StockSaints

View StockSaints' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sirius XM Needs To Raise Prices [View article]
    sirifiar -

"At the moment, any direct price increase may hinder company efforts to grow its sub base at a faster clip than today."

If it raises prices and is successful at doing so, raising the subscriber base may not matter if ARPU is dropping. With less subs and higher ARPU the net effect on margins and bottom line can still be positive.
    May 29, 2013. 06:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Needs To Raise Prices [View article]
    Joe -

Why not? The stock needs EPS growth to support higher prices. If ARPU shows a decline in Q2 or even a bigger sequential drop, I think management will have to consider it. What's the worst that can happen? Cable companies raise rates every year.
    May 29, 2013. 05:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Needs To Raise Prices [View article]
    Tiger -

I'm not saying right now - this very moment. But I think by the third or fourth quarter the company should say something regarding an increase for the start of 2014.
    May 29, 2013. 05:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Needs To Raise Prices [View article]
    PRKM -

"why does this person like to continue to compare SiriusXm radio to Pandora."

I think it's because Sirius XM's management themselves compares Sirius to Pandora and other companies that are competing for listening ears such as Spotify and ClearChannel. They've done so as recent as last week. Take a look: http://1.usa.gov/175LFr7

"Pandora is losing money and will continue to lose money if it stays in business or is not bought out by google, Apple of maybe even highly unlikely Sirius."

That's not an accurate statement. Their recent Q1 report suggests otherwise.

"Raise prices with revenue continuing to increase maybe and increase to offset royalty fees, etc."

Can you elaborate more on this?

"But I just don't get where this writer thinks he knows more about satellite radio than those that are running the company."

I don't think I've made this claim. But I believe I've supported my reasons above for thinking that a rate increase is warranted.

"Or is this really Rocco or Cameron writing incognito wishing an increases will bring ruin to a company they have already said they despise?"

My name is Richard Saintvilus. I have written under the pseudonym Cameron Kaine in the past. I can't speak for Rocco, but I'm sure he'll agree that a price increase (if done correctly) are good for all companies, not just Sirius XM.

For the record, I don't despise Sirius and I never have. I've been highly critical of management to taking the company to the brink of bankruptcy and then giving 40% of the company away for peanuts.

However, today Sirius is completely different company on better fundamentals. I've changed my mind on the company - the same way that I've changed my mind on numerous other things. I respect that you've never had to change yours about anything.
    May 29, 2013. 05:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stock Predictions For This Week [View article]
    combat -

"So, while the coffin is being upgraded, $MSFT keeps making more and more and more money...."

Nobody is debating this fact. But what has the stock done since 2000? The dividend has been good. But the stock has been dead money.
    May 28, 2013. 01:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stock Predictions For This Week [View article]
    Thanks Marcap. If you can enlighten me with your reasons for disagreeing with me, I would appreciate it. I always look forward to your posts, especially on everything BlackBerry. They've made me laugh - and I mean that with a great deal of respect.
    May 28, 2013. 09:44 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stock Predictions For This Week [View article]
    Storman -

You say this as if it's a bad thing. I'd move out, but I love her cooking too much. We're having meatloaf tonight. Don't be jealous :-)
    May 28, 2013. 09:22 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stock Predictions For This Week [View article]
    vireoman -

"the stock has both reached it's bottom and its ceiling. Interesting perspective."

Indeed! In other words, grab a Snickers bar.
    May 28, 2013. 08:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Vs. Sirius XM: Is It Game On Again? [View article]
    Heady -

Thanks for the kind comment. I agree with you regarding the fact that Pandora needs to better diversify its business. Read the bottom of this article by Rick Munarriz on the Motley Fool. He talks about Pandora's "outside the box" thinking. I'm curious for your take on it: http://bit.ly/10Ym9fa
    May 27, 2013. 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    rmalud -

I tend respond to the level of the comment. I wouldn't want to confuse anyone.
    May 23, 2013. 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    PentyOStocks -

"just like it not opinion that "
    "If you cannot differential between fact and opinion"

It's best if you not give advice and stick to whether or not Nokia is a good long-term investment. Brad Pitt
    May 23, 2013. 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    Hi Abu -

You've got deal. But I need for you to clear up what you would define as Nokia performing "worst than Apple." When are we starting this performance comparison? Is it for 12 months beginning now?
    May 23, 2013. 01:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    Marcap -

"So which company looks the most promising today as an investment? In my view...Nokia...beyond any shadow of doubt!"

You're entitled to that view. The market, however, has other ideas. Good luck!
    May 23, 2013. 12:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    radarthreat -

It's not "grammar niggling" but if someone is going to give advice suggesting that "I find the root causes" of anything, (while trying to be witty), it helps to not look foolish in the process.
    May 23, 2013. 12:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    sepersei -

"That is not for a financial site but for a psychological one, and well...im not interested in that."

It's a blog site. You'll be surprised to learn that some times opinions are expressed.
    May 23, 2013. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment