StockSaints

View StockSaints' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sometimes Buying An Option Makes More Sense Than Buying The Underlying Stock [View article]
    Thanks for your kind words.

I agree this is a great option to learn with. Come to think of it, it's almost like having training wheel on and I can't think of a better type to learn with.

No "gotachas" like time decay, and IV to ruin and otherwise good idea. It's as clean as they get.

Best of luck to you and feel free to stop in my chat room where you will find me almost every trading day.
    Sep 21 06:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Punkslaps Apple - Cook Makes Strategic Error [View article]
    I am a member of both cultures. Though I don't wait in line. At least not in the flesh.
    Sep 21 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dead Money Stocks To Sell Now [View article]
    I think that's a good plan. But we need to see real progress at below $20.
    Sep 17 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Important iPhone 5 Release Details We're Ignoring [View article]
    Teenagers across the world are happy about that fact as well.
    Sep 17 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Important iPhone 5 Release Details We're Ignoring [View article]
    I guess you don't understand what I am saying.

I think the deals on the 4 and 4S could help Apple sell more phones. I am not talking revenue.

I agree it's a great strategy, but it's not what I am referring to.
    Sep 16 07:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dead Money Stocks To Sell Now [View article]
    Amazing. Even the one I am typing on right now does.
    Sep 16 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dead Money Stocks To Sell Now [View article]
    You can call me Rocco :-)

"It takes *time* to develop chips."

Absolutely.

And that would not be an issue had Intel not missed the boat in the first place.

Not sure why they did because clearly the one thing you cannot question about Intel is their brains. Maybe there was arrogance. A naive thought that they did not need to get a jump on mobile. I don't know. But you can't tell me they were not warned -- it's not like they don't meet with people from Apple, etc. on a regular basis.

That's why this is a dog fight. And maybe it did not have to be. Because Intel wasted some time. Facebook can do that and get the benefit of the doubt. "Rookie" mistake. Can't give Intel a pass here.
    Sep 16 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dead Money Stocks To Sell Now [View article]
    Nothing wrong with a little self-promotion.

Listen, I respect Intel. Heck, I owned the stock up until about a month ago. Probably a good move to sell, given the swoon.

They have had several nice conferences and investment announcements over the past couple of years. Show us, don't tell us. By show us, become dominant in an area that matters. This is a dog fight. Make no mistake about it.
    Sep 16 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dead Money Stocks To Sell Now [View article]
    I am using a Macbook Pro with an Intel processor in it right now.

If you think being in Macbooks is going to save Intel, look in the mirror for flagrant ignorance.

They are hitched to PCs. Ultrabooks. And they have gone absolutely nowhere in mobile. And, beyond that, they have a bunch of side projects (automotive technology, cable tv (!)).
    Sep 16 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Important iPhone 5 Release Details We're Ignoring [View article]
    I am speaking about unit sales.
    Sep 15 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Important iPhone 5 Release Details We're Ignoring [View article]
    Sick. As in awesome. Rad. Phat.

I "spotlight" it now because, for many consumers, the distinction between the three iPhone models presently available is not that great. I think iPhone 4 and 4S have the potential for a more meaningful impact.

By the way, if I hate Apple, I would love to see how I would act if loved them.

Today, I bought TWO iPhone 5s and I type on a Macbook Pro with Retina Display.
    Sep 14 11:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Creating A Growth And Dividend Income Portfolio With $150,000, Part One [View article]
    There is $75K left to spend. And, honestly, diversification is a myth. Stock picking is where it's at. Knowing a few solid companies really well.
    Sep 12 11:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco Upcoming Dividend Play [View article]
    Thanks for reading my article. The amount I need above intrinsic value is based on a combination of several factors. These include market Beta, Implied Volatility, time to ex-dividend, time to option expiration, moving averages, yield and liquidity of options.

It's mostly automatic for me as my computer spits out the number based on my algorithm
    Sep 11 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The $100,000 Portfolio: A 65% Gain Year-to-Date [View article]
    I owned LULU calls. Lost under $1,000.

I wish I had just bought the stock and held on to it!
    Sep 11 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The $100,000 Portfolio: A 65% Gain Year-to-Date [View article]
    They're not supposed to.

See my article history under Rocco Pendola.

Generally, there is more to the story. But thanks for the insight.
    Sep 11 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment