you google me you will find me easily. I typically have 4-6 stocks a week I write about that are reasonable to capture.
    Nov 24 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for reading my article and for your kind words.

My last dividend article wasn't rejected, but they asked me to change it to more of a long term biased theme. Since the concept is shorter term in nature and it wasn't the first time I was asked to change the content in a dividend capture article, I decided not to publish it or any similar in this venue since.

Respectfully,

Robert Weinstein
    Nov 20 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Alternative To Purchasing Shares Of Coca-Cola [View article]
    Very good article Bret.
    Nov 19 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Upcoming Ex-Dividend Date Offers Opportunity [View article]
    Thanks for reading my article, and I am glad you enjoyed it. To be clear, I am referring to the November Monthly options. Monthly options as a rule expire the third Saturday of the month following the third Friday that they trade (exercise must be by Friday 5PM CST)
    Oct 28 01:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Now And Patiently Wait For Pandora's Stock To Hit New Heights [View article]
    The number of errors in the last couple weeks on the royalty issue and the Apple story are just mind-boggling.

A guy on SA and one on Mutley Fool referred to Apple's "announcement" and a "press release" about starting a streaming service. Of course, Apple has done or said nothing of the sort.

There's not much you can do other than throw your hands up and, if you're bullish, buy on the noise.
    Sep 24 07:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Punkslaps Apple - Cook Makes Strategic Error [View article]
    "Pandora has never been a key partner with Apple in the way that Google has been."

Yeah, Steve Jobs used to just put anybody on stage with him. Give me a break.

And, no need for "all due respect"; clearly, this is one man's opinion. I never intended it to be anything else.
    Sep 23 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Punkslaps Apple - Cook Makes Strategic Error [View article]
    Or the more innocuous (and accurate) answer: We're trying to promote the Website Robert Weinstein is building out. He writes under Paid2Trade as well.
    Sep 22 06:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for taking the time to read my article and for posting your thoughts.

I am going to take your comment one step further and suggest investors DON'T "dabble" in options. I write options everyday and options are to stocks like chess is to checkers.

In that sense we are very close in opinion. With that said, the strategy presented here is lower risk than a typical covered call. Most of the trade idea questions that are presented to me have a negative edge so it's more advantageous to not make the trade at all.

Lastly, for high volume big liquidity stocks (what most retail traders trade) selling cash covered puts is better due to transaction costs. There is a lot more to it than that, but its outside the scope of one reply comment.

Robert
    Sep 22 01:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the well wishes. I do this for a living and I don't rely on luck, but again thanks.
    I understand you’re closed to the concepts of the article, and that is fine. It does make me wonder why you’re reading this article, and commenting, but again, that’s fine. No worries and I’m glad you’re here along with everyone else.
    A few points others reading this may wish to consider:
    Some may call it gibberish and some may call it a mathematical edge. Anyone can call it what they like and calculating probabilities and taking an active role in investments isn't for everyone.
    I do this for a living and I don't rely on luck, but again thanks.
    Unless your father is a Senator and or you're politically connected, you probably should not emulate Warren Buffett. Mr. Buffett doesn't succeed because he is lucky, he succeeds because he has an information and political advantage over other market participants. As a professional in the business, I am relatively sure spending one, two or even 20 hours a week isn't giving someone an edge.
    A case in point is AGNC, I recently wrote an article about that one - http://bit.ly/Px1BYo (spooler alert – AGNC dividend is going down. Payout is currently greater than forward income and QE3 is flattening the yield curve). Also, anyone who doesn’t understand the concept of a flattening yield curve (don’t feel bad, most don’t) should NEVER invest is this REIT.
    AGNC is one of the last stocks you want to own because you want to sleep easy at night.
    Don’t take any of this personally, there are 3000 other people that are going to read this and have questions and it would be a shame if anyone bought AGNC because they thought they are going to make a 15% forward yield.
    When you’re (or anyone else) ready to learn about calculating yield curves, edges, and overall how to improve your long term performance you can subscribe to the Rocco Pendola Option Newsletter which I contribute actionable ideas weekly.
    Sep 22 01:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Are you serious? Did you read the article?

This article demonstrates how you can LOWER your risk. If that doesn't help you sleep easy at night, I am not sure what will.

If you want to take the easy way, and not put in extra effort I guess that's your choice, but suggesting others take a lazy approach with higher risk and in the end, lower returns forces me to call you out in your ignorance.

Outsized returns go to those who take advantage of every possible edge they can find.Adding an extra trade over the course of a month is far from the concept of "trade monkey". Besides, the line is long with people wishing they could give up their jobs and be a "trade monkey" if only they knew how.

Best of luck to you and I hope your investment works out well.
    Sep 21 06:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment